Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

Bill Gates Swag GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all seriousness, could this be the Fagan succession plan starting to take shape?

Look I hope Flagan stays coach forever but he isn’t a young man and Tassie will come calling with an open chequebook.

In all seriousness, could this be the Fagan succession plan starting to take shape?

Look I hope Flagan stays coach forever but he isn’t a young man and Tassie will come calling with an open chequebook.

Yep, I feel succession plan is in place now.

AFL tapping Fages to be part of Tassie team in some capacity is a no brainer. Especially now that he's a premiership coach too. Fagan may not be keen to do the frontline head coach for Tassie but I'm sure he'd be awesome in an ambassador / footy boss type role to oversee everything. Reminds me of Sheedy to GWS.

Definitely succession plan. And if it is, I would be happy about it. He's someone I would be very happy to take over Fagan when he eventually retires. Not to mention the year Fagan has had, It wouldn't surprise me if he was looking at what is next in his life as well.

Not saying it won't end up a succession plan, but I think it's as simple as Stewy fell back in love with footy at the Lions and is all in at the club.

Yeah who knows if he even wants to be senior coach let alone be the best candidate when Fagan finishes

You'd hope there would be a lot of interest if our senior coaching role became available

Yep, I feel succession plan is in place now.

AFL tapping Fages to be part of Tassie team in some capacity is a no brainer. Especially now that he's a premiership coach too. Fagan may not be keen to do the frontline head coach for Tassie but I'm sure he'd be awesome in an ambassador / footy boss type role to oversee everything. Reminds me of Sheedy to GWS.

You look at our young list. Let's assume Fagan does decide to go to Tasmania, at that stage, there will be a lot of players entering their prime. So it is prime opportunity to inherit a premiership contending list.

Don’t count Jed Adcock out either. Doing an apprenticeship under Clarkson at the moment

I have no real idea about how good Dew was as a senior coach given that the Suns gig was a poisoned chalice for him. There seemed to be background noise about his man-management at the Suns when JL came to us. I do know that he was an incredibly highly regarded Assistant Coach at the Swans and was highly sought after at the time of his appointment to the Suns and once again appears to be highly sought after now as an Assistant Coach.
For those in the know, why is there so much love on the board for him as a successor to Fages?

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

Back