Fantasy EPL - 18/19

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there's a huge case for Mane over Salah from what I've seen in the first 4 gameweeks. We aren't using Salah as much as we were last season and are certainly not relying on him as much. Mane is clearly the man most in-form of the front 3 right now and has looked the most dangerous from the first 4 games. The big difference so far is the goals comparison between the two. Salah will come good in that department but I'm not so sure he's worth the 13.0 right now, especially with the fixtures over the next few weeks, we have some really tough games coming up not only in the Prem but in other competitions as well.

Yeah it's almost worth spending that cash on Hazard who has the good fixtures instead, I'm just frustrated in myself that I've now twice chickened out on going with Mane over Salah (pre-season and then with my WC).

Salah has both the most expected goals and most expected assists of any player in the league. People panic because for 13.0 they want 10 point hauls but consistently scoring high single figures nearly every week which he has done is fine by me and he is still the most reliable captain choice.

Yeah it's almost worth spending that cash on Hazard who has the good fixtures instead, I'm just frustrated in myself that I've now twice chickened out on going with Mane over Salah (pre-season and then with my WC).
Going Mane over Salah also allows you to have Hazard and Mane. Midfielders are tough to pick right now and some popular choices aren't nailed on (Bernardo, Mkhi, Sterling, Mahrez, Sane, Pedro) so having both Mane and Hazard instead of Salah and one of the players I mentioned could gain you some points.

Salah has both the most expected goals and most expected assists of any player in the league. People panic because for 13.0 they want 10 point hauls but consistently scoring high single figures nearly every week which he has done is fine by me and he is still the most reliable captain choice.
I don't see how that really makes a difference. He is still scoring well but is already 12 points behind Mane.

I don't see how that really makes a difference. He is still scoring well but is already 12 points behind Mane.
It suggests he's been unlucky and the points will come. Expected goals/assists is one of the more reliable statistics. So long as that remains steady for him it'll be fine.

Mkhi dropping in popularity concerns me a bit though, might end up shifting him to mane in the next few days.

It shows he is getting and creating great chances, just not all are falling. He would bury that chance after the Schmeichel save 90 time out of 100 for example.

It suggests he's been unlucky and the points will come. Expected goals/assists is one of the more reliable statistics. So long as that remains steady for him it'll be fine.

Mkhi dropping in popularity concerns me a bit though, might end up shifting him to mane in the next few days.
Salah is still doing what he did last season - having multiple chances to score but fluffing his chances, this is nothing new. Like I said, he will come good in the goal-scoring part but will it happen over the next month against tough opposition? Mane is taking his chances and scoring better at the moment.

Mkhi I am ditching. If Emery runs with Auba and Laca I don't see him starting those games.

I need to work out a way to get Hazard into my side. The only way I can see it being possible is moving Salah which I really don't want to do. Think I'll hold firm this week and try and do something with 2 free transfers in GW6

Salah is still doing what he did last season - having multiple chances to score but fluffing his chances, this is nothing new. Like I said, he will come good in the goal-scoring part but will it happen over the next month against tough opposition? Mane is taking his chances and scoring better at the moment.

Mkhi I am ditching. If Emery runs with Auba and Laca I don't see him starting those games.
Liverpool did pretty well goal scoring wise against tough opponents last season so hopefully that happens again.

Aresnal played cardiff which is probably why laca and auba both started. Wouldn't count on it happening every week.

Surprisingly he actually outperformed his expected goals last year, scoring 30 compared to his
xg which was just under 27 which would say he was fairly clinical.

Salah at 13 makes you get shitty when he doesn't deliver but this is the first time out of 4 weeks which he hasn't. Mane has also delivered attacking returns 3 out of 4 weeks.

Liverpool did pretty well goal scoring wise against tough opponents last season so hopefully that happens again.

Aresnal played cardiff which is probably why laca and auba both started. Wouldn't count on it happening every week.
Emery seemed happy with Ozil too though so I think mkhi might struggle to get back in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Emery seemed happy with Ozil too though so I think mkhi might struggle to get back in.
Yeah, I can upgrade to Lucas but knowing my luck I will get burnt by mkhitaryan so I will probably save the trade but mkhi to mane is defs worth it.

Pretty happy with how my team is chugging along, a low of 52 over the first four weeks

Pickford

Digne - Alonso - Mendy - Robertson

Alli - Mane - Lucas - Schurrle

Aubameyang - Firmino

(Patricio - Ings - Guendouzi - Wan-Bissaka)

It definitely won't happen every week but they looked good with both of them starting and when it does happen Mkhi will more than likely make way.

Just read some interesting analysis of the Watford assets given their start. Who has Perreyra/Deeney/Holebas? Who's looking to get them? I'm probably holding off for now, the underlying numbers don't give me a whole heap of optimism that they'll be reliable scorers, but their fixtures do soften a little bit soon.

Just read some interesting analysis of the Watford assets given their start. Who has Perreyra/Deeney/Holebas? Who's looking to get them? I'm probably holding off for now, the underlying numbers don't give me a whole heap of optimism that they'll be reliable scorers, but their fixtures do soften a little bit soon.
Haven't got any of them due to their fixtures and because I'm not expecting this form to last

I'm not touching Deeney, never rated him in the PL in terms of fantasy.
Pereyra I'm unsure about. Had two good games and two blanks so far this season. Probably a no.
Holebas I'm most interested in and since I'm on a wildcard I might go with him with the other 3 big defenders. 1 goal, 4 assists and 6 bonus is outstanding for a defender, plus he's on set pieces so he's the best pick for mine.

I'm not touching Deeney, never rated him in the PL in terms of fantasy.
Pereyra I'm unsure about. Had two good games and two blanks so far this season. Probably a no.
Holebas I'm most interested in and since I'm on a wildcard I might go with him with the other 3 big defenders. 1 goal, 4 assists and 6 bonus is outstanding for a defender, plus he's on set pieces so he's the best pick for mine.

Funnily enough apparently Deeney's underlying stats are the most attractive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasy EPL - 18/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Back