F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The disrespect for Dan in this thread is absolutely disgusting.
A couple of posters actively celebrating his apparent demise.
Like it or not, the man has driven 249 races, won 8.
Which is far more than you internet heroes ever have or ever will.
I suppose the posters ability to say “I told you first” overcomes their small dick reality of life.

She seems to be the only commentator that is truly universally disliked.
The fact she's a conspiracy nutter probably doesn't help.
Think the the fact she was a very average driver with no connection to f1 at all helps. I would be the same if Marco andretti was in that spot

Sent from my SM-A556E using Tapatalk

I'm interested in how Bearman will go at Haas next year. Granted, my viewing of F2 is sporadic but the times I've tuned in he was invloved in a few incidents. Could just be the impatience of youth, but can also see some Grojean-like tendencies there.

I suppose the posters ability to say “I told you first” overcomes their small dick reality of life.
Jokes on you, I'm Mark Webber #9wins

Last edited:
Where's an example of anyone actively celebrating it?

I don't think you'd find a poster that wouldn't prefer he was on the grid next season. He clearly won't be though.

Nothing wrong with being a realist...

Please don't think I'm a Ricciardo hater, because I'm not. He's been my favourite F1 driver ever since he arrived at the top level, and a 250 race / 8 win career ranks him with the very top echelons of Australian F1 drivers. Dan is one of the great characters of the F1 circuit.

Sadly, F1 is a cruel business, and the Red Bull team is even harsher than most. Dan's days in the F1 paddock are rapidly coming to a close, and discussing the timing of his likely exit does not make one a hater. It's just the simple reality of the situation in which he now finds himself.

I wish that Ricciardo could keep driving for another 10 years - but the sad reality is that he only has a handful of F1 GPs left, and there's even a reasonable probability that this weekend's race at Silverstone could be his last in F1.

Even if RIC doesn't have a future with RB beyond this season, he is still super valuable to them in terms of marketing, driver feedback, car development etc. He also has been improving race upon race so its not like he is currently going backwards (albeit the car itself is) and having him next to TSU has pushed TSU to be a better driver as well. While it may be RIC's last season, I don't think they will boot him mid season, I expect him to drive out the year with RB.

Last edited:
It will depend on how much urgency there is to get Lawson into the car (which will largely be determined by whether other teams are circling him for a drive).

On pure form, Ricciardo is nowhere near the lows that DeVries was when he got punted mid-season and if only looking at form then you'd say Ricciardo deserves to see the year out. However the Lawson situation is what may pus up the timeline.

It will depend on how much urgency there is to get Lawson into the car (which will largely be determined by whether other teams are circling him for a drive).

On pure form, Ricciardo is nowhere near the lows that DeVries was when he got punted mid-season and if only looking at form then you'd say Ricciardo deserves to see the year out. However the Lawson situation is what may pus up the timeline.
With DeVries, the urgency was the need to get him out of the car.
With Ricciardo, the urgency is the need to get Lawson into the car.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

teehee

not sure why peco’s form has tailed off to the extent it has. he’s a shadow of the driver he was a few years back
Has a lot to do with the Red Bull car not being as dominant as it was. The McLaren, Ferrari & Mercedes cars have all closed the gap, and they each have 2x drivers who are far more talented than Checo.

Has a lot to do with the Red Bull car not being as dominant as it was. The McLaren, Ferrari & Mercedes cars have all closed the gap, and they each have 2x drivers who are far more talented than Checo.
Is it just that?

Do you think if Sergio was in the second McLaren, he'd be performing as well as Oscar?

I don't know if he's lost a bit as a driver.

Is it just that?

Do you think if Sergio was in the second McLaren, he'd be performing as well as Oscar?

I don't know if he's lost a bit as a driver.
No, he's clearly the least talented driver in the top-4 teams. We have an A+ driver in Max, 6x A drivers, and a B- driver in Checo.

Checo was able to achieve podium finishes when the Red Bull was dominant, and the car was able to compensate for his deficiencies as a driver. With the car advantage gone, Checo has to rely on his own talents (or lack thereof) to achieve results.

Note this explains his results in Austria, where he was last of the drivers for the top-4 teams, and ahead of most of the weaker cars. It doesn't come close to explaining how awful he was in Canada & Monaco, though even Max couldn't get the car to work in Monaco.

Last edited:
Ricciardo a chance at Williams apparently with Sainz dithering according to the Missed Apex podcast .
Contradicts what Ricciardo himself is reported as saying, as reported on speedcafe:
https://speedcafe.com/ricciardo-not-focused-on-lawson-f1-threat/
Ricciardo is looking to remain with RB next season.

He confessed to Speedcafe earlier this year that he would be happy to remain with the Faenza team, which in reality is his only option.

The 2025 driver market has been especially fluid, with Pierre Gasly and Lance Stroll securing their futures on Thursday.

Red Bull Racing, Ferrari, McLaren, and Aston Martin now all have their pairings sorted at least into 2025, with other drivers heavily linked to the remaining vacancies – including Lawson to Sauber (Audi).

For Ricciardo, should the RB drive get away from him, he's conceded there are no conversations happening elsewhere.

“I would say no,” he admitted of his options away from RB.

“Not to be stubborn or arrogant about it, but I'm not looking anywhere else.

“I've said it, I really do enjoy being back in the family. I weirdly do enjoy sometimes a little bit of pokes from Helmut, because I think it's also, it can also be a way to get me a little bit fired up and try and get the best out of me.

“I sound casual, I don't want to be casual about it, because obviously I care a lot,” he added.

“Maybe I'm at a point where it's just like, what will be will be.

“I'm just going to put everything I can on the table from an effort and performance, and if that is good enough to secure me a seat, great. If not, then OK, I did everything I could.

“I think in terms of the musical chairs stuff, whatever it's called, yeah, I think if I get focused on that, then I'm… I need to put all my attention here. Simple as that.”

Id say if RB tell him Lawson is getting the seat... and Williams are like.. hey drive for us... he will take it.
"earlier this year". A lot can change in a short period of time. Earlier in the year he would have backed himself for Checo's seat.
Both fair statements.

I don't see him having a seat in F1 in 2025, but I would be VERY happy to be proven wrong.

Yeah quote is from a different time.
Ric would know his fate by now.

Sainz needs to be careful or he'll be the one left out when the music stops. Teams will only wait so long.

I would guess that Williams would be just as happy with Bottas or Danny Ric as they would with Sainz.

Yeah quote is from a different time.
Ric would know his fate by now.

Sainz needs to be careful or he'll be the one left out when the music stops. Teams will only wait so long.

I would guess that Williams would be just as happy with Bottas or Danny Ric as they would with Sainz.
Current Sainz is considerably better than current Ricciardo or Bottas

Current Sainz is considerably better than current Ricciardo or Bottas
Agree but at what point as a business do you take some pride and draw the line in the sand?
For what Williams are trying to do I'd argue Ric or bottas are equal to Sainz. Maybe even better. He has more races under his belt and far more experience to help them develop.

If Sainz was excited by any of the offers he'd be signed up already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back