Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a definite shift in Fagan's approach over last 2 weeks. I saw him chatting to Fletcher then n there when he came off for his rotation which I've usually never seen him do from the sidelines. He's pushing hard to unlock that cohesion again this season. Fingers crossed for Fages.
To me ,and this is just imo , we're playing like a team that knows it should be doing better but just can't find the energy and cohesion to get to the level we want to be at.

There's a hangover from last year that's been hard to shake .

To me ,and this is just imo , we're playing like a team that knows it should be doing better but just can't find the energy and cohesion to get to the level we want to be at.

There's a hangover from last year that's been hard to shake .
To be honest, last week, I actually thought we saw the Lions of last year.
Just doing what we had to do to win.
We have never really been a team to blow others away.
Just do what was required on any given day.

To be honest, last week, I actually thought we saw the Lions of last year.
Just doing what we had to do to win.
We have never really been a team to blow others away.
Just do what was required on any given day.

We're a funny team aren't we. I just hope we don't go into any game as favourites (edit: like this week, classic example).

The harder the challenge the better as far as I'm concerned for this team now.

The injuries at the start of the year might turn out to be a blessing, this year & moreso long term.

Short but sweet, Coleman has proved such an important player for us. His drive off half back was more crucial then we realize and it's taken some time for other to step up in his absence.
Took about a week when we moved Zorko back. I love Coleman but Zorko is much better than Coleman playing off the HB. I don’t think defence was really ever an issue it’s been our forward line form and fwd/mid synergy. Still not there and still have mental lapses but it’s coming along well. It will be a shame if we miss finals as I think our current footy is finals team worthy. Let’s hope we continue to improve and get some wins.

2cdv6d.gif

Stuey Dew is the best one day a week coach in the league. Change my mind.
Who really knows if and whatever his input has been has changed anything, but either way I hope we make that a permanent appointment next year. Will be nice having another guy with that much experience in and around the group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

playing never tear us apart over the loudspeakers at training may have been a coaching masterstroke
Port's next opponent will play the whole INXS Kick album from beginning to end, plus Michael Hutchence's oft forgotten side project, Max Q.

playing never tear us apart over the loudspeakers at training may have been a coaching masterstroke

What I've always wondered is who exactly is trying to tear Port supporters apart and why?

They are welcome to each other as far as I'm concerned.

They're all hypocrites anyway.

The way they carry on about poor old Ken, I'll bet most of them would tear him apart if they had the chance.

What I've always wondered is who exactly is trying to tear Port supporters apart and why?

They are welcome to each other as far as I'm concerned.

They're all hypocrites anyway.

The way they carry on about poor old Ken, I'll bet most of them would tear him apart if they had the chance.
Doesn’t every team have 11 part threads on sacking the coach??

He's that good - his aura is enough.

Or maybe the players are offended by needing a goal coach and are demonstrating they are enough.

either way, we win.
Stewey's actually the best football brain out of anyone in the game who's not a senior coach. IMO.

So it's a step in the right direction to get him on board and hopefully in a larger way ( no pun intended) in 2025.

Stewey's actually the best football brain out of anyone in the game who's not a senior coach. IMO.

So it's a step in the right direction to get him on board and hopefully in a larger way ( no pun intended) in 2025.

In tribute and support we are bringing packets of snake lollies to all remaining home games this year.

They go well with beer right?

Good to hear that - what is your background knowledge on Dew having such a "football brain"...I know he was really highly regarded as an Assistant at the Swans.

Good to hear that - what is your background knowledge on Dew having such a "football brain"...I know he was really highly regarded as an Assistant at the Swans.

I questioned this as well. Like is it a full game day match ball sherrin sized brain? I find it doubtful too as it wouldn’t fit in his skull.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back