Other Fact or Fiction

Remove this Banner Ad

B

Any possible way you can admit that being surrounded but such greatness has made Bradshaw look better? Is it true? Anyone else agree? He was pressured more by aggressive defenders though... Different days back then ;) He has more y/a than the likes of Elway, has good rushing yards per carry...

MY FOF above uselion's post if interested...

Dallas was the Doomsday defense....

Don't think there is any doubt Bradshaw flourished ebcause of the team and system he was on, but he was a commanding figure in those days, even if he couldn't spell cat if you spotted him the c and the a.....But that doesn't diminish where he fits in the pantheon of all time greats- in many ways, it can be argued that Bradshaw was responsible for the SB wins- although the D gets a lot of credit, as do his offensive mates.....

As i noted in my post, three possible HOF inclusions from the Steeler defense- I'd agree with you that greenwood should be at the top. There won't be anyone else from offense inducted, iMO....

OK, back to your poser....

FOF
'Mailing it in' late in the season is more detrimental to a team than being forced to play outthe regular season...

Yeah screw that question, alraedy asked it...

FOF
The role of 'scrambling QB' will never amount to anything more than a novelty act in comparison to passing QBs...

Fiction: Being able to scramble is already a highly thought of quality to possess for any QB today. With many teams struggling with OL protection, and unable to fix it with a draft pick or two, then scrambling QBs are still going to be in vogue. More, like the UFC where all the individual skills blended into a uniform requirement, I think scrambling will just be another aspect of a QB. I wont say it'll be dominant, but really what is a scrambling QB? Someone who can get outside the pocket and throw - not necessarily run. Also, rollouts and bootlegs are other devices akin to 'scrambling'. But the Raiders drafted a first round scrambling and running QB back in the 60's. So like anything in football, ideas, skills, schemes, they never really disappear, and new and old ideas just become a fabric of ongoing modern football.

FOF: Whenever Favre retires, Rodgers will get traded away in order to bring in a fresh new drafted QB at the time?

Fiction: Being able to scramble is already a highly thought of quality to possess for any QB today. With many teams struggling with OL protection, and unable to fix it with a draft pick or two, then scrambling QBs are still going to be in vogue. More, like the UFC where all the individual skills blended into a uniform requirement, I think scrambling will just be another aspect of a QB. I wont say it'll be dominant, but really what is a scrambling QB? Someone who can get outside the pocket and throw - not necessarily run. Also, rollouts and bootlegs are other devices akin to 'scrambling'. But the Raiders drafted a first round scrambling and running QB back in the 60's. So like anything in football, ideas, skills, schemes, they never really disappear, and new and old ideas just become a fabric of ongoing modern football.

FOF: Whenever Favre retires, Rodgers will get traded away in order to bring in a fresh new drafted QB at the time?

Fiction if Favre retires this year.....

Now, gg- interesting comments on QBs who can move- will this be taken into account with your QB ratings? If it is, Dan "Statue" Marino ranks up there with Bernie "Cement Feet" Kosar.....

FoF- The Fish will draft Matt Ryan with the first overall pick.

Fiction if Favre retires this year.....

Now, gg- interesting comments on QBs who can move- will this be taken into account with your QB ratings? If it is, Dan "Statue" Marino ranks up there with Bernie "Cement Feet" Kosar.....

FoF- The Fish will draft Matt Ryan with the first overall pick.

I'm willing to wager fact if favre retires this year, that they'll go after someone like Flacco.

But the statue didnt need wheels!

Fiction: The fish have already got a deal in place with Dallas (rumored to have been arranged as part of the Dallas handing Miami their assistant coaches). Dallas gives them their two first round picks (which totals about 1500 pts) and will give Barber as being worth 1500 pts in order to reach the 3000 pts that the #1 pick is worth. Miami will accept that 1500 evaluation of Barber (they could contest it but wouldn't). In return the Cowboys receive a 3rd round pick for any value left over. With the #1 overall they will draft McFadden.

FOF: Superbowl XLIII (tampa) or Superbowl XLIV (miami) or Superbowl XLV (dallas) will be the first time a team gets to play the superbowl at their home field?

Fiction: So Cowboys give up Barber and 2 1sts (plus lose Jones to FA) for Mcfadden? Lose 2 RB's and 2 1sts for 1RB is what we are saying? Is this a good idea? I don't think so, Barber is going to be a stud I reckon.

Fiction: So Cowboys give up Barber and 2 1sts (plus lose Jones to FA) for Mcfadden? Lose 2 RB's and 2 1sts for 1RB is what we are saying? Is this a good idea? I don't think so, Barber is going to be a stud I reckon.

I dunno! It's a rumor that seems (keyword) to be what's going down. Dallas get a 3rd round pick as well, btw.

But imo Chris Long would make the obvious for Miami.

We'll see!

Oi, where's your FOF answer to my question and your own FOF??

Sorry I used the word scramble gg... I really meant the Vick type, where running is the first threat, and passing is an acceptable loss... Most necessarily a out of pocket passing QB but a QB who is always looking to run run as much as another reciever...

Sorry I used the word scramble gg... I really meant the Vick type, where running is the first threat, and passing is an acceptable loss... Most necessarily a out of pocket passing QB but a QB who is always looking to run run as much as another reciever...

Then in that case.....Fact.
QBs pass the ball. So there's no such way a predominantly running QB would ever be anything but a freak show.

ok ok ok....

FOF

Because of what was on the line, was Super Bowl XLII a bigger upset than the Jets over the Colts in 68
(Perfection... The pats were favoured by 12, Colts 17 but Colts werent being touted as the best team ever... And this isn't a gloat I am just wondering where people think this upset sits on the spectrum...)

Elway isn't overrated at all. He's definitely in my 'unofficial' top 3 Qbs of the modern era.
He was doing it all himself in those SB losses, and was up against some almighty teams like the Niners.

FOF: Was it a stroke of intelligence or insanity for Snyder to fire Saunders and Williams (right after extending his contract another 3 years)? Is there someting about Jim Zorn that makes it a devilishly great hire?
Well he must be confident to knock Zorn up to HC... Maybe you have something here...

Fact: Teams who have secured playoff spots will continue to play hard even to the last game for the next 10 years.

Teams who played hard until the end:

New England - Superbowl
Giants - Superbowl

Teams who didn't:

Colts: Got bodied.
Dallas: Got bodied.

Fact: Teams who have secured playoff spots will continue to play hard even to the last game for the next 10 years.

Teams who played hard until the end:

New England - Superbowl
Giants - Superbowl

Teams who didn't:

Colts: Got bodied.
Dallas: Got bodied.

1. hey zarko, not bad of me there to highlight zorn!

Fiction: I still think teams will rest stars when needed, especially when you have like a key player who is 80% healthy for a week 17 clash, but if you give him another week's rest he will be 100% healthy for the WC round of playoffs. I think it was great that the Pats/Giants both played hard all year -- especially the Giants, because the Pats were just chasing history, but the Giants deliberately played their stars and played hard IN ORDER to be better prepared for the playoffs. So it's kinda also FACT that we'll find other teams now who will copy that strategy. If it again has success, then we might find everyone starts doing it.....until one year when a star $100M QB gets injured in a meaningless week 17 game against a 3-13 team.

FOF: Spygate will blow the lid further on the Pats and cause further penalties like Belichick suspended for a year, Pats championships stripped, etc.....or.....nothing will happen, just more cover-ups and boardroom handshakes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Following the Skins theme,
FOF
The Skins will win SB XLIII following the Giants success just as they did in the 87 season and 91 season.

I'd say fiction simply on Campbell's development. He still needs to get some big game experience before you could be confident that he could push through it all in one run.

Re: Fact or Fiction - Off season Blues

Fact... Although it could very easily be fiction with the number of teams I at least expect to be on the rise in Norleans, Vikes etc

FOF
Clemens to start as Jets QB even if he is beaten in the various camps by Pennington...

Fact... Although it could very easily be fiction with the number of teams I at least expect to be on the rise in Norleans, Vikes etc

FOF
Clemens to start as Jets QB even if he is beaten in the various camps by Pennington...

Fiction... it depends on how badly beaten. If he shows he is nowhere near being NFL ready, he wont start. That simple.

FOF- Tom Brady will again lead the NFL in TDs thrown.

Fiction . . . Drew Bress will.

FOF - have the Saints found another Colston in Adrian Arrington?

This might help you make up your mind. :)

[youtube]rYRcmYDwFo4[/youtube]

Fiction . . . Drew Bress will.

No... the point of the game is to judge whether the statement is fact or fiction, not to create a piece of fiction loosely tying in. :p

FOF - have the Saints found another Colston in Adrian Arrington?

This might help you make up your mind. :)

[youtube]rYRcmYDwFo4[/youtube]

Fiction. Cant see him doing anywhere near what Colston did.

FOF- The Jaguars will win the AFC South this year.

I'll chip in and answer it then... Fiction: NO, 999 yards! :p Raiders to be ONE dimensional.

FOF: Cleveland Browns to Win AFC North ? :eek:

Looking at it... Fiction. They are still a poor team defensively, and even though they performed offensively last year, I think their team will give up too many points. Defense wins (Cue comment about 17-14 scoreline against the most potent offense of all time :D)

Also looking at their schedule last year, it was fairly weak. They put up a TONNE of points, but if you are still losing that is saying something. Rather than the draw the worst NFC division in football this year, they are up against the best in the BEast. The Pitt Stop should hold onto the North for one more year.

FOF
On topic, Seattle dethroned in the West this year... (I find myself repeating this in preseason :p)

Remove this Banner Ad

Other Fact or Fiction

Remove this Banner Ad

Back