F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Now one of their own favoured personalities in the sport says it, maybe UK's Sky F1 will listen? Although it's not just Max who's in their pro-Brit sights of course.

View attachment 2113065

It must have been a shit sandwich for Croft to announce at the end of 2021 that Max is “champion of the worlllllldd”

I'd say so. They have to have Lawson in by end of month or lose him

Sent from my SM-A556E using Tapatalk

No they don't. They have to have him signed for next year in either the RB or RBR.

I'd say so. They have to have Lawson in by end of month or lose him
They have to have him signed to a 2025 seat by the end of the month - they don't have to have him in an F1 seat in 2024.

... but yeah, it's looking likely that they'll give him a few races at the end of the season, to set him up for 2025.

Perez managed to survive at midseason. I don't see Ricciardo being replaced this season.

I think he will be.
Sadly they should dump perez but because of sponsorship etc they wont.
Its just a matter of whether they let dan see the year out or put lawson in now.
Either way i think he will retire he seems content to not seek another seat if red bull/RB dont keep him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In other seat news

Been very impressed with Colapinto in his 2 races so far.

I like colapinto but i think for where sauber are at they should try to get an experienced driver (admittedly the good ones probably dont want to go there).

They could just hold Bottas if they wanted 2 experienced drivers.

But Bottas and Hulkenberg isn't exactly an exciting pairing.

It isnt but i think they need experienced drivers who can help their engineers develop the car etc.

In other seat news

Been very impressed with Colapinto in his 2 races so far.

Colapinto and Hulk is a smart pairing for Audi.

That would make, with Lawson, 'rookies' as 1/4 of the grid the next gen which is cool.

Kimi, Bearman, Doohan, Lawson, Colapinto.

Kind of like when Lando, Albon and Russell all came on in 2019 (and Leclerc the season before).

Also about the 16th next gen that has included Fernando Alonso.

Perez's struggles being somewhat vindicated by the discovery of car issues

Not really. These run of tracks are his strongest on the calendar.

4 DRS zones and we still probably wont see much overtaking.

Singapore_Circuit

It isnt but i think they need experienced drivers who can help their engineers develop the car etc.
They've had that before, what they really need is money from Audi. Sauber have been going through the motions the last 2 years ever since Alfa pulled stumps

Now details surrounding Lawson’s contract with the team emerged with two clauses pouring fuel all the fire.

One clause, reported by AutoRacing1, states Lawson would become a free agent if he doesn’t sign a contract for a race seat by the end of September.

It’s the second clause however that really spells disaster for Ricciardo.

The second one reportedly guarantees him a minimum number of races this season, believed to be five or six.

This is why it probably Danny rics last race

Sent from my SM-A556E using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back