Favourite Beer

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Look forward to sitting in the car, queuing up to get a case of Westvleteren. Worth the drive, but have a designated driver and just sit in the cafe over the road from the abbey and try a few.

If you really want to have a go at a few amazing Belgians try the St Bernardus beers. Ever bit as good as Westvlet, if not better. They were trappist brewers, but as they brew outside the walls of the abbey, they were more or less stripped of using the title. Great beers, amazing history (some masterbrewers of high distinction involved with this place). Even their Witbier is a fine piece of craft, developed by the brewer who revived the Belgian wit, and gave the world Hoegaraaden, here is a chance to try the real thing, not the mass produced stuff. If you live in London you can get some from Quaffs in the Spittlefield Markets.

And for hefes get to Bavaria, in the middle of summer and find a nice beer garden and settle in. Nothing in life beats it.
excellent, sounds like a trip to quaffs this weekend is in order. St bernadus sounds like something we could add to the itinerary when we hit belguim, cheers for the advice

as for the hefe's, well I've drunk fransiskaner in munich, it's the only beer they sell outside the tents at oktoberfest, because it's the local beer, good stuff :)

Look forward to sitting in the car, queuing up to get a case of Westvleteren. Worth the drive, but have a designated driver and just sit in the cafe over the road from the abbey and try a few.

If you really want to have a go at a few amazing Belgians try the St Bernardus beers.
What do you think of the Prior 8s? I'm no beer connoisseur and don't try too many of these strong beers but it was just OK for me. Probably just don't like the really alcoholic tasting ones.

If you like the JS Golden Ale (as anyone with taste in beer should;)), get a hold of the Jarrah Jacks Golden Ale - almost as good.

One to steer clear of - Baron's Lemon Myrtle Witbier. First two swigs tasted like beer flavoured lemon drink - it was just too overpowering. Down the sink it went, I couldn't finished it and just moved on to the Jarrah Jacks mentioned above.
Been drinking this for about 4 months now, in fact drinking one now:thumbsu:

Other than that, Boags Strongarm Bitter

What do you think of the Prior 8s? I'm no beer connoisseur and don't try too many of these strong beers but it was just OK for me. Probably just don't like the really alcoholic tasting ones.

St Bernardus Prior 8 is one of my favorite beers in the world. MMMMMM, so complex! :thumbsu:

The Abbot 12 isn't to shabby either :cool:

Coopers or Carlsberg generally. Love Beez Neez off the tap, doesn't seem to taste as good from bottle though.

As a regular, everyday before work drinking beer, Boags Draught. (I'm from Lonny originally, so I gerw up on the stuff.)

Boags Premium, Heineken (yes, boring I know, but an easy beer), Kronenburg.

Pure Blond isn't bad. Sure, it lacks a real beer taste, but like a pure blonde it goes down easy.

Pilsners take one or two to get accustomed to; not a fan of Guinness, but I do like the Kilkenny.

Worst beer in the world : Buckleys Best Bitter. Thankfully it doesn't seem to be widely available, so it takes a lot of bad luck in some Welsh port town to make that mistake

At the moment, if I am just at the local I'll just grab a hahn super dry, goes down well.

If you want to try something different, try Hoegaarden, I wouldn't sit there drinking it all night, but 1 or 2 and it tastes fine.

Millers Chill is good, drinking alot of that lately. Coopers Pale Ale is always a good drop.

I can't drink Heineken, taste shithouse to me. Corona always goes down well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the moment, if I am just at the local I'll just grab a hahn super dry, goes down well.

If you want to try something different, try Hoegaarden, I wouldn't sit there drinking it all night, but 1 or 2 and it tastes fine.

Millers Chill is good, drinking alot of that lately. Coopers Pale Ale is always a good drop.

I can't drink Heineken, taste shithouse to me. Corona always goes down well.

wtf.

What? just because I like something that tastes a bit different, who gives a shit. Goes down good, you either love it or hate it though, so I was expecting a reply like that.

Anyway, anyone tried the carlsberg Elephant? is 7.4% tastes pretty good considering. Most beer over 7% tastes like shit. Had a beer at the belguim bar in Brissy which was 12% and tasted terrible, still drank it though haha.

Asahi is good from the tap, and Sapporo is nice, comes in a 500ml silver can, if you see it, try it.

So really, you dont like beer so you pick the one that has the least beer taste?

Nothing to do with beer but I vote you avatar the best one on Big Footy Pheonix.

Asahi which is a bloody good drop

indeed it is, although the stuff imported to here (from Thailand) is a poor imitation of the stuff in Nippon.

James Squire Golden Ale is my preferred of the locals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back