FanFooty Fanplanner 2009 (v2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the No Passengers members had a go at this back in October. I'm sure the whole thread will be moved across in due time, but for now I thought I'd post here what I wrote.
I don't see Hodge preducing Shaw like numbers if he gets tagged out he will usually score you 60 and half the time beats the tag anyway. But yes he does have a bad habit of missing games. The thing thats really making me stand up and take notice is that in his one whole year of playing back he averaged 100-102, not sure but I think it could happen again? Thoughts?

Well he just had surgery on his shoulder which stuffs up alot of pre season. If he's underdone expect some lower scores early on, like goddard last year and pick him up a bit cheaper 6 or 7 rounds in when he's cherry.

I remember losing McLean rd 1 in 2007 and Lucas rd 1 2008 so i'm hedging by bets. See them all as 80+ though. Would you have expected Mattner to be a keeper last year averaging 79.3 or Gram 77.7?

Gees 16 maybe 17 sounds great, but how good are your "keepers". At this stage i have 13 keepers.

We all would like to have 16 keepers at the start of the season and while it does sound a little crazy, it is possible.

There is actually a team that you could have started with, which required NO trades and would have beaten the Convicts last year.

It just goes to show you that your starting team is HIGHLY important.

I made a quick team and I counted a possible 15 keepers. Like another poster said, at the start of last year would you have thought that Mattner was a keeper?

It is important to find where the value is and then attempt to maximise the amount of keepers in your initial lineup.

EDIT: Actually all things considered, I would call my two backup ruckmen keepers, so that is 17 potential keepers.

We all would like to have 16 keepers at the start of the season and while it does sound a little crazy, it is possible.

depends how you define "keepers"

There is actually a team that you could have started with, which required NO trades and would have beaten the Convicts last year.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

it just goes to show you that your starting team is HIGHLY important.

absolutely.

I made a quick team and I counted a possible 15 keepers. Like another poster said, at the start of last year would you have thought that Mattner was a keeper?

It is important to find where the value is and then attempt to maximise the amount of keepers in your initial lineup.

That's what it is all about. But yeah at the moment i only have 13 keepers. Would be interesting to see these "15,16,17 keepers" to find out how many of them others deem are keepers.

Mattner is one i think could well be a keeper again this year.

Having as many premiums in your starting line-up is the general rule, but lets not get too caught up with that. I know Stormer, who's on BF regularly, started with a lot of potential keepers going a little away from the true keeper status and as them 50/50's came off, all he had to do was top up them players and he was away and racing. Finished top 5 IIRC.

im just wondering but im pretty sure he won't be but will micheal doughty be a back next year

also can you give me what you think your top 5 replacements for ellis would be
cheers

Im still looking at picking Ellis however it could be a mistake as he could go down in price early, also would like to minimise my risk's early on in season.

May have to pocket at a bit more for his replacement without looking will give some options.

Waters
Ibbotson
Buckley
Ladson
or a Newman, Birchall, Shaw as an expensive option if you have the money.

Malceski and Drummond are also obvious options but we know the risk involved with these players, you may aswell pick Ellis instead of these 2 from start IMO.

Im still looking at picking Ellis however it could be a mistake as he could go down in price early, also would like to minimise my risk's early on in season.

May have to pocket at a bit more for his replacement without looking will give some options.

Waters
Ibbotson
Buckley
Ladson

Malceski and Drummond are also obvious options but we know the risk involved with these players, you may aswell pick Ellis instead of these 2 from start IMO.

I'd class Buckley as an 'expensive option'. I think people are looking at him as 'cheap' because he is a less established player.

Waters
Ibbotson
Buckley
Ladson

Or you could fork out a tiny bit of cash and get someone like Birch/Gram/Mattner/Waite/Newman who present much less risk and still a little bit of upside.

Or you could fork out a tiny bit of cash and get someone like Birch/Gram/Mattner/Waite/Newman who present much less risk and still a little bit of upside.

I quite like birch/gram out of those (newmans great too though). I think gram didnt improve much next year DTwise, but will be ready to up his average to probably keeper status if he gets more midfield time. Birchal has never put a foot wrong and i think we can expect to average mid 80s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think gram didnt improve much next year DTwise, but will be ready to up his average to probably keeper status if he gets more midfield time.

This is where the term keeper is such a fluid term, I actually thought Gram was a keeper last year. Playing in the backs, only missing two games in the last 3 years and averaging around 78 point per game. I would take that from a backline player year in year out.

He may not be the Bowden and Cornes styled big scorer, but he durable and scores decently for a backman.

A keeper is someone your going to keep !!

I know it sounds dumb but thats it

If Ibbotson is selected in your starting side this year and you arnt expecting to trade him out unless of injury than hes a keeper.

If Hunter is selected at the start of the year but you think you might upgrade him to a quality player who has lossed price than he isnt classified as a keeper.

Its simple

A keeper is someone your going to keep !!

I know it sounds dumb but that's it

If Ibbotson is selected in your starting side this year and you arnt expecting to trade him out unless of injury than hes a keeper.

If Hunter is selected at the start of the year but you think you might upgrade him to a quality player who has lossed price than he isnt classified as a keeper.

Its simple

Absolutely. Makes it easy to have 22 keepers though. Make no trades and you had your starting team perfect :) 22 keepers :)

I guess it depends on how things play out. But also, how you rate a keeper personally.
I mean, do you count Scott Lucas as a keeper?
Career average of roughly 80, with it being 90 in 05-06-07

What about Beau Waters? If he can get his average back to 80, he's a keeper too right?

Haselby averaging 80- Would that could as a keeper? or do you expect more from your mids?

In my team, in a best case senario, I count 17 keepers. But if things don't pan out- Worst case: 10, with a buttload of sideways trading to underperforming guns.

But that comes back to strategy and the structure of your team.
And not picking the Ricky Dysons. :)

I think 12-14 is a decent number. Putting in 17 keepers @ 380k each would leave you with about 100k left per player for 13 players (and obviously having averages of 380k isn't ideal).

I think 12-14 is a decent number. Putting in 17 keepers @ 380k each would leave you with about 100k left per player for 13 players (and obviously having averages of 380k isn't ideal).

That's an awfully closed minded way of thinking though.

The backman you purchase for 250/300k. If he gets his average up to 75, is he a keeper? even as the 6th or 7th backman?

The 380k guy who ups his average by 10 from last year- is that ideal?

The 450k guy who holds his average from last year while his salary drops to 400k. Is that ideal?

Certainly interesting points raised. The players that i am classing as keepers in my 13 aren't just because i will keep them (baring injury) till the end. I expect them to be premiums for their position (top x for their position where x is the number of players in that position. e.g. top 7 defender, top 6 mid, top 2 ruck or top 7 forward).

That's an awfully closed minded way of thinking though.

The backman you purchase for 250/300k. If he gets his average up to 75, is he a keeper? even as the 6th or 7th backman?

The 380k guy who ups his average by 10 from last year- is that ideal?

The 450k guy who holds his average from last year while his salary drops to 400k. Is that ideal?

Yeah, I know. Just pointing out that the more keepers you try to fit in, the cheaper those players will have to be on average.

What do you think

Cornes
Burgoyne
waters
Drummond
Malceski
Raines
Hurn

(Suban + Kite)

Judd
Kerr
Adcock
Cousins
Haselby
Rich

(Foster + Coughlan)

Fraser
Ottens

(Currie + Vickery)

Chapman
Brown
Gia
Porps
A. Davey
Yarran
Gumbelton

(Rusling + Ballantyne)

Strong team hey....Bit risky starting Rich i know.....

Thought about putting Hentchell in but too injury prone IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back