Golf Favourite Golf Course's

Remove this Banner Ad

wonder what the flex on her shaft is
i know what mine is.

would carry her bag for 36 holes back to back
A8HBWUfCUAAjWcI.jpg:large

Has anyone played the Queenscliff course on Swan Island??

we've booked a weekend at Ocean grove and are going to include 18 at Queenscliff.. (TBH indidnt even know the course existed>>>)
I played there when I was at school in the mid 90's, in my quest to play at as many courses in and around Melb and the Peninsulas as possible. Don't remember much about it, but think it is perfectly good from memory and has some nice views.

You can see some pics and a hole by hole description here:

http://www.queenscliffgolfclub.com.au/layouts/mp_standard/Template.aspx?page=home

I played there when I was at school in the mid 90's, in my quest to play at as many courses in and around Melb and the Peninsulas as possible. Don't remember much about it, but think it is perfectly good from memory and has some nice views.

You can see some pics and a hole by hole description here:

http://www.queenscliffgolfclub.com.au/layouts/mp_standard/Template.aspx?page=home

Cheers - sounds fun! 12 holes at Ocean grove on Friday, 13th beach on the Sat morning, 18 at Curlewis Sat arvo and Queenscliff on Sunday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My local course (Pacific Golf Club) here in Brissy usually has a bit of flooding if there is heavy rainfall. The other day when I drove past during the flooding I couldn't see anything but water. Just looked like a massive lake. I was wondering how much it costs each time something like this happens in maintenance to fix up (bunkers, greens, general clean up etc).

My local course (Pacific Golf Club) here in Brissy usually has a bit of flooding if there is heavy rainfall. The other day when I drove past during the flooding I couldn't see anything but water. Just looked like a massive lake. I was wondering how much it costs each time something like this happens in maintenance to fix up (bunkers, greens, general clean up etc).

would it be classified as lateral hazard, or casual water?

Went up to Murray Downs with my brother for a couple of nights over the summer holidays, great little course. It was a little easier than I expected but still great fun, it was in great condition considering they have just come off a week of 43+ degree heat. Highly recommend the stay and play package to anyone who enjoys golf during the day and beer at night :thumbsu:

Anyone played Pebble Beach in the US? I'm heading over there in July and am thinking about giving it a go. Pretty bloody expensive though $495 green fees + cart + another $100 for hire clubs, worth it?

It would be a once in a lifetime experience, but it's obviously a lot of money for a game of golf. Think you might have to be staying at the resort to be able to get a booking more than 24 hours in advance, too. Otherwise I think you have to show up at 6am or whatever and just hope you get a booking. Spyglass Hill and the Links at Spanish Bay next door are another couple of very high quality options that I don't expect would cost as much money. http://www.pebblebeach.com/golf

Similar travel question. Heading to Bali in June and wife is letting me take the clubs so going to get 2 rounds in. Anyone played over in Bali? Any tips and recommendations?

Looking at Nirwana and another course. Bali Golf & Country Club has been having full course renovations for over a year and is supposedly opening again early this year. If its back open I would assume that would be one to look at.

Similar travel question. Heading to Bali in June and wife is letting me take the clubs so going to get 2 rounds in. Anyone played over in Bali? Any tips and recommendations?

Looking at Nirwana and another course. Bali Golf & Country Club has been having full course renovations for over a year and is supposedly opening again early this year. If its back open I would assume that would be one to look at.
I played twice in Bali mid year. Played at Nirwana first and then New Kuta second as Bali G&CC was closed when we were there too.

Nirwana was pretty cool, good holiday course. I am not great but still got around well enough. The 7th/8th/9th hole, cant rememerb which one, is absolutley amazing with the Tanah Lot temple on the beach which you have to hit over to the green on a par 3.

New Kuta wasn't as picturesque as Nirwana but was pretty good. they have some championship there which is the claim to fame. good track, is really new.

The fun thing about golf in bali is that you HAVE to have a caddie. They stand on the back of your cart as you drive. i'd never had this before so thought it was fun. If you smash your ball deep into bush/rice paddies, they go in head first and try and find it for 5-10 minutes whilst you drive away and continue to play, they then run after you and catch up. good fun! tip them about 100,000 ($10).

golf in bali is about 200 bucks per person a round. there are some dudes who organise golf for you, eg transfers, clubs so maybe just ask your hotel!

Sweet thanks. Will take camera along and try and get some nice shots (photos) in between my bad shots (golf).
Caddies recover 2 balls and they have already paid for their own tip :)

Are you allowed to use the facilities and have a shower afterwards? Try any of the dining on course?

Sweet thanks. Will take camera along and try and get some nice shots (photos) in between my bad shots (golf).
Caddies recover 2 balls and they have already paid for their own tip :)

Are you allowed to use the facilities and have a shower afterwards? Try any of the dining on course?
yep i got some great shots of me wacking the ball down onto the beach below! the caddie then climbed down to the beach to retrieve the ball but some dude had stolen it lol

The lockerroom shower/spa/sauna at Nirwana was awesome, didnt use the ones at New Kuta as was in a rush. If you are hiring clubs over there, definately buy balls at the golf stores in Kuta beforehand as they are expensive at the course and especially Nirwana, if you aren't that good you will lose a heap due to the rice paddies

i also assume the restaurant at Nirwana is top notch as i think its a big resort/spa hotel

Went to Pebble Beach in maybe 07/08. Really nice course and surrounds. Personally I wouldn't spend that amount to play a round but each to their own. You can walk through the club house area, shop(s) and down to near the 18th hole and watch people as they play.

The people that I saw around the club house area and course remind me (now that i've seen it) of the characters in Revenge if you've ever seen it.

golf in bali is about 200 bucks per person a round. there are some dudes who organise golf for you, eg transfers, clubs so maybe just ask your hotel!

200 aussie bucks?o_O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back