F1 F1 2023 - The Rise of Oscar

Remove this Banner Ad

Truth is in the middle imo. He's been better than Ricciardi at McLaren imo (not a high bar tbh), but he definitely hasn't shown anything to be more than a handy driver.

Hamilton in his first year went toe to toe with Alonso, Verstappen was immediately beating his teammates at 17 and won his first race in a RB. That's what top talents do, they immediately set their mark.

Getting handily beaten by Norris doesn't exactly scream future world champ material.
I think were jumping then gun a little bit here, he is within 2 tenths 1/3 of the way through his 1st season. If they are driving the Mclaren that Lewis and Alonso did they would be fighting for wins and podiums not q3 appearances and p10.

We really havent seen Piastri and Norris go head to head because either 1 or both have had issues at every race this year, the next 4 races in europe will start to tell a greater story on where they are at pace wise head to head.

I think you are looking at it with a little too much Aussie bias.

Piastri has been fairly unremarkable in a dud car. He will be given a while because of his junior form, but he has been behind the pace of his teammate (understandably, Norris is more experienced) and right now isn't offering too much more in that second seat than Danny Ric was.
IMG_3067.gif

Max was also in a car capable of winning races. Oscar is in a car that is 50/50 for the points most races.
Max was also in a car capable of winning races. Oscar is in a car that is 50/50 for the points most races.

Scuderia Toro Rosso.

Leclerc's rather public criticism of Ferrari might backfire for him eventually, even if he's right. They're not especially tolerant of that sort of thing.

I think were jumping then gun a little bit here, he is within 2 tenths 1/3 of the way through his 1st season. If they are driving the Mclaren that Lewis and Alonso did they would be fighting for wins and podiums not q3 appearances and p10.

We really havent seen Piastri and Norris go head to head because either 1 or both have had issues at every race this year, the next 4 races in europe will start to tell a greater story on where they are at pace wise head to head.
Two tenths is being beaten handily. I get where you're coming from, but the top drivers have always been right on the pace against their contemporaries from the get go.

I'm not saying that Piastri isn't/won't be great, but based on current form he hasn't lit the world on fire like generational talents (like many have claimed he would be).

Red Bull's pace in Verstappen's hands is clearly a step ahead again this race. Hopefully the scrap for the podium is good.

Hulk is granting Piastri the chance to build a gap to the rest of the pack. Hamilton vs Alonso has all the hallmarks of a classic scrap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oooooohhhhh Merc cooked the pitstop, could get an unsafe release.

Rookie error from Russell.

Edit: Probs not unsafe, Alonso just sold it for all his worth 😅

F1 F1 2023 - The Rise of Oscar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back