F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Monza
4b703cd91544940eefbc66d56fe2a9db.jpg

Sent from my SM-A556E using Tapatalk

That would be a sight!
It's not like he hasn't got close before. He lead 32 laps in Turkey before falling back due to front wing damage (think it was early on despite leading?) and the tyres just didnt work again and Hamilton did the old stay on Intermediates forever.

It's not like he hasn't got close before. He lead 32 laps in Turkey before falling back due to front wing damage (think it was early on despite leading?) and the tyres just didnt work again and Hamilton did the old stay on Intermediates forever.
So he’s been close once, in how many races?

I’ll put my avatar as Lance Stroll for a month if he wins a race. They’d need to turn that Aston into the Red Bull dominant type car.

So he’s been close once, in how many races?

I’ll put my avatar as Lance Stroll for a month if he wins a race. They’d need to turn that Aston into the Red Bull dominant type car.
And how many times has Aston Martin/RP won a race since Stroll has been there? Once.

The guy does have talent. He beat George Russell (4 months his senior) in the 2016 FIA F3 European Championship.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Logan Sargeant being dropped now isn't that surprising, but the replacement certainly is

Putting in a 21yo rookie into a seat when you've already got the 2025 driver lineup set doesn't make all that much sense to me
I guess it gives them a chance to look at someone else, with a view to 2026. How long is Albon's contract?

And how many times has Aston Martin/RP won a race since Stroll has been there? Once.

The guy does have talent. He beat George Russell (4 months his senior) in the 2016 FIA F3 European Championship.
Sure he does. If his Daddy wasn't the owner, it's unlikely he's even on the grid.

Albon is 2028, yeah? Sainz is a bit shorter?
Not sure, that's why I asked...

At the end of the day they had 3 choices: Lawson, Schumacher, someone else. Schumacher is a known quantity, who was sacked by Haas due to the size of his crash repair budget; Lawson would effectively be giving VCARB a leg-up; so giving the gig to their development driver makes sense.

Problem with Schumacher is he's just as crash-prone as Sargeant and they're already bleeding money fixing his car.
The priority for Colapinto will be not totalling it.

Sainz's deal is for 2 years (2025 and 2026) + options it seems

the Spaniard agreeing a deal for the 2025 and 2026 seasons - with "options to extend" beyond that.

The optics for Williams to promote from their Academy looks good for them.

Mick, yeah nice kid, wouldn't have been mad at a second chance but he didn't really scream 'pick me'.
Lawson, seems like Red Bull and Williams couldn't come to an agreement on a loan.

Williams priority should have been someone who can bring the car home, but most importantly provide experienced feedback for their 2025 car. They aren't catching Alpine so the Constructor's is almost irrelevant at this point, they're nailed onto 9th.

The man they should have signed?
Sebastian Vettel.

Yeh given the lineup is set for them for next year, I would have liked to have seen Mick Schumacher get another go, as I reckon he deserves another shot at some stage.

Word was that Lawson was not considered as Red Bull wanted to retain the option to recall him into one of their seats this year, which means a Red Bull switch in 2024 may still be on the cards (for which driver, who knows).

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back