News Fas Taking Time off for Depression

Remove this Banner Ad

Love Fas and it saddens me to learn he's suffering mentally at the moment.
Like everyone else I truly hope he can recover and get back to enjoying life and playing for the Pies.
I cannot believe this will be only a few weeks and he'll be good to go.
I know people first hand that have suffered depression including my better half.
It's a horrible thing to deal with and it can hang around for a lifetime.
Here's hoping Fas gets the help he needs and feels better quickly.

Makes me wonder whether the constant criticism / media attention is too much for some footballers... especially when they play for the pies. Fas's face has been on a lot of articles lately and it can't of helped what he's going through. Wishing the prince of Perth well!

Absolutely love the fact the club has kept him at training. His his football family will help get him through this. Side by Side!
Get well Fas hopefully you're back sooner rather than later.

Love Fas and it saddens me to learn he's suffering mentally at the moment.
Like everyone else I truly hope he can recover and get back to enjoying life and playing for the Pies.
I cannot believe this will be only a few weeks and he'll be good to go.
I know people first hand that have suffered depression including my better half.
It's a horrible thing to deal with and it can hang around for a lifetime.
Here's hoping Fas gets the help he needs and feels better quickly.
I don't think the club is trying to intimate that he's going to be fine in a few weeks, but often the best thing to do in dark times is what you love the most, and Fas certainly loves his footy, I don't think anyone would argue with that.

Hopefully he can get the right sort of help that allows him to get back to doing what he does best quickly, and enjoying it as much as he has previously.

Makes you wonder if the extra negative attention he's received lately regarding his football attributed in any way? Maybe we should all take stock and give these guys a break.
You would hope something like this is a stark reminder that the players are real people.

The strange belief that people think they can post whatever vile comments about players just because they are highly paid, it is a free world, the players should know not to read social media needs to change.

Best of luck to him. Depression and anxiety are tough. Get better buddy.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Having High Functioning Autism I can sure Understand Anxiety and having Depression would just make it worse

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately it's a all to common illness in our society and doesn't discriminate,most people have suffered or know someone that battles with depression.The black dog truly sux!
Hope you be seeing the sunshine again soon fas.

Best Wishes Fas...footy's only a game..Your health is King! Look forward to seeing you healthy and back in B&W when the time is wright.

It definitely wouldnt have helped... but i
hope his inaccuracy in front of goal this year wasn't a significant contributing factor in the shaping of his illness. Was playing good footy just not converting it so well. Hope he doesn't request a trade back to W. A. Would be a big loss

P. S - get better Fasman!

Very bummed out we won't be seeing the Prince of Perth kicking goals in the west this week but of course his mental health should always take precedence.

I am one of many who hasn't been shy to let my disappointment in his form in front of goal be known this year. Now it all makes sense and really puts it all into perspective. Hope he takes his time to get himself right, because we all know he's electric when up and about.

Makes you wonder if the extra negative attention he's received lately regarding his football attributed in any way? Maybe we should all take stock and give these guys a break.

Just a random moment that stuck with me ...

... during the Geelong game after he kicked a goal to the city end he made an agressive gesture towards the crowd. It was a very fleeting thing. The crowd in that area appeared to be all Collingwood supporters. Seemed a bit out of character.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Fas Taking Time off for Depression

Remove this Banner Ad

Back