Favourite Beer

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coopers Sparkling,Grolsch and James Squire Golden Ale.

If going cheap Carlton Draught and Vic still do the trick.

Hoegarden tastes like bubblegum and i cant drink more than 1-2.

Has anyone tried the Velkopopovický Kozel Premium? It's a Czech Lager and was recommended to me by a workmate. Currently have a bottle sitting in my fridge waiting to be consumed.

Has anyone tried the Velkopopovický Kozel Premium? It's a Czech Lager and was recommended to me by a workmate. Currently have a bottle sitting in my fridge waiting to be consumed.

Yeah. It's not bad. Though, there are several Czech lagers that are better, that are readily available here IMO - such as Budvar and Zlatopramen. Still, it's pretty good.

Local: Coopers Sparkling, Pale and Best Extra Stout & James Squires Golden Ale.

Micros: Mountain Goat Hightail Ale, Little Creatures Pale and anything by Redoak.

Imports: basically anything from Belgium, Germany, Czech Republic or the UK.

Life's too short to limit yourself to one favourite beer.

Yeah. It's not bad. Though, there are several Czech lagers that are better, that are readily available here IMO - such as Budvar and Zlatopramen. Still, it's pretty good.

bernie lomax said:
nice beer. Comes in a 500ml bottle as well. But as HF said, there are better ones.

Just enjoying this one now whilst watching the footy. Can confirm what I have heard, very nice beer. Have seen both Budvar and Zlatopramen so will give them a try also.

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cascade's 'First Harvest' is a mighty fine drop. Probably my all time favourite would be Boags 'Honey Porter'. These are both Limited Release beers though. I've found in recent times theres nothing quite like a good Rauchbier (Smoke Beer). 3 Ravens have just released one which I'm eager to have a go at, I've tried Redoaks Rauchbier and 2 German ones and all were delicious.

Cascade's 'First Harvest' is a mighty fine drop. Probably my all time favourite would be Boags 'Honey Porter'. These are both Limited Release beers though. I've found in recent times theres nothing quite like a good Rauchbier (Smoke Beer). 3 Ravens have just released one which I'm eager to have a go at, I've tried Redoaks Rauchbier and 2 German ones and all were delicious.

Woah freaky, I tried that last night for the first time and came here to give it a mention!.

I'm not a fan of Cascade beer overall but that was very nice beer. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

I'm only a beginner, having only just discovered that you can make alcoholic homebrew (see, told you I was a begginer), but my favourite is Coopers Sparkling Ale.

While we're talking Cascade, anyone tried the Cascade Green beer? Easily the best of the low carb beers and the fact that it is carbon neutral in its production is a nice bonus.

I had low expectations of this one as most low carb beers are rubbish - but was pleasantly surprised.

Is First Harvest made differently each year? I had some about a year ago and wasnt that impressed by it.

Had a Kirin for the first time on the weekend and liked it muchly.

While we're talking Cascade, anyone tried the Cascade Green beer? Easily the best of the low carb beers and the fact that it is carbon neutral in its production is a nice bonus.

Yet to see this anywhere in my area (west/north-western Melbourne), but maybe I'm just not going to the right shops.

I'm not into the whole low-carb principle because if you suck down 10 stubbies a night it doesn't matter if they're 100 or 160 calories. :D But having said that, I will buy a low-carb beer if it tastes OK, and I like to taste as many new beers as I can find. Of the low-carb, I'm partial to Michelob Ultra (95 calories, 4.2% alc), which has a bit more flavour than some of the local alternatives, and is cheaper too. It also makes for a good traveller because it doesn't bloat you as you're walking home if you have 3 or 4.

Yet to see this anywhere in my area (west/north-western Melbourne), but maybe I'm just not going to the right shops.

I'm not into the whole low-carb principle because if you suck down 10 stubbies a night it doesn't matter if they're 100 or 160 calories. :D But having said that, I will buy a low-carb beer if it tastes OK, and I like to taste as many new beers as I can find. Of the low-carb, I'm partial to Michelob Ultra (95 calories, 4.2% alc), which has a bit more flavour than some of the local alternatives, and is cheaper too. It also makes for a good traveller because it doesn't bloat you as you're walking home if you have 3 or 4.
I've only seen it at First Choice so far, so I'm thinking that Coles have the exclusive distribution rights so far. I haven't found it at Dan's or BWS yet. So my advice would be to head to the nearest First Choice/Vintage Cellars, it's worth making a trip for it.

Michelob Ultra = Bud Lite = absolute tripe. I had you down as a better drinker than that.

I'm only a beginner, having only just discovered that you can make alcoholic homebrew (see, told you I was a begginer), but my favourite is Coopers Sparkling Ale.

Coopers have an excellent range of home brew concentrates - the Sparkling is great.

Have fun with it mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back