Other Favorite Jerseys and General Uniform Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Pros and Cons for sure for all the various jersey options.

Elite ... game day top, mesh paneling in that odd Nike onfield design, stitched names, numbers, logos, badges, fabric sleeve designs sewn into sleeves. But it's very baggy (made for pads), very long, and the sleeves are very short it ruins the sleeve designs of teams. There are two types of Elite -- one with a very short sleeve, and one with hardly any sleeve (as lineman often wear). Also, very expensive to buy, like $200-300 USD.

Game....best version between on-field and lesser versions. Made to wear, not for pads. Mesh only down the sides which is nicer. Less long. Downside is heat-pressed silk screened numbers, names, sleeve designs. As mentioned before, a team with elaborate sleeve design makes the sleeves balloon out more as its wrapped around the sleeve. But silk-screen is more wearable and foldable than the Elite (stitched stuff all over the place, across the tummy and back). At least these modern heat-pressed types of silk-screened jerseys are much better than the older 80's and 90's ones where they would fade and peel away in the wash.

Legend...I like these because they are like AFL/NRL tops, the designs sublimated into the fabric, and they're not long, like a t-shirt, so you can wear it with jeans and not be loose and baggy over your crotch. The downside is...true, it's a cheaper look...eg, the collars aren't the proper thick collars, they're more soft and pliable like t-shirts.

Then you have all the old Mitchell and Ness types, which I hate, as they've got mesh all the way around the body and only the shoulders, side panels and sleeves a non-see-thru fabric, like the old days players wore.

There are some other versions around. Like Vapor Limited. Vapor Elite. and such. Vapor is my favorite to buy because the sleeves arent short, arent long or baggy/balloony, but a perfect length and the sleeve designs look really good on them, literally halfway down the sleeve. Whereas Game the designs are down to the bottom of the cuff of the sleeves and the sleeves are a bit longer. And they arent too short like the Elite where the design gets cut off halfway as you see with players on the field.

Some Vapor types have dri-fit tech, some have heat-pressed silk screened names/numbers/designs but logos and badges stitched, and some have all stitched names/numbers/logos. You really have to read the descriptions to make sure what various versions of jersey types you are buying.

My top two therefore are....Nike Game (good all-round) and Nike Legend (when you like a tighter t-shirt fit).

The 4 jersey options in order of price/quality are Legend, Game, Limited, Elite mate.
The Legend jerseys remind me of a cheap Bali knock-off.

I don't mind the Mitchell and Ness jerseys they aren't that far off the Limited Nike jersey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Other Favorite Jerseys and General Uniform Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back