News Farewell Scully, KMarshall, Narkle, FEvans, Clurey

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/1682316/port-adelaide-farewells-a-further-five

PORT ADELAIDE can confirm Quinton Narkle, Francis Evans, Tom Scully and Kyle Marshall have not been offered contracts for 2025.

In addition, contracted defender Tom Clurey has decided to seek other opportunities to extend his playing career.

Last edited:
Do we still pay Clurey if he's "seeking other opportunities"? Sounds like he's probably been offered to be picked up as a DFA elsewhere.

Opted out indicates otherwise IMO. He must have a contract somewhere. I maintain it's a bit insane how much we wrote him off, he was a pretty good key defender.

Im annoyed at the decision both Scully and Marshall are project players 3-4 years. Late picks like these two need time to develop.

I would be happy if the club delisted them next year if they showed the same progress or went backwards in terms of output.

McEntee very lucky to survive didn't feature in any of our finals
Agree with you re Scully however Marshall just didn’t seem to be very interested in playing for the 2’s.

Always had a soft spot for Tommy Clurey, so how does a Magpie B & F in 2024 gets shown the door about two weeks after award night?
Will Snelling and Jack Trengove were delisted the years they won the SANFL B n F too. The fact they've won that award normally means that you've spent the whole year in the SANFL, which spells trouble.

At least Hugh Jackson is hanging on.

I was hoping Scully would get another chance as he showed a bit as a second ruck.

Kyle Marshall was always a project but just didn't show enough development I guess. I thought he might get another year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opted out indicates otherwise IMO. He must have a contract somewhere. I maintain it's a bit insane how much we wrote him off, he was a pretty good key defender.
Yeah I could never understand when we we crying out for that tall defender we never played him, may be something else going on there, who knows.

If someone signs Clurey as a DFA, do we still have to pay out his full contract, or would we only pay the difference (if any) between what we owed him and what his new club is offering?

At least we have Rory Atkins though

Always had a soft spot for Tommy Clurey, so how does a Magpie B & F in 2024 gets shown the door about two weeks after award night?

A B&F at SANFL level is just that- it is a level below AFL. Tom has been a good solid defender at AFL level but his best days are gone. With likes of Aliir, Zerk Thatcher, Burton, Logan Evans, Williams and Ratugolea above him in the pecking order Tom was only ever going to be a depth player from here onwards.

Thanks Tom Clurey for 124 solid games, sorry to see you go.

Im annoyed at the decision both Scully and Marshall are project players 3-4 years. Late picks like these two need time to develop.

I would be happy if the club delisted them next year if they showed the same progress or went backwards in terms of output.

McEntee very lucky to survive didn't feature in any of our finals

I am disappointed that we didn't persevere with Scully but Kyle Marshall is no surprise. McEntee still has a year to go on contract whereas Marshall, Francis Evans, Narkle and Scully are out of contract. I suspect that these guys were not expecting a contract extension.

I am not surprised by any of these delistings as we need to make room for those traded in and whoever we pick up in the Draft.

If someone signs Clurey as a DFA, do we still have to pay out his full contract, or would we only pay the difference (if any) between what we owed him and what his new club is offering?

Given "[he] has decided to" you'd hope the new club has to take on all the $!

I think - if he doesn't get an offer we pay him out for next year (or re-rookie him??) anyway.

At least Hugh Jackson is hanging on.

I was hoping Scully would get another chance as he showed a bit as a second ruck.

Kyle Marshall was always a project but just didn't show enough development I guess. I thought he might get another year.

Yes, Hugh Jackson showed a bit until he was injured. Hopefully we see him on the park next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Farewell Scully, KMarshall, Narkle, FEvans, Clurey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back