F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This 4 week mid-season break BS surely has to end.

Why can't they take their break during the 3 months between seasons?
I believe it is EU law for a shutdown as they don't have normal annual leave. Happens a lot across the continent. Dealing with clients who are on break for 2 weeks atm.

Talk of Rwanda pitching for an African GP is pretty leftfield, but Kigali would unquestionably be the most scenic, lushest backdrop of any circuit. Very safe city but, still, dont think it quite has the infrastructure yet to host it. Not far off though.
With Senegal's car racing legacy personally reckon it'd be cool to develop Circuit de Dakar-Baobabs. Very close to the airport, beaches and capital.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_de_Dakar_Baobabs

Last edited:

Talk of Rwanda pitching for an African GP is pretty leftfield, but Kigali would unquestionably be the most scenic, lushest backdrop of any circuit. Very safe city but, still, dont think it quite has the infrastructure yet to host it. Not far off though.
With Senegal's car racing legacy personally reckon it'd be cool to develop Circuit de Dakar-Baobabs. Very close to the airport, beaches and capital.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_de_Dakar_Baobabs
That's a nice track. Better than some on the calender now

Sent from my SM-A556E using Tapatalk

That's a nice track. Better than some on the calender now

Any actual track is better than the 80000 street tracks on the calendar.

I wish the Dutch GP wasn’t the first track after the summer break. Such a dull affair. Been waiting for a month for some racing only for the boring track to welcome us back.

Last year's race was pretty good
Pretty much every race with rain is good. I'm surprised Liberty Media haven't thought of implementing giant sprinklers at every track.

Pretty much every race with rain is good. I'm surprised Liberty Media haven't thought of implementing giant sprinklers at every track.
Speaking of liberty, anyone know why they stopped broadcasting those driver meetings? Watching who drivers sat next to, who asked questions, who giggled like a kid in high school was entertaining stuff. Better than most of the DTS series. Vettel and Hamilton throwing jabs at one another was great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of liberty, anyone know why they stopped broadcasting those driver meetings? Watching who drivers sat next to, who asked questions, who giggled like a kid in high school was entertaining stuff. Better than most of the DTS series. Vettel and Hamilton throwing jabs at one another was great.
e90faa3b1dbe7cf4edf9fc0e4f293efa.jpg

33 minutes and I stopped watching when he started talking to his dog.
Can you give us a recap?
Basically the timeline that Windsor uses as his proof doesn't line up with the evidence of when the wording of the rule was changed, and that Tommo thinks even if it is true that it would be more like Mercedes with DAS or Aston Martin's rear wing last year than it would be like Ferrari's 2019 fuel flow in the spectrum from loophole to cheating

Separately, I find it hard to believe that a small sprung weight with no further mechanical control like Scarborough is apparently suggesting would be able to withstand the pressure of hydraulic breaks

33 minutes and I stopped watching when he started talking to his dog.
Can you give us a recap?
Basically f1 has changed the rules for axles because a certain team not named but very heavily implied went around the rules cough redbull cough. And coincidentally there form drop off coincided with the rule changes.

Danny ric has turned down audi apparently.
Well, there's only one seat, to be decided between him & Checo - and they opted not to bounce Checo out during the summer break because they didn't see Ricciardo as an improvement.

Danny may well have signed his own retirement papers with this move (or deliberate lack of move).

Well, there's only one seat, to be decided between him & Checo - and they opted not to bounce Checo out during the summer break because they didn't see Ricciardo as an improvement.

Danny may well have signed his own retirement papers with this move (or deliberate lack of move).
Pretty much. Find out next month. That's when they have to decide on Lawson.

If the rumours regarding Checo are to be believed, Red Bull had Ricciardo back in that seat already.

I don't expect any announcement regarding Red Bull's driver lineup for 2025 to be confirmed until the week of Mexico (favourable to Perez) or the week of Las Vegas (favourable to Ricciardo).

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back