Favorite Beers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Have only had Baltika #3 and #8, not #4. 8 is a wheat beer, quite good, but you can easily find better. #3 goes down pretty well, but again, money can be better spent elsewhere. Pint size bottles is handy.

For whoever was looking for Estrella, Dan Murphy's sells it. I hate the stuff personally, seem like a cheap European lager with a dirty taste. Spain isn't exactly known for beer though.

Peroni is fantastic for such a commercial beer, goes down brilliantly in the summer. And at $50 a slab, I regularly buy it during the warmer months.

Well said. It reminds me of Corona, which is an equally good summer beer. (corona must be had with lime btw!). It's not much chop if it isn't 1200 degrees outside.

Hmm... I drank plenty of beers over the weekend... About half a slab of Cascade Premium on Friday night, and a reasonable number of pints of Carlton while watching the Granny.

While this thread features some great discussion about some top class beers, let's all give it up for the simple pleasure of Carlton on tap while watching the footy on a drizzly day :thumbsu:

Definitely goes down easy, but not enough flavour/character for me.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. Used to buy some, I think, cheap Portuguese beer somewhere on Alexandra Pde. Was much like Peroni: unobjectionable but not memorable (IMO).

I had some Anchor Steam in SF and thought that was very drinkable. Have never spotted it over here, though.

Just tried a matilda bay "ALPHA ALE," it had quite a nice (fruity, but not too much) taste, followed by a large hop kick right at the end. I'd recommend to try a couple.:thumbsu:

Alpha Ale is a full on hop driven beast, not a sessional beer but one to be savoured.

Hmm... I drank plenty of beers over the weekend... About half a slab of Cascade Premium on Friday night, and a reasonable number of pints of Carlton while watching the Granny.

While this thread features some great discussion about some top class beers, let's all give it up for the simple pleasure of Carlton on tap while watching the footy on a drizzly day :thumbsu:

Carlton gives me headaches. Golden Ale on tap for the win. :D

I've got no problem with that idea - I generally like to support the smaller breweries too, but I'm talking about the simple pleasure of Carlton Draught on tap while watching the Grand Final... It's not the same if you're drinking microbrew!

I've got no problem with that idea - I generally like to support the smaller breweries too, but I'm talking about the simple pleasure of Carlton Draught on tap while watching the Grand Final... It's not the same if you're drinking microbrew!

I'm with you on that one Vinnie, Carlton on tap is great. Off-tap just ok, but on tap is a great beer.

Barefoot Radler anyone?

I had a few too many on Grand final day, but i'm pretty keen on them atm.

Barefoot Radler is easily the worst beer I have ever had. I bought a slab on sale (big mistake when I hadn't tried it before) and struggled to get through it - which is really bizarre for me. It's got a terrible sweet cordial taste - to me its just not beer!!! Totally put me off all fusion beers - even though i've had Millers Chill and others and thought they were ok (if not great).

Like I said, it gives me headaches. It's not bad, but I can't drink more than a pint or two without getting a headache. Too many preservatives I think is the issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barefoot Radler is easily the worst beer I have ever had. I bought a slab on sale (big mistake when I hadn't tried it before) and struggled to get through it - which is really bizarre for me. It's got a terrible sweet cordial taste - to me its just not beer!!! Totally put me off all fusion beers - even though i've had Millers Chill and others and thought they were ok (if not great).
I've said this before, but a beer with some kind of lemon and/or lime infused in it isn't a beer at all.

The first phrase that comes into any reasonable person's mind when drinking one of these abominations is "that's not a beer!".

I've said it before - The best way to describe these things is a "beer and lime flavoured breezer".

I've said this before, but a beer with some kind of lemon and/or lime infused in it isn't a beer at all.

The first phrase that comes into any reasonable person's mind when drinking one of these abominations is "that's not a beer!".

I've said it before - The best way to describe these things is a "beer and lime flavoured breezer".

Oh man! CUB brought out a carlton branded beer like this an it was vile. I'm still having nightmares.

On another beer related note, my brother got me a chili beer once. Was bottled with a chili inside it and WOWZER! Was it hot!

I couldn't even finish half of it and I have pretty high tolerance for hot food.

Chocolate beer was also only just so so.

Oh man! CUB brought out a carlton branded beer like this an it was vile. I'm still having nightmares.

On another beer related note, my brother got me a chili beer once. Was bottled with a chili inside it and WOWZER! Was it hot!

I couldn't even finish half of it and I have pretty high tolerance for hot food.

Hmm may have to investigate this chilli beer Pongo, sounds awesome!
Im a chilli freak and import sauces from the UK, i have one thats was in the guiness records for worlds hottest sauce and this shit even strips paint so yes ill look that one up i think.

Hmm may have to investigate this chilli beer Pongo, sounds awesome!
Im a chilli freak and import sauces from the UK, i have one thats was in the guiness records for worlds hottest sauce and this shit even strips paint so yes ill look that one up i think.

Haha awesome! I'd love to hear your take on it then. Man it was so disgustingly hot.

Nice, my kind of heat then! do u know where your bro got it?

He went to a beer tasting night with some mates and came back with a bunch of imported beers... I sampled them all quite extensively in one big session and woke up with a sore head.

I took the liberty of doing some googling for you. The brewery is 'Cave Creek' and it's Chili beer obviously.

This Victorian mob came up first in the google search:

http://www.averydawson.com.au/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=41&cat=Cave+Creek+Chili+Beer

Bugger risking talking this up too much only to disappoint... I found these comments too funny not to post:

296798134_76a9778bd7.jpg
spaceball.gif

In Dallas, there is an awesome grocery store called Central Market that has the best beer selection of any store I've ever been too. Not only do they have every import beer you could think of, like Carlsberg, but also some other, more different brews. This beer is Chili beer, which comes with its own chili pepper floating around in it. I wasn't the brave soul who bought and attempted to drink it, but did take a sip. It hurt.

The most awesome thing about it is that the bottle says "Beer with chili pepper added" in case you didn't notice the large green floating thing inside your beer.

tewdollars69 says:

I've had another brand of chili beer before and I'd enjoyed it.
Not too spicy.

However, the brand you pictured looks to use an enormous lot. I just went to their website - I think. Opening tagline "Lime is for wimps."

Too funny,

cormack13 says:

There was even a warning when it was bought. My friend picked it up and a person working at the store said: "Are you sure, have you had that before??"

Everything should have chilly in it.

In Florence, there's a little shop that makes a chocolate chilly gelato that made me week at the knees. Might be the single most surprisingly delicious thing I've ever tasted.

He went to a beer tasting night with some mates and came back with a bunch of imported beers... I sampled them all quite extensively in one big session and woke up with a sore head.

I took the liberty of doing some googling for you. The brewery is 'Cave Creek' and it's Chili beer obviously.

This Victorian mob came up first in the google search:

http://www.averydawson.com.au/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=41&cat=Cave+Creek+Chili+Beer

Bugger risking talking this up too much only to disappoint... I found these comments too funny not to post:

296798134_76a9778bd7.jpg
spaceball.gif

In Dallas, there is an awesome grocery store called Central Market that has the best beer selection of any store I've ever been too. Not only do they have every import beer you could think of, like Carlsberg, but also some other, more different brews. This beer is Chili beer, which comes with its own chili pepper floating around in it. I wasn't the brave soul who bought and attempted to drink it, but did take a sip. It hurt.

The most awesome thing about it is that the bottle says "Beer with chili pepper added" in case you didn't notice the large green floating thing inside your beer.

tewdollars69 says:

I've had another brand of chili beer before and I'd enjoyed it.
Not too spicy.

However, the brand you pictured looks to use an enormous lot. I just went to their website - I think. Opening tagline "Lime is for wimps."

Too funny,

cormack13 says:

There was even a warning when it was bought. My friend picked it up and a person working at the store said: "Are you sure, have you had that before??"
Thankyou so much mate. Im going to get some sent over and will update you on how i go with it, cant wait, should go well with some chilli con carne!

Everything should have chilly in it.

In Florence, there's a little shop that makes a chocolate chilly gelato that made me week at the knees. Might be the single most surprisingly delicious thing I've ever tasted.
Ah another heat officionado! me likey, go to chilliworld.com for the best sauces around especially the Mad Dog 357, pain in a bottle! great party novelty for hero mates lol.

Don't know if you like wine Axl but I tried a chilli wine in Merimbula which was pretty narlee :thumbsu:

Mind you this was about 5 years ago when I was 18 so i'm not sure if my pallet was that good for good alcohol back then but seem to remember it going down ok.

Don't know if you like wine Axl but I tried a chilli wine in Merimbula which was pretty narlee :thumbsu:

Mind you this was about 5 years ago when I was 18 so i'm not sure if my pallet was that good for good alcohol back then but seem to remember it going down ok.
Sorry mate dont touch the stuff, Went beserk on it at my Debutant Ball and lets just say there was some "unpleasantness"

My work was trying to flog a pallet of Estrella for $30 a slab about 6 months ago. We've since run out and I haven't seen any more come in.
I'm pretty sure the licence for it in Aus is exclusive to Coles, so try either Vintage Cellars, 1st Choice or Liquorland.

How do people rate Fat Yak?
Probs my new favourite beer, replacing Little Creatures Pale Ale.

love it norm, my new favourite
a bit pricey but worth it i reckon
me and the brother in law get stuck into and play rockband or guitar hero on wii until all hours, why the neighbour still talks to me has me stumped? keep the peace by mowing his front lawn for him

Remove this Banner Ad

Favorite Beers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back