Fave Games?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Centenary match against Geelong in 1996, under lights at the 'G on a Wednesday night if I recall. D. Bewick back from a knee reconstruction to kick 9 goals and win it off his own boot. Was one of the all time great ones.

The draw against Richmond in 1995 - the only time in my life I have witnessed a draw and been happy with the result.

Matty Lloyd's debut match, kicking a goal on his knees within a minute. Thank ya muther for the rabbits.

Originally posted by Tinker

Matty Lloyd's debut match, kicking a goal on his knees within a minute. Thank ya muther for the rabbits.

Soccer off the ground. Can i just say that after he kicked it i have gone " The next big thing call"....and some old bomber, who i still see, had a go at me..." He`s done nothing and you come out with that "........Trust me on that....Me and this bloke still laugh about it.

Originally posted by Tinker
The Centenary match against Geelong in 1996, under lights at the 'G on a Wednesday night if I recall. D. Bewick back from a knee reconstruction to kick 9 goals and win it off his own boot. Was one of the all time great ones.

The draw against Richmond in 1995 - the only time in my life I have witnessed a draw and been happy with the result.

Only blight on the Geelong game was Longy doing his knee it the most screwed up manner ever. Kicking for goal - I mean c'mon! what the hell had he done to deserve that???:mad:

I'd forgotten about Long's knee that night.

Still brilliant.

One of my favourite moments was in 97 when Caracella took a mark against the flight of the ball and smacked straight into a Geelong player. Any one else would have been concussed. Cara got up and took his kick and I believe established himself as a handy player in that game.

I miss Cara!!

BTW any game where er beat Carlton ranks highly with me!!

Fav Game??? Hell, i've been to a few doozies....

'92 v Melbourne... I think (don't quote me on this) we were 41 points down at 3/4 time, and G Lyon kicked a goal inside of a minute in the last 1/4... from there it was all red and black...with Gav kicking the winning goal as the final siren sounded...couldn't hear a bloody thing... good *****:D

'93 v Adelaide in the prelim final... 7 goals down at 1/2 time...Longy tearin' the Crows a new @rse in the middle, GOD putting us in front, and Tim sealing it... magic;)

'01 v Roos...Round 16... Yelled myself hoarse in the first 20 minutes...Roos first quarter - don't think they've played better footy since that time... Then "The Comeback"... if u have the dvd, listen to Gary Lyon on the 3AW commentary when JJ rips through the middle and bangs a goal through from 50 in the second quarter...*quote* "these guys are just the best ever"!
Amazingly, both Rob Walls and Lyon tipped us to win, even when we were about 8-9 goals down... the only way this game could've been any better is if it had been against Carlton... :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Fave Games?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back