Fevola is there any chance

Remove this Banner Ad

Can the bloke play - check
Does he give us flexibility - check
Monsters hauls in the VFL - check
No injury concerns - check
Dirt cheap on minimum wage - check

We are a football club our primary aim is to win games of football.
The upside is huuuuge. At worst we duelist a player on minimum wage for breaking team rules.

I hope we give him a go.

:D:D:D:D:D

kramer-giddy-up.jpg

Iv'e said it before Fevola is a proven AFL player. Apart from some offield incedents, this guy can seriously play. I mean we have some of the best kickers in the competition, Suckling Young Guerra Hodge Rioli Birchall Smith spearing the ball inside fifty to him, imagine how good that will be. He could kick 50+. He loves it on the lead. With Franklin getting the #1 defender. Roughead #2 Fevola #3 it would be a nightmare for opposition defenders & coaches to be able to contain them all. Rather then seeing Franklin with 2-3 defenders on him, Roughead will attract a contest Fevola likewise. More importantly he would come very cheap & we can rookie list him. He is prepared to play for the minimum wage. I'll say go for it hawthorn!

Can the bloke play - check
Does he give us flexibility - check
Monsters hauls in the VFL - check
No injury concerns - check
Dirt cheap on minimum wage - check

We are a football club our primary aim is to win games of football.
The upside is huuuuge. At worst we duelist a player on minimum wage for breaking team rules.

I hope we give him a go.

Is he a richard cranium - check

No No No - we want to win a premiership, he is a negative influence and a trouble maker. Let some other club 'give him a chance to prove he has changed'

The fact that 17 clubs don't want him should tell you something

I would love to get him or Lovett. I think adding a quality player to your list for nothing is beneficial. As Fev stated, he would have clauses so the risk wouldn't be that high.

It would provide flexibility for us. More Franklin time up the ground and also Roughead could be used anywhere we wanted without it affecting our forward line.

Gunston, Franklin, Fev, Hale would provide enough height and flexibility for the forward line and ruck. Then Roughead could be the CHB we require, with some midfield stints.

I love to hate Fev. One of my fav footy moments is stranding him on 99 goals. Then again, maybe that's just a Carlton thing.

Recruiting him to Hawthorn would do my head in. :p

Besides, he truly is a flog of the highest order. If someone could guarantee a premiership with him playing then I would begrudgingly accept him, otherwise he can tell his story walking...

Cannot believe this poll is so close,he is a walking disaster and the last player i would ever want to pull on the Brown and Gold.Piss off Fev

Cannot believe this poll is so close,he is a walking disaster and the last player i would ever want to pull on the Brown and Gold.Piss off Fev
Don't see why you would be so surprised - he is hardly a walking disaster having kicked well over 600 goals at better than 3 a game.

And I am willing to give anybody a chance if they haven't done anything too bad & they can admit they have stuffed up - And Fev has.

Above all I am willing to give somebody a chance specially when they know they have no other.

And as we get him for NOTHING - So what is the downside?

NONE - THERE IS NO DOWNSIDE.

It can only ever be a win win situation for us.

And the upside could be a FLAG & at least we will give every other club the SH*TS trying to man up against us :) while he plays.

Don't see why you would be so surprised - he is hardly a walking disaster having kicked well over 600 goals at better than 3 a game.

And I am willing to give anybody a chance if they haven't done anything too bad & they can admit they have stuffed up - And Fev has.

Above all I am willing to give somebody a chance specially when they know they have no other.

And as we get him for NOTHING - So what is the downside?

NONE - THERE IS NO DOWNSIDE.

It can only ever be a win win situation for us.

And the upside could be a FLAG & at least we will give every other club the SH*TS trying to man up against us :) while he plays.

Agreed

nothing to lose and everything to gain....IF he stuffs up he's out and i think he might finally understand that

the opposition won't be able to double/triple Buddy

imagine Fev, the Rough and Buddy in the fwd line plus cyril, and poppy crumbing???

make it happen i say Ü

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prefer him with us than playing for Geelong,Carlton or Collingwood.

If we can control the off field stuff (big if) what he brings on the field is quality.

If we want a gorilla down back Roughy is the man.

We will not get Gillies.

FF: Rioli Fevola Hale
HF: Gunston Franklin Lewis
C: Smith Mitchell Burgoyne
HB: Birchall Roughead Gibson
FB: Puopolo Stratton Guerra
R: Bailey Hodge Sewell
I: Shoenmakers Shiels Suckling Savage

Looks like a premiership team to me :)

I voted "NO" because I have serious concerns re: his defensive side.

However; if we could 'rookie' him then we may as well.

I am starting to agree with The_Air_Up_There and am thinking that Lovett would be a far better pickup.

Staggered how much support there is for Fev.

Forget about the off-field stuff - the bloke was one of the most selfish footballers going around. All about him and nothing about the team. People rolling out his goals per game average missing the point about what is takes to win premierships. He was a cancer at Carlton and Brisbane. I hope he turns his life around and to be honest in my opinion he needs to get away from AFL footy to do so.

We dont need the media circus distraction next year and we dont need him on our list to challenge for a premiership.

And then there is the off-field stuff...I don't gamble anymore...but I play poker - I don't consider poker to be gambling:eek:

Again, I am staggered about people seriously considering him at our great club.

How about we trade lilse to brissie for pick 34 and fev instead of pick 29?? We won't need Gilles as we could place Roughie at CHB.

I think the prospect of having Fev on a cut throat contact far out weighs the negatives. I think it may be us or Collingwood that enquired about him, but he seems to suit us more than the pies. Dawes, cloke seem to top heavy with Fev, where as franklins mobility with Fev and maybe a resting hale seems a better mix with rough at CHB

Can Fevola be traded? Or is he now off their list?

If that's the case, maybe Brissy would bundle him up with a pick for Lisle?

If the Hawks were keen on him, that would be the ideal way to secure him i'd be guessing?

Then we dont have to use our PSD pick on him

Can Fevola be traded? Or is he now off their list?

If that's the case, maybe Brissy would bundle him up with a pick for Lisle?

If the Hawks were keen on him, that would be the ideal way to secure him i'd be guessing?

Then we dont have to use our PSD pick on him

Fev on Brisbanes list until 31st of October

I seem to remember that the Swans claimed to have a " No **** heads Policy" which lost all credibility when they recruited Spider Everitt from the Hawks.
Obviously the Hawks lacked a "NDH policy" when they recruited Spider and we will prove beyond all reasonable doubt that it is still absent if we choose to recruit Fevola.
I will be staggered if our football department is that stupid. Fevola would destroy the years of hard work spent in getting the club back to being a force in the AFL.

I will be staggered if our football department is that stupid. Fevola would destroy the years of hard work spent in getting the club back to being a force in the AFL.
I think you are being a bit melodramatic!

If he stuffed up (& I don't think he will) we would simply give him the flick - as he has cost us nothing anyway.

And so no big deal.

But then if he doesn't stuff up :).

Remove this Banner Ad

Fevola is there any chance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back