F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the drivers press conference, Norris has calmed a lot from his comments after the race, has spoken with Max.
Need another incident on track to bring back the spice

Watching the drivers press conference, Norris has calmed a lot from his comments after the race, has spoken with Max.
Good, tbh his and McLarens carry on days after the race was a tad over the top considering he was also partly to blame for the incident and wasn’t exactly innocent himself (the numerous dive bomb attempts, running Max off the track prior etc).

EDIT: Just seen the footage, much more level headed response from Lando.
Its a pity the rest of the F1 media can't act the same way.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Williams have been backmarkers for almost 10 years now.
Vowles has been good for them, but has he been good enough to make them a midfield or upper field contender?
Jury's still out but from what it sounds like he basically had to rip up that whole team and start again.

Williams have been backmarkers for almost 10 years now.
Vowles has been good for them, but has he been good enough to make them a midfield or upper field contender?
Jury's still out but from what it sounds like he basically had to rip up that whole team and start again.
And Albon has signed a long term deal with this understanding in place

Williams had the best out-clause apparently so he could move after a look at the 2026 car.

I think he's waiting to get the same clause built into the Audi contract.
I have read he's still holding out for Max to leave Rb. He might miss out on a seat if he's not careful

Sent from my SM-A556E using Tapatalk

I have read he's still holding out for Max to leave Rb. He might miss out on a seat if he's not careful

Sent from my SM-A556E using Tapatalk
Surely Red Bull jump on Sainz if that happens

Surely Red Bull jump on Sainz if that happens

There were rumours a few weeks ago that Red Bull have no interest as they weren't particularly pleased with his old man who tried to cause a shit storm behind the scenes to get him preferential treatment over Max when he was there before.

There were rumours a few weeks ago that Red Bull have no interest as they weren't particularly pleased with his old man who tried to cause a shit storm behind the scenes to get him preferential treatment over Max when he was there before.
Yep, I remember that. Good call. I wonder what Sainz is waiting on then.

Remembering back to how that saga unfolded, Carlos Sainz Sr. wasn't the dad who caused the most kerfuffle to get his son the best treatment from the team. If Max left I doubt Red Bull would have any issue replacing him with Sainz.

Anyone else heard the rumours that Williams have had enough of waiting for Sainz and are keen on ADR?

If you look a few posts up or at the previous couple of pages you will see that yes, we have heard them.

Williams had the best out-clause apparently so he could move after a look at the 2026 car.

I think he's waiting to get the same clause built into the Audi contract.
I think this is a more common clause on the grid than may have been reported when all of the contract negotiations were done.

In Norris' resigning at the start of the year they spoke about a "long term deal" to "at least the end of 2026"

Leclercs' resigning was announced with "several more years" that was rumoured to be 5 years but Ferrari never confirmed this from what I could see

Verstappen's contract was announced to 2028 but we know he has some clauses baked in their to get out if he wants, thus the Merc talk.

But if I'm Audi there's no way I'm offering the star driver a chance to leave the contract after one year in the doghouse - that to me is the one team that's not going to give a driver that clause.

teehee

not sure why peco’s form has tailed off to the extent it has. he’s a shadow of the driver he was a few years back
When your teammate keeps beating you even when you drive at your best you suddenly realise you aren't the best and it breaks you, truth be told he has done no better than albon and gasly but held his seat due to a car that had enough pace over the field to make anyone driving it look good.

Pretty much everytime the others teams are close enough checo isnt scoring a podium, go into race weekends atm thinking 7 drivers could win it but checo cant beat the others without a pace gap and max having issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back