Fevola To Still Be At Carlton In 2010 - *MERGED*

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Why i believe Fevola will be a blue 2010!

Interesting reading. Hope he stays, I'd be pretty pissed if I was a blues fan, would be like us losing buddy.
Reckon its a stunt to say that Carlton don't tolerate this behaviour knowing that no-one will trade for him and they'll keep him?

Re: Have a feeling Fev will stay on

I keep changing my mind about this. 1 minute I want to see what we can get for him, next, I feel sick seeing him in a Collingwood guernsey. Either way it should be a win for Carlton if we play our usual hard ball trade style.

from an opposition supporter I agree Fev will be at the Blues in 2010

1. Carlton are playing the media

2. Carlton will use this as a scare tactic and put some additional good behaviour clauses in his contract

has anyone considered going on a big strike at visy park demanding carlton to keep fevola :D:eek:?

crack_pipe and this fish:

oscar-fish.jpg

2. Carlton will use this as a scare tactic and put some additional good behaviour clauses in his contract

what's the point of putting those clauses in his contract if they aren't going to move him on this time? so they actually want fev, but they put extra clauses in case he does something bad and they can move him on (when it's already been established they want him)?

Some players are up for trade and some players ARE up for trade. I have a feeling Carlton will be asking a rediculous figure/picks etc.

This is a very public dressing down.

FWIW. Fevola has historically seemed to prosper in a year when his contract is up. Any merit to tearing up the current deal and re-signing on a one year heavily performance basis with a one year option?

Re: Are Carlton Bluffing?

Ratten is a f'ing idiot. Every time he talks, I cringe and his statements the other day were no exception

RATTEN, SWAN AND KERNAHAN MUST GO. FEV MUST STAY

FWIW. Fevola has historically seemed to prosper in a year when his contract is up. Any merit to tearing up the current deal and re-signing on a one year heavily performance basis with a one year option?

Reckon big Fev will agree to that? If he has in fact nominated clubs, don't think he really will be too shattered about leaving that he'll take such a risky option for his finances, especially considering that he'll be coming out of that contract at 30 with a big question mark over his head.

The CFC wants him gone - the full reasons for which we are not privy to, so he will be traded. Fev's statement sounds like he is saying goodbye.
We could not risk him after not defending him (tantamount to putting him on a final warning again) and how could he be expected to forget what has now transpired

Seems clear the club will trade him for whatever they can get. This morning I suggested they would accept not much more than someone willing to pay his contract. There are reports Roos is not interested but I still think Sydney and now think ROK is the probable trade as it will help them afford Fev and be attractive to us and ROK

From a Collingwood supporter - I think it's all show. Agree with comments that it's a wake up call for Fev. You can't afford to lose him. If he goes and Judd is suspended for the first 3 games it will be a tough start for 2010.
Maybe the board can suspend him like we did to Didak then allow him back.

Besides - can you imagine the combo of Didak and Fevola at the pies - talk about a recipe for disaster - we will certainly bring the game into ill repute.

Only the days ahead will tell.

Interesting reading. Hope he stays, I'd be pretty pissed if I was a blues fan, would be like us losing buddy.
Reckon its a stunt to say that Carlton don't tolerate this behaviour knowing that no-one will trade for him and they'll keep him?
I Hope so mate, I really do.

for what its worth i also believe fev will stay a blue, and as such i have placed 100 on him to remain a blue at juicy odds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mod's you may close this thread.. but i thought i could say a few things about this fev trade. Firstly, fevola is a contracted player... tell me a player or club that has ever ended a 700k+ contract with 2 years to go? I can't recall it and i don't think the cfc would be dumb enough to lose 1.4 million and also lose a 6 time leading goalkicker and 2 time AA full forward!

Secondly, its very unlikely a club will be able to fit fevola into their cap.. im talking maybe 500k+ a year and also lose a pick or 2 for a player who just turned 29 with offield problemms and believe me carlton will make sure he doesnt go cheaply..

and finnaly for people who say his been 'sacked' and has played his last game for the navy blue.. carlton put him up for trade because carlton have had enough of his attitude and behavior.. not because his been sacked.... this a professional bluf that carlton are doing to not only proove a point but to also retain him on the list and save 1.4 million on a gun FF.
I have alot of knowledge about this fev saga because im fortinate enough to have a relative high up in the afl industry..

in conclusion carlton hopefuly can walk out of trade week saying, 'hey we put him up for trade.. and we couldn't come up with a suitable trade best for the club and brendan.. therefore fevola will be handed out a lets say, 5 week ban and will then return and play for his beloved carlton blues in 2010 and do what he does best... kick goals!!!!:thumbsu:

:confused::rolleyes:

A club that trades us a player - only has to find the difference between his and Fev's salary

Professionals do not bluff very often

:eek: How do you figure they are going to keep Fev and save $1.4m

Guys I have a serious feeling that Fev will stay on. Carlton will only trade Fev if we get a great deal. I dont think most clubs are going to give us that, also because Fev is still a contracted player that means the other clubs would have to pay his $700K a year salary, which means clubs such as StKilda and Hawthorn wont be able to afford him as there salary cap is pretty tight, and Carlton will most certainly not pay some of his salary. The only club I can see Fev suited to is Collingwood Bulldogs and Sydney. If i know Carlton well they would never trade Fev to Collingwood, Bulldogs want Fev but dont want to give jack for him, and 700k for them is pretty steep. So the only team left will be Sydney I guess, but they will not trade O'keefe and first pick by any means...

Thoughts???

Spot on the mark here. Unless Carlton get a really good deal he's going to be at Carlton next year. We did this before when he was nearly traded to Richmond after he insulted John Nicholls at a B&F function.

Carlton's punt is no sure thing.

CARLTON Football Club tonight remained well aware that Brendan Fevola may still be a Blue next year.

Despite taking the bold move to formally declare the full-forward on the market, it knows that to off-load him in next week's trade period could be akin to delivering on the Kyoto agreement.
Fevola will turn 29 in January and he is contracted to earn at least $1.4 million from the next two seasons, which are significant issues in the eyes of potential suitors.
But, of most concern to rival clubs is Fevola's character, is the alcohol-affected facet of his make-up that was the main reason the Blues wanted him out.
Carlton's three most powerful individuals - captain Chris Judd, president Stephen Kernahan and coach Brett Ratten - led the way on the decision to seek a trade for the club's controversial full-forward.
Start of sidebar.

Since last Friday, the Blues have been telling rival clubs Fevola was on the market and it is believed that Kernahan arrived at the decision to off-load him on the same day.
The club went close to formalising the stance on Monday, the day of the best-and-fairest count that Fevola did not attend, and then officially signed off on it yesterday.
The Fevola situation is likely to become a circus in trade week.
As of last night, the Fevola camp felt there were four clubs considering him - in no order St Kilda, Sydney, Brisbane and Collingwood.
While some football people were suggesting the Western Bulldogs would also look at Fevola, they have struck an in-principle arrangement with Barry Hall.
The possibility of the Saints dealing with Carlton on Fevola would make for interesting negotiations.
Some football industry talk last night had it that St Kilda would offer Luke Ball and a draft pick for Fevola.
That would free room in St Kilda's salary cap, and give Carlton another in-and-under ball getter (it has already agreed in principle to recruit Brock McLean) to assist Judd.
Ball and Judd went at No. 2 and No. 3 in the 2001 national draft.
With Fevola's management company partly being run by former Brisbane Lions-connected men (champion forward Alastair Lynch and communications expert Peter Blucher), a possible Fevola link to the Lions has an interesting backdrop.
As it does with Collingwood, whose president Eddie McGuire has been heavily counselling Fevola throughout his turmoil of the past 10 days.
It is understood the Pies' football department is not as open to adding Fevola to its mix as McGuire may be, but that may change during official talks next week.
The Sydney Swans have constantly said it was "unlikely" they would consider Fevola, but some rival clubs are convinced they will negotiate with the Blues.
Essendon football manager Paul Hamilton said last night: "When we look at our list management strategy, I don't think Brendan is going to fit into that. We'll ... discuss that a little bit further, but I would say it's highly unlikely."

If it wasn't for the article were Judd came out and claimed that Fev had embarrassed himself and disgraced the club, I would have called it a bluff.

Judd and the CFC have framed this trade and I reckon there were heavy discussions prior to the publishing of article. The captain of your club has a part in this, make no mistake about it. He could have played it down a little. Yeah, acknowledge that he fu<ked up, but don't castrate your Coleman medalist in front of the media.

Fevola won't be a Blue next year ... accept it. Could be wrong, but I don't think so. Regardless, crazy by Carlton if they do trade him. Time will tell.

Pretty sure his contract is up at end of 2010, but i could be wrong.

Mark my words, this is a bluff.

Step 1 - $10,000 fine.

Step 2 - Publicly humiliate him and "offer" him for trade.

Step 3 - Price him out of the market in trade week. Eg: Tell the Bulldogs they can have him in exchange for Lake, Everitt and their 1st round pick.

Step 4 - Once no trade get's done come out and say "Well we tried to trade Brendan Fevola but unfortunately no deal could get done. As he is under contract for 2010 he will be retained on our list".

Step 5 - In order to mitigate any backlash, announce a Steve Johnson style punishment, banish him to Bullants pre-season, fine $$, alcohol rehab, 3 game suspension etc.

This then allows up to reap the massive Veterans List benefits from 2010 onwards and will allow us to keep the wolves (GC17 & WS18) from the door with the likes of Gibbs, Murphy and Kreuzer.

Plus come next contract time for Fev we can massively slash his pay due to his off field behaviour.

It's a no brainer if you ask me.

Carlton Football Club exists to win premierships NOT to produce role models.

Heck our B & F award is named after a bloke who robbed a bank during his playing days at Carlton.
From an outsiders view this is how it looks to me.

I think that the club will put him out there for trade, but we wont get anything near what the club wants so we will get to keep him.

Fev will realise that we will trade him if he screws up again so he will pull his head in...

So in a way, the club is both serious and using this as a serious scare tactic to get Fev to pull his head in.

Pretty sure his contract is up at end of 2010, but i could be wrong.

Mark my words, this is a bluff.

Step 1 - $10,000 fine.

Step 2 - Publicly humiliate him and "offer" him for trade.

Step 3 - Price him out of the market in trade week. Eg: Tell the Bulldogs they can have him in exchange for Lake, Everitt and their 1st round pick.

Step 4 - Once no trade get's done come out and say "Well we tried to trade Brendan Fevola but unfortunately no deal could get done. As he is under contract for 2010 he will be retained on our list".

Step 5 - In order to mitigate any backlash, announce a Steve Johnson style punishment, banish him to Bullants pre-season, fine $$, alcohol rehab, 3 game suspension etc.

This then allows up to reap the massive Veterans List benefits from 2010 onwards and will allow us to keep the wolves (GC17 & WS18) from the door with the likes of Gibbs, Murphy and Kreuzer.

Plus come next contract time for Fev we can massively slash his pay due to his off field behaviour.

It's a no brainer if you ask me.

Carlton Football Club exists to win premierships NOT to produce role models.

Heck our B & F award is named after a bloke who robbed a bank during his playing days at Carlton.

bedtimestories09-4-7-1.jpg

That article just changed my mind - Carlton sounds like they will trade the goof.

Just get the trade sorted, and let's all just move on.

I just hope that we are better off for it (and get compensated fairly, if not, majorly in Carlton's favour ;))

EDIT: If Fev picked the Saints as his preferred club, is it possible we could get Luke Ball and Kosi?

Kosi seems to run into Roo all the time, so he will have all the room he wants in our forward line.

Just a suggestion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back