Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

Port and Sydney want to hire Stewey Dew as an assistant coach according to 9 News Adelaide tonight.

Port Adelaide is making a move to lure former premiership star Stuart Dew back to Alberton in a coaching role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He probably will go to Port, if for no other reason he’ll probably be their senior coach in ~12 months time. Unless of course there’s an arrangement here to take over from Fages in the next couple of years.

He probably will go to Port, if for no other reason he’ll probably be their senior coach in ~12 months time. Unless of course there’s an arrangement here to take over from Fages in the next couple of years.
Isn't their next coach Josh Carr?

Coach under crazy Hinkley or under the premiership grandpa in a state you want to live.

Hard choice.
IMO Dew would be better to stay at the Lions and apply for senior roles rather being an assistant at another club.

Way less likely to get the gig if he’s already in the building. It doesn’t happen often that the caretaker gets the gig.

He'd be mad to take a coaching gig with Port. They eat their own with duplicitous glee.

The only reason they got their 1 flag was thanks to the AFL's rule re: MCG finals, and THE FOOTY GODS demanded a sacrifice in return.....the 2007 GF.

I tender as evidence of this the team who inflicted those defeats (vs us in 2004 and vs Port in 2007.....coincidence? I THINK NOT :D )

No no no, stay away from Alberton if you wish to achieve anything of note in your career Stuart.

This is Elixuh’s 9/11

If this comes to fruition I think it’s time for me to learn the lyrics to never tear us apart and develop a hatred for Ken Hinkley

Considering how long Kenny and Longmire have been in their respective jobs whoever gets the 2IC role at those clubs is virtually being given the tap on the shoulder that you're next.

That's my reading of it. Not convinced either club will be contending next year.

Considering how long Kenny and Longmire have been in their respective jobs whoever gets the 2IC role at those clubs is virtually being given the tap on the shoulder that you're next.

That's my reading of it. Not convinced either club will be contending next year.

For Longmire I agree but for Hinkley I don’t. I think Port needs fresh faces a fresh ideas so hiring within the club is not the best option for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

Back