Other Fact or Fiction

Remove this Banner Ad

Save history, keep Lambeau... One of the best Stadiums in the world....

Agree! The AFL should have sold the people of Green Bay VFL Park.

FOF.. The Texans will be the big movers of the AFC next year, AT LEAST reaching the playoffs in a wild card spot...

Fact: Tough Division if they can solve their long term running back needs but they are putting the right pieces together to have a crack.

Fact or Ficton: Less then half the teams next year will have a true feature back with the rest relying on running back by committee.

Hey we hit 100 posts... Nice lol

Fact but that doesn't diminish the responsibilities... I reckon a double attack is more fruitful in attack because it offers difference... There will be a few teams who will be looking to feature (Chargers but they MAY bring up Turner to go 1-2 rush attack) Death of the feature is apparent and will be fore a few years but thats not necessarily a bad thing... Grant looks feature atm though

POTENT Commitees...
Jags - Jones-Drew and Taylor
Giants - Jacobs and Ward/Bradshaw
Vikings - Peterson and Taylor
Saints - Bush and Deuce

Only good things coming lol

FOF
IF Brady has a poor game in the AFC Championship game or Superbowl, Patriots will lose no matter their opponent... (Hypothetical based on Brady's importance obviously)

FOF
IF Brady has a poor game in the AFC Championship game or Superbowl, Patriots will lose no matter their opponent... (Hypothetical based on Brady's importance obviously)

Not a bad question. Everyone knows what Brady has done but to some extent you write it off as running up the score and opportunity but I tend to think that your statement is FACT.

Yes they are a great team but I don't really feel that any other or area in itself is great... other than its QB play. The secondary can be beat (if teams didn't have to chase all the time and play them one-dimensional)... the line-backer corps is quite wise and makes smart plays but I think if you go at them you can win the battle... the d-line strong... i'll settle on FACT.

It is the one consistent cog for them this year.

Not a bad question. Everyone knows what Brady has done but to some extent you write it off as running up the score and opportunity but I tend to think that your statement is FACT.

Yes they are a great team but I don't really feel that any other or area in itself is great... other than its QB play. The secondary can be beat (if teams didn't have to chase all the time and play them one-dimensional)... the line-backer corps is quite wise and makes smart plays but I think if you go at them you can win the battle... the d-line strong... i'll settle on FACT.

It is the one consistent cog for them this year.
Good answer DZ... Of course it will be up to the D to stop their opponents which is something they either haven't hod to do all year or haven't been able to do in a few choice games when they were threatened (Giants, Ravens)

BUT.. No FOF Q :(

Haha you halted the chain lol coz you didn't FACT OR FICTION after answering my Brady question :D

Fiction beacuse of any number of reasons... Still 4 teams in it for one, another is that because the two teams know what the others strength is they will be looking to reduce the impact of the two QB... Have a sneaking suspicion it will be a defensive player whoever gets there IF it is the Pats v Pack

FOF
Dallas will regret keeping Garrett, let alone raising him to assistant head coach (Many blame him for the playoff loss)

Zarco... c'mon man... you've halted the chain

FOF: The SuperBowl MVP is a two-horse race between Tom Brady and Brett Favre?

Fiction: Too good to be true. #21 for Packers is THE MAN!! :p ;) :thumbsu:

FOF: Having won 16-0 in the regular season, (if not winning the SB) the Patriots still be lauded as the Best Team ever.

Haha you halted the chain lol coz you didn't FACT OR FICTION after answering my Brady question :D

Fiction beacuse of any number of reasons... Still 4 teams in it for one, another is that because the two teams know what the others strength is they will be looking to reduce the impact of the two QB... Have a sneaking suspicion it will be a defensive player whoever gets there IF it is the Pats v Pack

FOF
Dallas will regret keeping Garrett, let alone raising him to assistant head coach (Many blame him for the playoff loss)

Fact! Mail it in. (Garrett dancing in Atlanta this week... Read About it!! :eek: Just another ridiculous deal, ain't no doubt about it)

FOF: New England should have an astrix against their season and all records broken because they are convicted cheats and had an unfair advantage?!!

Fiction: no need to cheat this season, just too good.

FOF? Belichick will retire/quit if Pats win the SB

Fiction: no need to cheat this season, just too good.

FOF? Belichick will retire/quit if Pats win the SB

haha... yeah so is Bonds... he would have hit those homers anyway ;)

Belichick... na, the ego will continue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fiction: Too good to be true. #21 for Packers is THE MAN!! :p ;) :thumbsu:

FOF: Having won 16-0 in the regular season, (if not winning the SB) the Patriots still be lauded as the Best Team ever.
Depends who you are talking to... I say fiction because, although you can say it is one of the best seasons ever even if they don't take the SB (Best ever with it) I don't think they are the best TEAM.Too much dependence on one player... Without him they wouldn't even be a playoff threat... We saw that their D can be threatened easily by teams which you wouldn't say have great Os (Ravens and Giants) and although the D was half of what won 3 SBs, they are now old and just not great.... They have great stats because of the immense pressure the O puts on the other team.. THe other team virtually HAS to throw, and when they can't do that consistently, thats when they have a problem.

The 85 Bears were simply something else...

FOF
Ravens second choice in Harbaugh will prove to have a positive impact, improving Baltimore's record next year and offence.

FOF
Ravens second choice in Harbaugh will prove to have a positive impact, improving Baltimore's record next year and offence.

Fact: They couldn't get any worse. The players clearly stopped playing for the outgoing coaching staff....althouhg much depends on how Ray Lewis accepts Harbaugh.

Fact of Ficton: GB's HC McCarthy is only as good as Brett Favre and will struggle without the ol' gunslinger under centre.

Fact of Ficton: GB's HC McCarthy is only as good as Brett Favre and will struggle without the ol' gunslinger under centre.

In a lot of ways it is fact that GreenBay and McCarthy are riding Favre's coat-tails. But also, not entirely either. However, imo, with Favre retired I think the Packers come back to the NFC North fold, more like 9-7 or 10-6 at their best. Whether Rodgers or someone else, the new QB will take some years to 'fill' the lofty position of "Green Bay QB".

Fact or Fiction: The Giants successful season is a testament to Coughlan being right and Barber being wrong?

In a lot of ways it is fact that GreenBay and McCarthy are riding Favre's coat-tails. But also, not entirely either. However, imo, with Favre retired I think the Packers come back to the NFC North fold, more like 9-7 or 10-6 at their best. Whether Rodgers or someone else, the new QB will take some years to 'fill' the lofty position of "Green Bay QB".

Fact or Fiction: The Giants successful season is a testament to Coughlan being right and Barber being wrong?
Hmmm, as your answer to Brash's FOF says... Fact for a lot of reasons... Coughie DID change his style from last year partly due to Tiki's and the rest of the teams criticism of his style, but he is largely the same as last year but softer on the players... WITH Tiki, the team would try to depend on him too much, and by the end of matches if the opponents D wasn't tired, he did become overly predictable... I was one of his biggest fan on field but with a good 1-2 tandem running O, we are doing great.... The RB's are different and talented in various ways... Although it was called back for holding, check out that Bradshaw run late in the fourth.. Still got around 3 tacklers... Jacobs had an okay game, but that difference in RB (pounder v athletic) really showed up when Bradshaw went for runs...

It doesn't really come with one being totally right and one totally wrong... It was a team effort ;)

FOF
IF Dungy had left as Colts HC, they would have had a bad season next year... (Pretty much asking how much you think Dungy is worth to a team as a coach)

FOF
IF Dungy had left as Colts HC, they would have had a bad season next year... (Pretty much asking how much you think Dungy is worth to a team as a coach)

Ficton: Too may pieces return next year to make such a big difference to this team....emergence of Divisional rivals will be a bigger threat to the Colts.

Fact or Ficton: Nothing less then a playoff appearance will save Mike Nolan's job.

Fact or Ficton: Nothing less then a playoff appearance will save Mike Nolan's job.

Probably Fact. An OLine to block for Gore and a QB with some ability (not sure Smith is the guy?) are what may save his job (ie at least a WC spot).

FOF: gg designs new logo's for the BFFFL that are considered too hot for the internet?

lol fact... Everything about gg is too hot for the internet :D

FOF???

Elway is overrated by the general football public based on one amazing Super Bowl which also happened to be his last game... (All of his other SB's sucked while riding a RB in one win, and only getting to the other because of everything else in the team)

Elway isn't overrated at all. He's definitely in my 'unofficial' top 3 Qbs of the modern era.
He was doing it all himself in those SB losses, and was up against some almighty teams like the Niners.

FOF: Was it a stroke of intelligence or insanity for Snyder to fire Saunders and Williams (right after extending his contract another 3 years)? Is there someting about Jim Zorn that makes it a devilishly great hire?

Pffft does it amtter... That team won't do shit until they stop trying to buy Super Bowls :)

Oh well, for the sake of it.. (Even though you ask whether it was fact or fiction that it was genuis or insanity.... Think about it ;))

It was a sign of subtle intelligence IMHO... The Gibbs era was done and had to be flushed out... Neither Williams NOR Saunders were HC material or very good.... They got rid of them because they can do better, not because Snyder is a wack-job :p

Nothing special about Zorn... YET... But which HC's really come in as 'devilishly great hires' (Most are either good or will stay the same) but there is time to prove himself...

FOF
Brett Favre to put down his career this off season....

EDIT - BTW who rounds out the top three gg?

Marino #1 for sure.
Favre #2 debatable.
Elway #3.
Montana #4 but could push higher, much higher.

I say unofficial because I'm cooking up that QB statistical comparison system, one day soon I will unfurl it on Big Footy, and in that sense then I will have more conviction in where each QB ranks exactly.
But I can't imagine Marino slipping from #1, but Favre could push him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Other Fact or Fiction

Remove this Banner Ad

Back