Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

+ Suns have equal dibs at our AFLW team too.
Our key forward whose leading AFLW goal kicking right now is a direct donation from Suns.

I think the Taylor Smith trade probably highlights the differences between the Lions and Suns to some degree. She was very much a raw undeveloped product when we got her but the potential was there once she grew into her frame. It seemed like the Suns weren’t prepared to wait and see her develop slowly, rather because she couldn’t deliver then and there, she got moved on for cheap. Now she is a two time premiership player and still probably not at her peak.

It might be part of the pressure the Suns feel to be seen to make tough decisions to show they mean business like a serious footy club. At a time they could have used Lyons the most, they gave him away, similar with Ah Chee who has just played a starring role in a premiership winning finals campaign. In contrast the Lions kept Lester because they recognised his value in a number of ways. It turned out he hadn’t yet reached his peak as a player and now, he has a premiership medal. I doubt he would have lasted long at Gold Coast.

I'm still debating chucking up a jovial thread about some of the takes this season. I'm thinking I'll remove the poster's names and won't link to the posts if I do make it...
So I've got about 25 pages of quotes from this thread for that project. Will need to edit down and I'm debating diving into the gameday/review threads as well.

I'm also banning all of you from the following terms for the next season: plan B, tactics and Chris Scott.

We’ve got a position vacant for Stuart Dew if he wants it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to hear Fages say he didn’t really think we could win it until 2023. Obviously the club knew we still had some development left in us before being genuine contenders. Funny to think about when you consider how many thought we were past our window post Covid

Most of us are footy fans who have NFI.
Well I am anyway

So I've got about 25 pages of quotes from this thread for that project. Will need to edit down and I'm debating diving into the gameday/review threads as well.

I'm also banning all of you from the following terms for the next season: plan B, tactics and Chris Scott.
I'm slightly scared of what I may have said along the way. But also excited for this project just to see how bad we all were

Ralph Wiggum Danger GIF

So for us nuffies who don't know much about Murray Davis - What should we expect?

Was a real whipping boy as a backline coach due to those years seeing us have the top attack and middling defence. Moved to the forwardline role last year and instantly our forwards became so much more engaged defensively which helped the team defence as a whole. Now is liked here, will be sad to see him go but such is life.

Will Chris Scott have a plan B tactic in the upcoming 2025 season now that Clayton Oliver and Bailey Smith are going to be his plan B in the midfield? Intriguing?

(let's overwhelm ZoBlitz with all the banned terms haha)

So for us nuffies who don't know much about Murray Davis - What should we expect?

Feel free to go through the link.

He has worked across our defense and forwards, been a pretty good and supporting coach for Fagan overall. He understands our system very well and will be a great addition to your ranks.

Feel free to go through the link.

He has worked across our defense and forwards, been a pretty good and supporting coach for Fagan overall. He understands our system very well and will be a great addition to your ranks.

Cheers, will have a read.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

Back