Lose a preliminary final: 80 points

Miss finals 5 years in a row: 80 points

Win a wooden spoon: 80 points

10 years without a flag: 100 points every 10th anniversary

Best 22 player leaves: 10 points

Major club scandal or AFL sanctions imposed: 100 points

Win a premiership: minus 200 points

Club yet to win a premiership: 300 points, wiped when 1st flag is won

Because misery is felt by living people, I think any misery index should only account for the last 80 years, roughly the average life span.

JackFlash and The 747 , how many points would cats accumilate if it was cats between 1964-2006?

Im curious.... I posted something about cats drought of 1963-2007.

Imagine if you did the points system from 1964-2006 with the cats.

The 747 and JackFlash and Xtreme , help me out please

Wouldnt be worse than the Saints? Cats made the GF in 1989 (26 years).

Saints went from 1966 to 1997 (31 years) without a GF appearance.

In my experience, Carlton supporters are the most miserable of all clubs.

If we had a delusion index, Richmond would come out on top, comfortably.

Things Fadge believes:

• Collingwood, St Kilda, and Western Bulldogs from the circa 2010 era would have all smashed all Richmond 2017-20 teams.
  • By extension, Richmond's 2010 runner-up wooden spoon team was roughly as good as Richmond's dynasty team :tearsofjoy:
  • Scott Pendlebury's finals record is only an absolute fraction below Dustin Martin's finals record
  • Collingwood's 3rd most successful of their last 3 captains, Scott Pendlebury, was such a great leader that his leadership elevates him above Dustin Martin as a footballer
  • Out of Collingwood and Richmond, Collingwood have been the better club to follow since 1966, despite the fact Richmond have won exactly 4 times as many Grand Finals in that time.
  • Fadge watching some games once on his retro Panasonic TV allows him to judge all footballers definitively, whereas teams of people who watch every match in full, recording every recordable action, and assigning objective values to those actions, re-winding and watching again to double check if there is any doubt, are in no position to judge players. And of course....

- "Richmond" are deluded.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Things Fadge believes:

• Collingwood, St Kilda, and Western Bulldogs from the circa 2010 era would have all smashed all Richmond 2017-20 teams.
  • By extension, Richmond's 2010 runner-up wooden spoon team was roughly as good as Richmond's dynasty team :tearsofjoy:
  • Scott Pendlebury's finals record is only an absolute fraction below Dustin Martin's finals record
  • Collingwood's 3rd most successful of their last 3 captains, Scott Pendlebury, was such a great leader that his leadership elevates him above Dustin Martin as a footballer
  • Out of Collingwood and Richmond, Collingwood have been the better club to follow since 1966, despite the fact Richmond have won exactly 4 times as many Grand Finals in that time.
  • Fadge watching some games once on his retro Panasonic TV allows him to judge all footballers definitively, whereas teams people who watch every match in full, recording every recordable action, and assigning objective values to those actions, re-winding and watching again to double check if there is any doubt, are in no position to judge players. And of course....

- "Richmond" are deluded.

giphy.gif
So you think Richmond too?

So you think Richmond too?

Oh and who could ever forget the following classic:

- Fadge claiming he wore a Richmond jumper to the 2017 Grand Final proves he can be trusted for unbiased commentary on all matters Richmond.

It's Fagic. There have even been songs about it:

[Chorus]
Oh, ho, ho, it's fagic, you know
Never believe it's not so
It's fagic, you know

- Fadge claiming he wore a Richmond jumper to the 2017 Grand Final proves he can be trusted for unbiased commentary on all matters Richmond.

[Chorus]
It's fagic, you know
My missus is a Crows supporter so I was barracking for you guys like a nuffie in 2017 also

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, you have to be added to the index. You've never made finals, that hurts more than losing finals.

I think the same thing with losing a GF. Losing in a close match is still better than getting flogged or not making it.

Yes I don’t get this losing a GF worse than not being there nonsense. If you follow a team year in year out, you’d at least get to see your team win lots of games by getting to a GF.

Unless youre just a casual who watches the big games, I can’t see how losing a GF is worse than, say failing to make the 8 for a decade.

Number of seasons since 1999 with percentage well below 80%
These teams no flag either
Carlton 6
Dockers 4
North 4
Saints 4
Adelaide 1

These teams poor seasons offset by premierships
Melbourne 6
Lions 4
Bulldogs 3
tigers 3
Essendon 2
Eagles 2
Hawthorn 1
Power 1
Collingwood 0
Geelong 0

Last edited:

[Chorus]
It's fagic, you know
It’s a kind of fagic…

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Fan misery index by team supported

Remove this Banner Ad

Back