F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Checo must be bringing in a shed load of sponsorship $$$ if they are willing to throw away the Constructors Championship to keep him. This is F1, and money trumps everything, or so it seems.

On SM-X205 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah he is backed by some huge companies, I just didn’t think it would be enough. If he can’t get given the flick now then hard to see it happening at the end of the year either.

Confirmed Drivers for 2025:

Red Bull: Verstappen, Perez ($$$$ talks)
McLaren: Norris, Piastri
Ferrari: Hamilton, LeClerc
Mercedes: Russell
Aston Martin: Stroll, Alonso
VCARB: Tsunoda
Haas: Ocon, Bearman
Williams: Sainz, Albon
Alpine: Gasly
Sauber: Hulkenberg

That leaves 4 seats unconfirmed, with the following drivers still uncontracted for 2025:
  • Ricciardo
  • Magnussen
  • Sargeant
  • Guanyu
  • Bottas
Antonelli has been heavily linked to the Mercedes seat, and the option of sending him to Williams is now gone - so I think we can pencil this one in (though not in ink).

There's every indication that VCARB want Lawson in the 2nd seat, which means Ricciardo needs to find a new home, given that Perez' $$$$ have spoken and the Red Bull seat is not up for grabs.

That leaves seats at Alpine & Sauber...

With Sainz making his decision yesterday, we can expect the rest of the dominos to fall fairly quickly.

Is Guanyu producing a whole lot of $$$'s for Sauber? He'd be in trouble otherwise.
I imagine he's got a fair amount of support being the only Chinese driver on the grid

Genuinely amazed Perez keeps his seat, I was nearly ready to put my house on Danny Ric being there next race. Probably explains the current state of my Sportsbet account.

Now I just hope Mclaren and Mercedes continue to press RB and claim the constructors title.

Checo must be bringing in a shed load of sponsorship $$$ if they are willing to throw away the Constructors Championship to keep him. This is F1, and money trumps everything, or so it seems.
The Mexican GP is upcoming after the break.

There are a lot of deep holes in Mexico and for the sixth year running, Mexico registered more than 30,000 murders in 2023, marking the most violent period in the country's recent history.

Just saying.

Yep looks like this may be the end of the road for Daniel. Don't see Alpine wanting him back or Zhou leaving Sauber. Merc will bring in the youngster and Lawson takes his seat.

Thought Haas may be an option but Ocon is there now.

Genuinely amazed Perez keeps his seat, I was nearly ready to put my house on Danny Ric being there next race. Probably explains the current state of my Sportsbet account.

Now I just hope Mclaren and Mercedes continue to press RB and claim the constructors title.
Here are the current standings in the Constructors Championship:
408 - Red Bull
366 - McLaren
345 - Ferrari
266 - Mercedes

We're currently 14 races down, with 10 to go.

On current trends McLaren are hot favourites to win the Constructors Championship. Mercedes might catch Ferrari (unless the red cars start racing again), but they're too far behind to trouble Red Bull.

Red Bull must not be 100% convinced Max is sticking around for next year (particularly with the Mercedes seat vacant).
One of the only reasons (with $ being the other) I can see them justifying keeping Perez.
Nah... there's only one reason for keeping Perez - the sponsorship $$$$ he brings with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely stirring the pot.
The salt displayed by Norris last week shows a small fracture in the driver/team relationship.
Why wouldn’t an opponent, who now consider you a genuine threat to their dominance, have a go at making that crack into a canyon?
Anyone else notice that on the podium when the Champaign spraying starts that every driver has avoided Piastri? Norris completely ignored him for Piastris maiden win, and then Russell and Hamilton also ignored him after Spa.

I know it’s trivial but definitely noticeable that the young bloke is being isolated.

Red Bull must not be 100% convinced Max is sticking around for next year (particularly with the Mercedes seat vacant).
One of the only reasons (with $ being the other) I can see them justifying keeping Perez.
Or (as I've often thought) they realise their car is no good and don't think Daniel/Liam/Yuki would do any/much better in the car.

j1kriko5zgfd1.jpeg

Williams becomes the first team (that we know for certain of) with two appendix-less drivers on the team.

If Perez's sponsorship money is around the mark of the prize money for winning the constructors championship then they might see that combined with more wind tunnel time for finishing 2nd rather than first to be a net positive.

If Perez's sponsorship money is around the mark of the prize money for winning the constructors championship then they might see that combined with more wind tunnel time for finishing 2nd rather than first to be a net positive.
Would also need to cover the bonuses that the staff get for WCC positions otherwise you may end up with a completely pissed off RedBull staff.

Confirmed Drivers for 2025:

Red Bull: Verstappen, Perez ($$$$ talks)
McLaren: Norris, Piastri
Ferrari: Hamilton, LeClerc
Mercedes: Russell
Aston Martin: Stroll, Alonso
VCARB: Tsunoda
Haas: Ocon, Bearman
Williams: Sainz, Albon
Alpine: Gasly
Sauber: Hulkenberg

That leaves 4 seats unconfirmed, with the following drivers still uncontracted for 2025:
  • Ricciardo
  • Magnussen
  • Sargeant
  • Guanyu
  • Bottas
Antonelli has been heavily linked to the Mercedes seat, and the option of sending him to Williams is now gone - so I think we can pencil this one in (though not in ink).

There's every indication that VCARB want Lawson in the 2nd seat, which means Ricciardo needs to find a new home, given that Perez' $$$$ have spoken and the Red Bull seat is not up for grabs.

That leaves seats at Alpine & Sauber...

With Sainz making his decision yesterday, we can expect the rest of the dominos to fall fairly quickly.
I'd still be putting an asterisk along side Perez.
The way I see it, Red Bull confirming he'll see out the remainder of 2024 has nothing to do with 2025. He would need to improve significantly in the remaining 10 races to retain the seat. If Red Bull don't win the constructors, I'd say he's definitely out the door.
I suspect his reportedly large sponsorships and that the Mexican GP is in this half of the schedule (those two factors are intertwined) have saved his bacon for this year.
I can't see Red Bull putting themselves in this position again in 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back