Favourite player.... and stuff the rest of ya

Remove this Banner Ad

I have quickly formed a man crush on Jack Darling.
From round one when he got Jack Ziebell holding the ball 20m out, I was amazed, the kid is proving so many doubters wrong, he is fast, he has agility, can play tall, can play small. I wanted Eagles to draft him at 4, if we had of done that I still would be just as happy.

Out of the others love Dustin Martin, Liam Jurrah, Lewis Jetta, Corey Enright, Nat Fyfe, Jono Brown, David Swallow, Jeff Garlett, Shaun Higgins, Harry Taylor, Andy Krak, Jimmy Bartel and can't go past Naita, Sheppard, Moochie Broome and lately been a big fan of Matty Rosa.

From my club Dustin Martin, I literally yell 'DUST!' every time he gets the ball and usually it's justified as every possession tends to be amazing.

From other clubs Jimmy Bartel. One of my favourite footy memories was pegging him for the 07 Brownlow in about round 5 of that season. I've always absolutely adored how the bloke goes about it.

good return? tell me you had some coin on it?

Top 3
Andrew Swallow.

Class personified and is fantastic in close. Underrated foot skills and can kick goals when he's in range. Taken late in the draft and has had the "higher rated younger brother" thng happening. Think he'll be comfortably better than David for quite some time. Wouldnt mind having David at North so I can take a closer look though :p

Patch Adams.
Classy, high rated junior. Captained Vic Metro, but has been hampered by injuries until the past couple of years. Very good inside, very good outside. Makes good decisions when in the forward half of the ground and can kick a goal.

Just like tough, hard players who haven't been rated or drafted that highly, who turn out to be very good players through determination and hard work.

Daniel Wells. Silk.

favourite swans- i like just about all of them, but ive always been a big Jude Bolton fan and now kirk left hes my favourite, but ive always been a big forward fan, loved having lockett and hall etc.

outside of the swans my absolute favourite is still Gary Ablett jnr, i wish he had of stayed at the cats, but he is the best player to watch by a mile.

Aside from Cats players, Andrew Walker is a fave. Really like it when players you can see have that raw talent for the game finally start putting it all together (a bit like Dale Thomas & GAJ). Loving Walker up forward at the moment. And always love a bloke who can take a good hanger.

I'll break mine up between Carlton and non-Carlton player

Matthew Kreuzer - For a big bloke, his work ethic in sensational. Love the way he goes about his footy, and you know when he walks off a football field, he has given 110%

Trent Cotchin - Amazingly skilled player, and will take the AFL by storm in the next few years. The most Judd-like player I have seen at U18 level.

Ben Rutten!

What a gun player.

Slowly transitioning to Rory Sloane or Matthew Jaensch.

From another club? I really like Chapman and Scarlett

Adelaide: Tippet, Walker, Rutten
Brisbane: Jono Brown, Adcock, Drummond
Carlton: (Not counting the guns): Jamison, Garlett, Yarran
Collingwood: Pendlebury, Ball, Jolly
Essendon: Watson, Pears,
Fremantle: Pavlich, Sandilands, Barlow
Geelong: Bartel, Ottens, Chapman
Hawthorn: Hodge
Melbourne: Jurrah, Grimes, Jamar
North: *Crickets* Don't know much about them Atley seems good and Macintosh is a deadset gun
Port: *Crickets* The captain goes ok.
Richmond: Martin
St Kilda: Goddard
Sydney: Goodes, Jack,
West Coast: Kennedy, Le Cras, Cox
Dogs: Grant

good return? tell me you had some coin on it?

Well...I didn't have much to put down as a real youngun back then but needless to say, I was very, very happy with it :).

In fact Brownlow night that year was one of my better times.

Ben Rutten!

What a gun player.

Anybody who regularly has Jonathan Brown for breakfast is worth their (considerable) weight in gold.

Used to be Ryan O'Keefe (see username :eek:). That somewhat faded when he wanted out though. I've forgiven him, but he's not my favourite any more.

Brett Kirk used to be, but he's retired. C.Bolts was up there too.

Now, it has to be Jack, Mumford, Kennedy, Bird and Smith. I love them all. If I had to pick a favourite, possibly Smith because he is so terribly underrated, easily in the top few most underrated players in the competition.

Also, for some reason Bradshaw became a favourite as soon as he arrived, and still is. Helps that he was one of my favourites as a Lion as well.

Outside the Swans.... Gablett Jnr, always been a fan, even before he got "good". Todd Goldstein is a total gun, needs more love in general. Zac Smith, Chris Judd (when he's not tearing us a new arseh*le or winning unworthy Norm Smiths ;)), Jack Riewoldt, Andrew Swallow, Dale Thomas (always thought the bagging was unjustified, and it makes me happy to see him shutting down the naysayers), Lance Franklin... Plenty of others too, I'm sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nic Nat obviously, because he does some ridiculously amazing things then does something awkward that you just can't help but laugh at.

haha my thoughts exactly. runs the field takes everyone on and sprays the kick on goal as wide as you could possibly imagine out on the full, but you can't help but smile afterwards :thumbsu:

if it were Nicoski doing the same thing I'm sure the reaction would be very different :p

Funnily enough, Chapman.

Love the way he goes about it. Great skills, great impact and tough without being a blowhard.

Anyone can get a chubby about a player from their own team.

brad miller
met him when i was 8 he was about 18 years old at the time
from then on he has become my fav player and have gotten to know him really well. i don't care if he isnt a great footballer but he was just a great guy and i thought he was cute ;)
still do hehe

Matty Thomas.

Went to my school (though never knew him) and is tough as nails. Absolutely love the way he goes about his footy, hopefully he learns to kick goals though - that miss on the weekend was a shocker!!

Will Minson. Has many flaws but I enjoy his on field antics. The cheap shots on the opposition, over celebrating a goal, doing the fancy stuff even though he shouldn't and of course the clangers.

Pure entertainment.

Nic Nat because i have never seen anybody else take the rucktap at a centre clearance and then rove his own ball and then have a few bounces and have a shot on goal without anybody touching it. I have seen him do this at subiaco ( the longest ground in the afl) a few times. just unique.

Adelaide: Bernie Vince - despite his lack of recent form
Brisbane: Simon Black
Carlton: Chris Judd
Collingwood: Dale Thomas - used to hate him..but his flare is awesome
Essendon: Jobe Watson
Fremantle: Matt Pavlich and Mick Barlow
Geelong: Jim Bartel
Hawthorn: Liam Shiels
Melbourne: Jack Trengove
North Melbourne: Brent Harvey and Andrew Swallow
Port Adelaide: David Rodan
Richmond: Brett Deledio