Farewell Colby

Remove this Banner Ad

Wels Eicke said:
It was very emotional seeing him walk off the ground. As sad as it was, it was the highlight of a very gloomy day. I think the reaction of the other players showed the esteem he's held in down at the club. Not sure he'll hang around, as he has quite a few business interests, but it would be great to see him involved with the club in some capacity.

A class act on and off the field. Injuries have taken their toll, but he epitomises everything great about the Shinboner Spirit. Hopefully it won't be lost on the next generation! Happy retirement Leigh :thumbsu:
I was right near the race and 100% endorse everything you have said. It certainly bought a tear to the eye.

What a player he has been. A huge on field loss. Hard to believe he won't be going round next year.

Thanks Colby- for everything you've done for the club..

Like the champions of the past (Stevo, Kingy)- deserved so much better.

Only Spider has had a proper send off in recent years, and considering how many blokes we've seen leave our club, its a tragedy. All were from a successful era- and individually and collectively were champions.

Go Roos

Colby mate. A pity we could not send you off the way the club wanted to but thanks for the courage and spirit that typifies the Spirit.

One can only admire the fearlessness and the way you continually put your body on the line.

All the best in post footy...

This thread has me in tears. I can't see a picture of Colby without crying. Some may think it sounds silly but for me Colby was such an integral part of our side and our club. Oh Colby, Footy won't be the same without you. Broke my heart to see him have to walk of the ground like that. The first time I have ever cried at the retirement of a player. Someone who gave so much deserved a send off so much better. Thanks for the memories Colby, champion player, champion man.

My 4 year old son made him his favorite player on saturday afternoon, it was great to have a chat with him after training saturday, I asked him if he was retiring and he said he didn't know, I had a feeling then it might have been coming, but I still wasn't prepared. i am just truly devastated :(

dani77 said:
This thread has me in tears. I can't see a picture of Colby without crying. Some may think it sounds silly but for me Colby was such an integral part of our side and our club. Oh Colby, Footy won't be the same without you. Broke my heart to see him have to walk of the ground like that. The first time I have ever cried at the retirement of a player. Someone who gave so much deserved a send off so much better. Thanks for the memories Colby, champion player, champion man.

My 4 year old son made him his favorite player on saturday afternoon, it was great to have a chat with him after training saturday, I asked him if he was retiring and he said he didn't know, I had a feeling then it might have been coming, but I still wasn't prepared. i am just truly devastated :(

ditto.

Go Rooboys

Very very sad way to send off an absolutely fearless champion. Disgraceful!

Thanks Colby.............and all the best for a pain free future in whatever you do mate. You should be very proud of all you've acheived.

Thanks for the memories (apart from the pass you made to Leigh Tudor in the '94 Prelim of course) and for the inspirational legacy you'll leave behind for the future custodians of the Royal Blue and White vertical stripes.

There's no greater tribute than to be spoken of as the toughest player blokes like Arch and Carey have seen.

I hope you're able to stick around the club in some capacity but you've earnt the right to do whatever the hell you want.........we were so lucky you chose our great club!!

Thanks again champ.....

T'toes

Farewell Colby.
What a truly inspirational player he's been for North Melbourne. And what a terrific bloke he is, too. Always up for a chat at family days and brilliant with the kids. One of football's genuinely nice guys. I hope he stays at the club in some capacity. He will be sadly missed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When his body failed him he just kept going on heart and talent. Fantastic career unfortunately tinged with so much bad luck.

Congratulations and best wishes for life after footy Leigh.

Twinkletoes said:
Very very sad way to send off an absolutely fearless champion. Disgraceful!

Thanks Colby.............and all the best for a pain free future in whatever you do mate. You should be very proud of all you've acheived.

Thanks for the memories (apart from the pass you made to Leigh Tudor in the '94 Prelim of course) and for the inspirational legacy you'll leave behind for the future custodians of the Royal Blue and White vertical stripes.

There's no greater tribute than to be spoken of as the toughest player blokes like Arch and Carey have seen.

I hope you're able to stick around the club in some capacity but you've earnt the right to do whatever the hell you want.........we were so lucky you chose our great club!!

Thanks again champ.....

T'toes

Could not have said it better... one of the best leaders we have ever had at our club... Cheers Colby... enjoy life... :D :D

MicknArch said:
Farewell Colby.
What a truly inspirational player he's been for North Melbourne. And what a terrific bloke he is, too. Always up for a chat at family days and brilliant with the kids. One of football's genuinely nice guys. I hope he stays at the club in some capacity. He will be sadly missed.

Ditto

So long Colby. A wonderful player and a great guy. I sincerely hope you stay at the club in any capacity because the knowledge and wisdom you have and can impart on our young, very young players is invaluable.

XOXOXO

I hope the memory of him walking off the field burns in the gut of every single person involved in letting this football club down yesterday.

We love ya Colby. Not many blokes make such an impression in 6 years at a club. Hope he can stay involved in some capacity.

windsock said:
We love ya Colby. Not many blokes make such an impression in 6 years at a club. Hope he can stay involved in some capacity.

Always had a kick with the little kids after training - always. I agree with the earlier poster that it was a disgusting way for his fellow players to see him off - we made the softest team in the AFL look like hard cases.

On and off the field you are a true champion. Very emotional writing this, your the only North player who on retirement who has brought me to tears, such a courageous player, our "General" in defence, a wonderful person to talk to and someone who I respect immensely, thank you for the memories.

Thanks Leigh Colbert for the wonderful memories. You were one of the finest for the North Melbourne Football Club.

Wish you all the best for the future. Will miss your presence in the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Farewell Colby

Remove this Banner Ad

Back