Favourite Beer

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMFG I love you.

I generally have been sticking to 5 stable beers at the moment. The aforementioned Zywiec and Okocim, my favourite Polish beers, and then the Bohemians of Pilsner Urquell, Budweiser and Staropramen. I have also been to the breweries of Okocim, Pilsner Urquell in Plzen, and Staropramen in Prague. Awesome places.

Yea those beers all rule, I used to live in Warsaw and Prague and the cans and "stubbies" are all huge:thumbsu:

the worst beer i have ever tasted is Carlton Dry Fusion.
I went to a club one night and my mate told me to get it because you have to have one to get a photo with the chick from Big Brother with the nice fake ****.
I was finding it hard to finish one and then my new brother inlaw saw me drinking it and thought he would buy me a drink...I HAD TO DRINK 2 OF THE BASTARDS!!

the worst beer i have ever tasted is Carlton Dry Fusion.
I went to a club one night and my mate told me to get it because you have to have one to get a photo with the chick from Big Brother with the nice fake ****.
I was finding it hard to finish one and then my new brother inlaw saw me drinking it and thought he would buy me a drink...I HAD TO DRINK 2 OF THE BASTARDS!!

Cold Fusion? Did CUB come up with that in conjunction with Gillette?

Actually that's not a bad idea you know. The rare occasions I drink CUB products they usually leave me looking for the razor blades :thumbsdown:

Cold Fusion? Did CUB come up with that in conjunction with Gillette?

Actually that's not a bad idea you know. The rare occasions I drink CUB products they usually leave me looking for the razor blades :thumbsdown:
Nah its Fosters' answer to Miller Chill which is making Coca Cola millions (for some reason). Corona drinkers will lap this shit up, people with any taste will think its rubbish.

Been getting into the OETTINGER lately, which is widely available at Safeway and Dan Murphy's at around $30 a slab. Good shit too. Dan's recently had a special where you buy a slab for $30 and get a six pack free. I grabbed 10 slabs, so effectively paid for 8, but even at the standard price it's a steal for a very good drop.

Been getting into the OETTINGER lately, which is widely available at Safeway and Dan Murphy's at around $30 a slab. Good shit too. Dan's recently had a special where you buy a slab for $30 and get a six pack free. I grabbed 10 slabs, so effectively paid for 8, but even at the standard price it's a steal for a very good drop.
BWS had a 20% off beer sale the other week, so I got it at $25.60 before I swiped my Woolies card. $24.30 for a full strength imported beer that isn't shit like Amsterdam? Sensational :thumbsu:

Been getting into the OETTINGER lately,
Not a fan, talked to a german tourist about it, explained it as the stuff they use to wash clothes over there.
Hell when we wrote off a carton for taste testing, and there was 3-4 left over for me and a mate, i still didnt take them:thumbsdown:
Then again when my BWS had the 20% off, you cant go wrong at 25 dollar cartons

Young's Chocolate Stout.

First time in a while I've had a beer and gone "fwooooah". I'd just left the Fed Square Microbrews Showcase (3 Ravens Uber Black is the shit!), and missed a train, so off to Transport. The girl recommended the Young's, so I gave it a go, and without a doubt, there's a super distinct smooth chocolate taste.

So anyway, try it if you like your darks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

massive Hefeweizen fan, Erdinger, Fransiskaner, Wiestephaner, love em all. I'm thinking of driving from my place in london to belgium to get some Westvleteren this summer, just so I know I've tried one of the greats :)

Massive fan of:

ad_carlsberg.jpg

They're saying is true enough...

massive Hefeweizen fan, Erdinger, Fransiskaner, Wiestephaner, love em all. I'm thinking of driving from my place in london to belgium to get some Westvleteren this summer, just so I know I've tried one of the greats :)

Look forward to sitting in the car, queuing up to get a case of Westvleteren. Worth the drive, but have a designated driver and just sit in the cafe over the road from the abbey and try a few.

If you really want to have a go at a few amazing Belgians try the St Bernardus beers. Ever bit as good as Westvlet, if not better. They were trappist brewers, but as they brew outside the walls of the abbey, they were more or less stripped of using the title. Great beers, amazing history (some masterbrewers of high distinction involved with this place). Even their Witbier is a fine piece of craft, developed by the brewer who revived the Belgian wit, and gave the world Hoegaraaden, here is a chance to try the real thing, not the mass produced stuff. If you live in London you can get some from Quaffs in the Spittlefield Markets.

And for hefes get to Bavaria, in the middle of summer and find a nice beer garden and settle in. Nothing in life beats it.

It's probably the one beer that tastes better being brewed here under license, than the original. Now drinkable, but still not much chop, IMO.
Agreed, and that's saying something considering who makes it.

Overall, crap beer.

Young's Chocolate Stout.

First time in a while I've had a beer and gone "fwooooah". I'd just left the Fed Square Microbrews Showcase (3 Ravens Uber Black is the shit!), and missed a train, so off to Transport. The girl recommended the Young's, so I gave it a go, and without a doubt, there's a super distinct smooth chocolate taste.

So anyway, try it if you like your darks.

The Uber Black needs at least another 6 months in the bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back