Mega Thread Farewell our Champs - Boomer, Drew, Spud & NDS all gone at season's end

Remove this Banner Ad

Him leaving meant they could afford to pay for a handy mid from Adelaide.

I think you'll find Chris Scott's coaching record is none too shabby.

They were going to get Dangerfield in any case. Stevie J could have been accommodated alongside Dangerfield.

The Cats won the 2011 flag, not because of Chris Scott but because they had a magnificent group pf players, who needed little coaching direction because they knew how to get the job done. I'm not sure that his record is all that good given the team he inherited.

And then some, sooooo if we were a a Fortune 500 company we should divest our interest as our projected profit next year is in the red....

You pointed out how you kept older players and said North have erred in not doing so. Well, simple research would tell you we still have a core of experienced players, after these four. So your argument is baseless.

Plus, I re-iterate that following the St Kilda and Melbourne models is a surefire recipe for lack of success. No thanks.
How would you like North to rebuild their list?

Umm didn't we go into the draft each and every year and pick up young talented players, don't remember us paying draft picks for the oldies....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Our players are actually shit and did much better than we expected them to. We actually have no idea why we recruited Waite, Higgins & Dal Santo because we never expected the team would be good enough to reach a preliminary final, let alone a grand final. We are cutting four veterans because we now realise we did far better than we could have hoped for and still didn't reach the ultimate heights, so we're going to go and get more players who hopefully will make us good enough to get past a preliminary."

How would you like North to rebuild their list?

Well, I'd like to pick up a Jack Billings and a Paddy McCartin in the draft, or an Angus Brayshaw, a Jesse Hogan and a Christian Petracca.

But we haven't been shit enough to do this. Makes it harder for us, but we have to keep trying within these constraints. It certainly doesn't validate your theory of the Saints doing it properly relative to what our club did today.

Bye now.

Cause people love boomer and wanted him to go on and wonder why we shove a guy like boom who still has more to offer than a lot of our team...

It is a disgrace if he said that. He should have just STFU.

What he's saying is the list isn't good enough. Blindfreddie can see that. The list has overachieved. It has, it's not a tip 4 list.

They got to 2 prelim finals, wow.
U need superstars and all Australians contend and we are in scarce supply

Not sure why a bunch of Saints supporting flogs are clogging up this thread...
Not too sure that the club I support has anything to do with my opinion on this. I'd go as far as to say that judging by the comments here so far that most, like myself, are confused and disheartened by what's happened.

Its logical thinking from JB as we are pretty much conceding that this will be our last tilt at it. I'm surprised that we go all out and admit it but it may be a smart move. Its likely that GWS will dominate for the next 5yrs or so and our rebuild will HOPEFULLY coincide with their decline. I'd rather do this than promise finals every year like the Tiggies. I want to be competing at the top not just 'making' the 8.

I'm being very optimistic here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Farewell our Champs - Boomer, Drew, Spud & NDS all gone at season's end

Remove this Banner Ad

Back