F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

AM has just started a livestream announcing the Adrian Newey news.
Confirmed that Newey is joining AM as a Shareholder and Managing Technical Partner for the F1 team

Last edited:
AM has just started a livestream announcing the Adrian Newey news.
Confirmed that Newey is joining AM as a Shareholder and Managing Technical Partner for the F1 team

I wonder whether there is time enough for him to have a real say on the 2026 car.

I wonder whether there is time enough for him to have a real say on the 2026 car.
100%. He starts 2 months after new regs are announced next yr. He will miss the early part but still plenty of time to have a hand in it. Wouldn't be surprised if he was kept away from 2025 R&D, and told to strictly work on 2026 car once he starts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last season I remember like this was 2012 where Vettel got the championship in the last race of the year.
2012 was one of the GOAT seasons for the modern era.

So many special moments that season. If you ever get the chance, you need to watch the full replay of the 2012 Brazil GP thats all onboards (mainly swaps between VET, BUT, ALO and HAM). Its insane

EDIT: I used to have it saved but think its been taken offline, but did find VET full onboards from the race, amazing when you think what happened in that opening lap

Haven't watched it all yet but seems there are some interesting little tidbits littered throughout the interview (Vettel vs Webber, Max Lewis Silverstone Crash, Abu Dhabi 2021)

hard to believe heā€™d downgrade the golden-haired boy but the importance of being top of the tree might be enough

ā€œLawrence Stroll reportedly has his sights set on an Aston Martin swoop for Max Verstappen.

Talks to make this happen are reportedly already in progress.

Italian publication Autosprint which correctly called Newey to Aston Martin claims Stroll is now ā€˜aiming forā€™ Verstappen, with a view to bringing the Dutchman in for the 2026 season.

Lance Stroll could be diverted onto Aston Martinā€™s World Endurance Championship programme to make space for Verstappen.

fastest pitstop

hard to believe heā€™d downgrade the golden-haired boy but the importance of being top of the tree might be enough

ā€œLawrence Stroll reportedly has his sights set on an Aston Martin swoop for Max Verstappen.

Italian publication Autosprint which correctly called Newey to Aston Martin claims Stroll is now ā€˜aiming forā€™ Verstappen, with a view to bringing the Dutchman in for the 2026 season.

Lance Stroll could be diverted onto Aston Martinā€™s World Endurance Championship programme to make space for Verstappen.

fastest pitstop
Verstappen been chirpy lately too. Saying he has probably lost the championship this year.

Sent from my SM-A556E using Tapatalk

fastest pitstop

Ain't no way he dumps Lance. It will be Alonso that Max would replace.

Ain't no way he dumps Lance. It will be Alonso that Max would replace.
But one of the main reasons Newey has been said to have chosen Aston was that he wanted to work with Fernando.
Also can't see Alonso bailing before 2026 now that Newey is on board. How many seasons he continues beyond 2026 is unknown.

Stroll senior's man goal has been to get Lance a title. Do you really think that now he has Newey on board he will drop that ambition especially when Alonso will be 45 in 2026?
I don't think that Aston Martin would trick Newey into signing on the premise that Alonso will be there in 2026, and then not hold to that agreement.

But one of the main reasons Newey has been said to have chosen Aston was that he wanted to work with Fernando.
Also can't see Alonso bailing before 2026 now that Newey is on board. How many seasons he continues beyond 2026 is unknown.
Surely that's the issue? Can't see him punting his boy unless they're convinced Alonso is running until 2028ish.

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back