FanFooty Fanplanner 2009 (v2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh not a bad team! One thing I would suggest is staying away from Swan early on. IIRC he is having a limited preseason due to surgery (on shoulder?) and personally id prefer someone whos got a whole pre-season behind them as your gun MF who is probably captain choice too. So maybe downgrade him to someone to sure up your backline.

I like raines for some reason, i think he could be a be a great pickup. Solid team...

EDIT:

Just some thoughts on rucks, you might have researched into jolly and seen something extra(i know he's very durable), but i think maybe finding 50k and upgrade to simmonds/hille would prove very worthwhile in making it a lock and leave situation.

Been working on my team for a little while and here is what i have come up with.

Backs - Goddard, Newman, Birchall, Gilbee, Mcphee, Pettard, Brown. ( x2 91K )

Mids - Stanton, Chornes, Lewis, Haselby, Cousins, Coughland. ( x2 91K )

Rucks - Ottens, Fraser. ( x2 91K )

Fowards - Pavlich, O'Keefe, Llynch, Cloke, Higgins, Lucas, Gumbleton. (x2 91K)

I think that i have a good range of players and not starting any rookies is a big thing for me. I hope that stanton becomes a realy elite DT'er and steps up to become a captain option. Chornes is value and i don't think he will be a back so i got him in the mids.

Few injury risks in there but thats were i see the value.

What do you lads think ?

:thumbsu:
Been working on my team for a little while and here is what i have come up with.

I think that i have a good range of players and not starting any rookies is a big thing for me. I hope that stanton becomes a realy elite DT'er and steps up to become a captain option. Chornes is value and i don't think he will be a back so i got him in the mids.

Few injury risks in there but thats were i see the value.

What do you lads think ?
For me i rate Coughlan and Gumby rookies. i like the concept of this team but I personally don't think players such as Gilbee, Mcphee and to a lesser extent Birch are the players you want as they probably won't be keepers, mind you they do have good durability! Do you think Cornes won't be a mid? Like the midfield and the option of going with the cheap keeper in Lewis, possibly one too many keepers for what the norm team is which i think could be an advantage. The forward line has many potential keepers and i like how you've gone with a diverse crop of players who may be on the verge of a break out year! For me Coughlan is too risky to start but thats just my gut feeling. Lynch i see as a credible pick but he could backfire, watch where he plays nab before deciding! Maybe go brown to grimes as i think theres more scoring potential there, (i feel your just trying to make up the numbers) but then again you might no something i don't! Good work mate and keep choosing those unique picks!:thumbsu:;)

I think thats a pretty good start, i'd see more value in Gibbs than Stanton but your obviously a bomber fan. McPhee looks underpriced going on prevoius years, where is he going to slot in. If he's on the HBF i'd say a big yes. Brown looks like he could be a gun but have some reliable bench players if he hurts his knee. Will Gumby start? Ballantine, Yarran, Rusling and Walker are other options. Your on the right track i reckon.

enright
fisher
birchall
goddard
shaw
rance
grimes
x 2 91 granders

bartel
corey
lewis
hazelby
cousins
coughlan
anthony
davenport

simmonds
ottens
currie
tippet

pavlich
Stevy J
giansiracusa
lucas
hentschel
ballyntine
yarran
rusling
walker

to me the forwards represent good value for rookies with alot expected to play come round 1. could probably add heynes and sidebottom in somewhere

enright
fisher
birchall
goddard
shaw
rance
grimes
x 2 91 granders

With both of these teams, there isn't a whole lot of money being invested in the lower end of the backs. Players like Rance, Grimes, Petterd and Brown all look to hold real value if they get a game every week, but the problem lies in the fact that the four of them have played about 20 games between them, and none have a spot that you could definitively say is theirs. With that in mind, I think the benches of these backlines will have to be a lot stronger than 2 x 91k'ers (unless some strong candidates make themselves known in the pre-season). Matthew Egan would have been a perfect back-up had he been fit, but his absence has made me steer clear of this set up.

Other than that I really liked both teams; Ryder's was structurally very similar to mine (except for the backs), and S_O7's is an example of a straight out keeper-rookie type set up (though I was surprise Daniel Rich didn't make the cut). I noted that Ryder's backline looks very "SuperCoachey". Not necessarily a good thing or a bad thing, I just thought it was interesting.

With both of these teams, there isn't a whole lot of money being invested in the lower end of the backs. Players like Rance, Grimes, Petterd and Brown all look to hold real value if they get a game every week, but the problem lies in the fact that the four of them have played about 20 games between them, and none have a spot that you could definitively say is theirs. With that in mind, I think the benches of these backlines will have to be a lot stronger than 2 x 91k'ers (unless some strong candidates make themselves known in the pre-season). Matthew Egan would have been a perfect back-up had he been fit, but his absence has made me steer clear of this set up.

Other than that I really liked both teams; Ryder's was structurally very similar to mine (except for the backs), and S_O7's is an example of a straight out keeper-rookie type set up (though I was surprise Daniel Rich didn't make the cut). I noted that Ryder's backline looks very "SuperCoachey". Not necessarily a good thing or a bad thing, I just thought it was interesting.

i dont like rich. ive seen a few wafl games and he is very soft. dosnt like to get dirty and dosnt work hard when the balls going the other way. barely seen him make a tackle as well. i think anyone could get as many kicks as him in a team such as subiaco who dominate at this level

Well it is a rainy Saturday and I'm bored so I thought I would throw my latest team up for criticism:

Backs - Hodge, S.Fisher, Chornes, B.Jones, Raines, Urquhart, Grimes, Rance, Suban

Centres - Swan, Deledio, Kornes, Haselby, H.Hartlett, Rich, Coughlan, Sidebottom

Rucks - Hille, Petrie, Vickery, McEvoy

Forwards - Pavlich, Giansiracusa, Porplyzia, Veszpremi, Higgins, Yarran, Ziebell, Ballantyne, N.Jetta

Feel free to rip it to shreds. :D

Well it is a rainy Saturday and I'm bored so I thought I would throw my latest team up for criticism:

Backs - Hodge, S.Fisher, Chornes, B.Jones, Raines, Urquhart, Grimes, Rance, Suban

Centres - Swan, Deledio, Kornes, Haselby, H.Hartlett, Rich, Coughlan, Sidebottom

Forwards - Pavlich, Giansiracusa, Porplyzia, Veszpremi, Higgins, Yarran, Ziebell, Ballantyne, N.Jetta

A few points to make:

1) This is not a criticism, just my curiosity. I've seen Brett Jones in a few teams (mainly last year) and I just can't understand it. Am I missing something? Does he have the potential to score big?

2) I think you could be a bit light on in the backs. I think it could be a struggle to get two of Grimes, Raines, Suban and Rance playing each week. On top of that, what happens if Hodge goes and gets himself suspended for a week? You're likely to be looking at a couple of donuts straight away.

3) Is Deledio, Kornes and Swan overkill? There is always a lot of value in the cheap mids and you don't want to miss out. Perhaps you could look at freeing up some cash for your backline by downgrading one of Swan/Kornes/Lids.

4) I've said this a fair bit already but Petrie probably wont be able to reproduce his numbers this year. He played ruck this year because HMac was injured. With H returning and Hansen to be moved forward expect to see Petrie playing CHB. Probably not great for his DT although he still a safe bet because of his durability.

5) I like the setup but with Vezpi, Higgins, Yarren and Ziebell all starting you might want to look at getting someone with a bit more durability than Porps. People forget that Porps has been plagued by injury his entire career, not just 2008. There is certainly merit in picking him because he is underpriced for his scoring potential but I think he is not suited to your particular forward line (high risk).

Other than those few things I really like the side and the structure, even if it is a bit risky:thumbsu:

OK, don't normally but pretty quiet so I'll quickly critique.

Nice at the top end but I'd be worried about 7 first or second year players on the field and 7 more on the bench. Maybe less premiums and more safety at the bottom. Questions over Hartlett playing early but pre-season will tell.

A few points to make:

1) This is not a criticism, just my curiosity. I've seen Brett Jones in a few teams (mainly last year) and I just can't understand it. Am I missing something? Does he have the potential to score big?

Did happen quite a lot last year. Perhaps people were getting swept up in some BigFooty hype. I don't see him playing anywhere other than the backline though, so his ceiling is probably somewhat low.

2) I think you could be a bit light on in the backs. I think it could be a struggle to get two of Grimes, Raines, Suban and Rance playing each week. On top of that, what happens if Hodge goes and gets himself suspended for a week? You're likely to be looking at a couple of donuts straight away.

I made a similar comment regarding some other plan teams earlier. Raines, being around the 250k mark, can pretty easily be substituted if he doesn't look like breaking into the Tigers' 22, as I think there's some good value around that price, so he shouldn't be too concerning. If you're going to start a rookie back, I suppose Grimes is the best place to start, and hopefully some other candidates appear in the coming months.

Hodge is a bit expensive for my liking, but I don't think his tribunal record should be too concerning (that attitude is a little defeatist IMO).

3) Is Deledio, Kornes and Swan overkill? There is always a lot of value in the cheap mids and you don't want to miss out. Perhaps you could look at freeing up some cash for your backline by downgrading one of Swan/Kornes/Lids.

I don't mind this. It still leaves 5 spots to gain a fair amount of money in the middle, and he has left himself with some good options whilst already starting with what I would consider 3 of the top 6-7 midfielders. His backline might be weaker than the average BigFooty one, but his mids (and captaincy options) will be much stronger, so it evens out.

4) I've said this a fair bit already but Petrie probably wont be able to reproduce his numbers this year. He played ruck this year because HMac was injured. With H returning and Hansen to be moved forward expect to see Petrie playing CHB. Probably not great for his DT although he still a safe bet because of his durability.

Agree with this, I don't personally see Drew having a whole lot of DT value for next season (my interest in Hansen is peaking though :D).

5) I like the setup but with Vezpi, Higgins, Yarren and Ziebell all starting you might want to look at getting someone with a bit more durability than Porps. People forget that Porps has been plagued by injury his entire career, not just 2008. There is certainly merit in picking him because he is underpriced for his scoring potential but I think he is not suited to your particular forward line (high risk).

I think there is enough depth in the forward rookies to justify taking risks in this position. I'd be perfectly willing to take on one of Chapman/Porps/Lucas, because despite the risks involved, they represent value for money and the back ups should be able to cover them if need be.

My own concerns about RT's team would stem from starting 5 rookies and only fitting in 11 keepers. Mind you, the ones that he has chosen, perhaps with the exception of Petrie, will certainly hold him in good stead.

I kinda like this rough one I've done up. What you guys think?

Backs

Hodge
Ibbotson
Ellis
Malceski
Stiller
Everitt
Petterd

Suban
Grimes

Centres

Judd
Priddis
Boak
Knights
Cousins
Rich

Coughlan
Sidebottom

Rucks

Cox
McIntosh

Vickery
McKernan

Forwards

J.Brown
Goodes
Lucas
Porplyzia
Higgins
Al.Davey
Yarran

Simpson
Ziebell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I kinda like this rough one I've done up. What you guys think?

Backs

Hodge
Ibbotson
Ellis
Malceski
Stiller
Everitt
Petterd

Suban
Grimes

Centres

Judd
Priddis
Boak
Knights
Cousins
Rich

Coughlan
Sidebottom

Rucks

Cox
McIntosh

Vickery
McKernan

Forwards

J.Brown
Goodes
Lucas
Porplyzia
Higgins
Al.Davey
Yarran

Simpson
Ziebell

how much $ do u have left over?
i wouldnt get brown early on, traditionally starts slow
you really really need to inject some money into those lower backs
not a bad midfield, but do you really need priddis boak and judd? i would say downgrade 1/2 and upgrade those weaker backmen
also IIRC ellis is injured and will be on a modified program up til round 1, or something like that i cant really remember?

Hodge is a bit expensive for my liking, but I don't think his tribunal record should be too concerning (that attitude is a little defeatist IMO).

Agreed, it wasn't really the point I was getting at though. My point was should one of Fisher/Hodge/Cornes get injured (highly likely that between the three they will miss a game every now and then) on top of your rookies not getting games that could well be his season gone right there. The backline rookies are traditionally very weak and I see this year as being no different. This year Peckin Away (last years winner) went with a similar looking backline to RT (dangerous initials to have around here:p).

Chad Cornes, Joel Bowden, Heath Shaw, Brett Jones, Martin Mattner, Adam Hartlett, Jake Edwards, Scott D. Thompson, Albert Proud.

Obviously he was extremely unlucky but it just reminds us of how our rookie 'locks' in March can go so horribly wrong (Proud and SDT in particular). Obviously he was screwed the moment those rookies didn't get games but on top of that Bowden,Shaw,Bones and Cornes all went down with injury. Like you said, this is a little 'defeatist' but I'm just trying to illustrate how risky starting backline rookies is (obviously the on field injuries could have happened to any player, not just a defenfer).

I don't mind this. It still leaves 5 spots to gain a fair amount of money in the middle, and he has left himself with some good options whilst already starting with what I would consider 3 of the top 6-7 midfielders. His backline might be weaker than the average BigFooty one, but his mids (and captaincy options) will be much stronger, so it evens out.

If he were to take out Swan his captaincy average wouldn't decrease all that much. IMO two premium mids is enough for captaincy, but going against the generic BF team could pay off, just doesn't seem likely. By downgrading Swan to a value mid he can gain a lot more stability in his backline which IMO is far more important than a third captaincy option.

Agree with this, I don't personally see Drew having a whole lot of DT value for next season (my interest in Hansen is peaking though :D).

Same:D But I must resist taking too many North players, need to keep telling myself we produce crap DT numbers:mad: I brought Lachie into my side this year after his first game (even though everybody was saying 'stay away from him! Laidley!') and his DT numbers in the forward line were far better than in defence.

I think there is enough depth in the forward rookies to justify taking risks in this position. I'd be perfectly willing to take on one of Chapman/Porps/Lucas, because despite the risks involved, they represent value for money and the back ups should be able to cover them if need be.

I just think starting two rookies, one fringe player (arguable) and two injury prone players could be a bit too risky.

Thoughts in red.

:thumbsu:
For me i rate Coughlan and Gumby rookies.

You rate a Jack Dyer medallist who is 26(played around 80-90 games IIRC) a rookie?

Maybe you are just labelling him as a rookie because of his price. Or do you just mean he is as risky as a rookie because of risks involved with picking him i.e injury/adapting to AFL (again) (etc)?

Gumbleton has only played 5 games so yeah i would consider him a rookie too.

heres my team
fisher
birchall
cornes
goddard
myers
grimes
m.brown wc

k.cornes
tuck
cross
gibbs
coughlan
rich

cox
mcintosh

giansiracusa
o'keeffe
higgins
veszpremi
davis
ballantyne
yarran

hurley
strauss
dangerfield
swift
currie
j.tippett
ziebell
walker

I actually clicked on this thread by accident, but while I'm here:

Keepers bolded

Backs:
Mackie
Goddard
Chornes
Walker
Birchall (Note: I have some information which may be public knowledge but I haven't seen anywhere that leads me to believe that Birchall will average 85-90. If you disagree, for the purposes of dissecting my team pretend he is Bock or someone like that)
Malceski

Petterd
Grimes
Suban/Rance/Ashley Smith

Kornes
Gibbs
Cousins

Haselby (barring injury, one but not both of him and Cousins will be a keeper for me. Not sure which one at this stage though)
Rich
Coughlan
Dangerfield if at minimum price which I think he will be, if not then Foster
Sidebottom/Swift/Robinson/Davenport

Cox
Ottens

Currie
Orreal

Pavlich
Chapman/SJ (Undecided, Chapman has a higher ceiling but Johnson's more durable)
Bate

Lucas
Higgins (the better scorer out of him and Lucas may become a keeper if I'm hit hard by injuries)
Yarran
Ziebell (Rusling if Ziebell's not a forward)
Two of Ballantyne/Heyne/Daniel or Rhys O'Keefe

Thoughts?

Here is my team im new to DT so feel free to comment my team

Backs: Newman, C.Cornes, Goddard, Malceski, Drummond, Pettard, Grimes (em) Lynch, Suban

Centre: J.Lewis, Swan, Gibbs, Haselby, Coughlan, Rich (em) Sidebottom, Dangerfeild

Rucks: Cox, Ottens (em) Currie, Vickery

Fowards: SJohnson, Pav, Q.Lynch, Lucas, Higgans, Veszpremi or A.davey, Yarran (em) Ballyntine, Gumbleton

50k left

Birchall (Note: I have some information which may be public knowledge but I haven't seen anywhere that leads me to believe that Birchall will average 85-90. If you disagree, for the purposes of dissecting my team pretend he is Bock or someone like that)

So you're saying he's a good option right? Sorry it's a bit confusing, what is your 'information'?

heres my team
fisher
birchall
cornes
goddard
myers
grimes
m.brown wc

k.cornes
tuck
cross
gibbs
coughlan
rich

cox
mcintosh

giansiracusa
o'keeffe
higgins
veszpremi
davis
ballantyne
yarran

hurley
strauss
dangerfield
swift
currie
j.tippett
ziebell
walker

Decent team. My two cents:

Wouldn't be starting M. Brown, especially in DT. Will probably produce numbers somewhat like his brother in his first full year.

I'd avoid Cross, because with West gone I can't see him being a premium again. Not 100% sold on Tuck either, but he could prove me wrong.

Forward line doesn't look great. If I was you I'd downgrade Cross to Cousins or Haselby and use that money to improve your forward line. Veszpremi's probably too expensive to be great value, I'd upgrade him.

Also, not a major issue but J. Tippett isn't guaranteed to be on an AFL list next year.

So you're saying he's a good option right? Sorry it's a bit confusing, what is your 'information'?

Would prefer not to reveal it, I want as few people taking him as possible. It's not anything major, just something I've noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back