Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

Generally when you think our defence plays poorly it’s actually up the ground. Starce has no hope on a player like Pickett if nothing is going on in the midfield. Thought he was good as well.

Or if kozzy pings Harris for holding the ball or Joyce handballs to nobody then Lester knocks it straight to kozzy

That was a deft tap to Kozzy, big O take note

Yeah, we haven’t missed Darcy Gardiner in the forward line at all.

He would have been handy as a defender though.

I didn't think Joyce was as bad as some are saying last night but Darcy would be have been clearly a better option

He would have been handy as a defender though.

I didn't think Joyce was as bad as some are saying last night but Darcy would be have been clearly a better option
Absolutely. He’s hard at it and he plays mean, niggardly football. Fit, he’s a good back up for Lester and would be in the side rather than Joyce, if Payne is not available.

Out of interest I had a look at our win/loss percentage since we came good in 2019.

We are 85-35-1 in the H&A season.
We are 5-6 in finals.

So all up 90-41-1 since the start of the 2019 season, a winning percentage of 68.2%.
Pity we were running at about 20% for the 2 years prior.

Out of interest I had a look at our win/loss percentage since we came good in 2019.

We are 85-35-1 in the H&A season.
We are 5-6 in finals.

So all up 90-41-1 since the start of the 2019 season, a winning percentage of 68.2%.
Fages also coached his 100th win for the club against Melbourne out of 177 for a 56.78% record.

Take out those first two years when he was building us up and it’s a pretty insane record.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back