News Fas Taking Time off for Depression

Remove this Banner Ad

Shocking news, sad too.

Hope he gets all the help he needs, and seriously doesn't rush back if he needs time off, so be it.

Football should be the least of his worries at the moment.

Hasn't looked to be enjoying himself much lately, I guess now we know why.
Hopes he rediscovers his love for life and footy and is back when he's ready

Last edited:
Good luck Faz. Doing the best thing possible now, take action rather than keep pushing deeper into the dark.

I hope he finds the good things again, in his own time and his own way, with the help he needs. Life is too short for this vale of crap.

Best of health.

Get well soon.

Hopefully Fasolo can beat the bastard and get back to playing good footy soon.

Club statement:

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2017-05-30/club-statement-alex-fasolo
Collingwood footballer Alex Fasolo will take what is expected to be a short break from playing as he manages the challenge of depression.

Fasolo, 24, will not play against Fremantle this weekend, but take time out in the interests of his health.

He will continue to train and prepare for football with the expectation of a swift return to playing.

It is requested that Fasolo’s privacy be respected.

The club will be making no further comment.

On one hand I'm sad that Fas has had to go through this in public.
On the other hand I'm kind of relieved that he's announced it because the public will now leave him alone to get better. And he can get the help he needs

Get well Fas

I'm very glad for him that he's recognised that he has an issue that requires help.

Good luck to you Fas, I hope you find peace of mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes you wonder if the extra negative attention he's received lately regarding his football attributed in any way? Maybe we should all take stock and give these guys a break.

It's a joke how much players cop it for daring to be confident in their own ability. Always liked him as a neutral, hope he makes a full recovery.

I have been Diagnosed with Depression in the Past(Still take Tablets). I know that it can take a Hold of Your Life.

Best Thing that he has come Forward and said he has got it. So he can get the Help he needs

This is one of the rare instances that I hope some players are curious and read the board. Seems like Fas could do with some support right now. On ya Fas, get well soon and come back and kick a bag. #princeofperth

Poor Fas. I have a soft spot for people suffering w' depression as I've had my time in a dark spot as well. Fas will be OK; the first step towards getting better is realising you need help.

It's nice that it no longer carries a stigma.

Very happy to read the messages of support; we might disagree about almost everything but the forum tribe bands together at times like this.

This area is something football has been good with in recent times.
Been great respect given to footballers with this invidious disease.
Hence we all learn from their experiences.
Whatever one thinks of Jeff Kennett in this area (Beyond Blue) he has been an exceptional warrior, advocate and educator.

Best of health to all suffering out there....

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

News Fas Taking Time off for Depression

Remove this Banner Ad

Back