F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Verstappen is also 100% correct - it's a matter of time before Piastri sees himself as being too good to be playing second fiddle to Lando. Only way he stays at McLaren long term is if Lando leaves.
Yeah, Zak Brown keeps saying that McLaren is a team of equals when it comes to driver's but you only have to look at the history of McLaren let alone F1 in general to see having two top tier drivers in the same team almost always ends up in tears.

But whatever you think about Mark Weber as an F1 driver, he has proven himself to be beyond peer when it comes to being a driver manager in the heavy politicised world of F1. He no doubt already has a strategy in place for where Oscar needs to be to get a WDC and that will mean being the recognised #1 driver in a top team.

Picking which team will have the leading car and support package in the next 2-3 years is the tough guess. Will Red Bull and Mercedes continue to be also rans and will McLaren and Ferrari continue their new found dominance?

How much do you think general intelligence comes into play when being an F1 driver ?

I wonder if there is any correlation between Lando's constant errors and mistakes on track, and the notion that he isn't a particularly bright guy (I mean none of the drivers I would consider to be Rhodes Scholars, but Lando in particular appears to be pretty dumb off track)

How much do you think general intelligence comes into play when being an F1 driver ?

I wonder if there is any correlation between Lando's constant errors and mistakes on track, and the notion that he isn't a particularly bright guy (I mean none of the drivers I would consider to be Rhodes Scholars, but Lando in particular appears to be pretty dumb off track)
Its an interesting question.

Its probably more about composure in key moments. You cant tell me Lando didnt know exactly what Max was going to do..... and yet he still fell for it.

Lando makes mistakes in key moments, thats more compsoure than smarts IMO

Its an interesting question.

Its probably more about composure in key moments. You cant tell me Lando didnt know exactly what Max was going to do..... and yet he still fell for it.

Lando makes mistakes in key moments, thats more compsoure than smarts IMO

I was just watching thinking this is not going to end well with Max putting his elbows out and both colliding and going out

It was riveting viewing

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 F1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back