VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

my god our reserves are terrible but that umpiring effort in the final term was something else cant even spot a mark properly

Caddy (unfortnately not ours) is pretty good..has that Charlie Curnow vib about him ...but on ours ..thought Motlop was thru midfield most of day and was good..Marchie was ok , he was solid without being dominating..

Motlop did enough to play AFL against the Cats post bye.

Billy Wilson is the best of our picks from last year. By a country mile.

Moir… is wasted on the wing. I know they’re trying to give him a tank but I’d love to see him play a game up forward as a leading forward.

Lemmey did some good stuff, kicked 2 goals, but he needs to compete better.

Mirkov. The less said the better.

Monahan. Remains out of his depth.

Young/Marchbank/Durdin - they are injury cover. Marchy showed a little bit more, but was easily outmarked several times by an 18 year old.

Akuei. Actually was one of our better defenders. If only he didn’t handball straight to the oppo every single time.

Binns was fine for the half he played.

McMahon was the best of the VFL bunch. Cahill also decent.

Overall, we are a very poor team burdened by blokes like Mirkov and Monahan who aren’t up to it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm frustrated only by the lack of across-the-field cover in positions which affects structure and development and development of younger players is what underpins sustainable success for a club. Not good enough atm in my book.

Most evident is there is no listed developing midfield squad.

I'll leave it at that.

I'm frustrated only by the lack of across-the-field cover in positions which affects structure and development and development of younger players is what underpins sustainable success for a club. Not good enough atm in my book.

I'll leave it at that.

That’s why we picked Cooper Lord and not Al Houli.

I'll leave it at that.
At the moment, absolutely

Cerra, Cottrell, Doc, Cuners would improve the quality at VFL level one way or another

Lord will help, so too the Campo boys next year

I'm more concerned with depth and or competition for spots in our forward line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Lewis Young cherry ripe for his next assignment on Jeremy Cameron? 😃

Overall, we are a very poor team burdened by blokes like Mirkov and Monahan who aren’t up to it.

I'm not willing to give up on an Irishman who has never played the game half way through his first season. He's the epitome of a cat B rookie. I reckon he might come on strong when his fellow Irishman is up and going.

I'm not willing to give up on an Irishman who has never played the game half way through his first season. He's the epitome of a cat B rookie. I reckon he might come on strong when his fellow Irishman is up and going.

FWIW I haven’t given up on him either. But right now, he wouldn’t get a game if he wasn’t Carlton listed.

Thought most of the AFL listed players did at least their bit.

Quite a few VFL listed players who did more harm than good

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Wilson and Moir were not factors. Lemmey just does not have it. Mirkov, Durdin, Young thanks but no thanks. Marchbank is an AFL back up defender

Better signs from Mots, not far away. Reasonable outings from our depth guys

Draftees just need to build tanks and continue to work on their game

The frustration, in the result of a development league game is somewhat strange
because there are no signs of development and many of our young draftees look flawed.eg Lemmey & Moir hunger and focus. There is little talent coming through

because there are no signs of development and many of our young draftees look flawed.eg Lemmey & Moir hunger and focus. There is little talent coming through

They are later picks for a reason, and not all kids find their groove immediately

Both are showing signs of improvement, but not the main theme of my post

Premier and position their vfl team finished...

Pies 8th
Cats 14th
Demon's 5th
Richmond (novfl)
Richmond 1st
West coast (pies made gf their vfl - 5th)
Richmond 5th
Bulldogs 1st

Cbf going back further. Strong vfl with 1 exception. Cats vfl was 5th the year before and are currently 2nd again so a strong program despite not exactly aligning with when they won in 22.

Winning with a bad bad vfl looks like a hell of an anomaly. Box Hill was strong in the hawks years too.

I think it's fair enough , more than fair enough, To be concerned about Carlton's vfl

Premier and position their vfl team finished...

Pies 8th
Cats 14th
Demon's 5th
Richmond (novfl)
Richmond 1st
West coast (pies made gf their vfl - 5th)
Richmond 5th
Bulldogs 1st

Cbf going back further. Strong vfl with 1 exception. Cats vfl was 5th the year before and are currently 2nd again so a strong program despite not exactly aligning with when they won in 22.

Winning with a bad bad vfl looks like a hell of an anomaly. Box Hill was strong in the hawks years too.

I think it's fair enough , more than fair enough, To be concerned about Carlton's vfl
Could that also be linked to health of the list? More healthy you are the more AFL listed players you play in the VFL which gives you a higher chance of winning. Also being healthy would be important for winning a GF

Could that also be linked to health of the list? More healthy you are the more AFL listed players you play in the VFL which gives you a higher chance of winning. Also being healthy would be important for winning a GF
Pretty likely too. I'd assume there's a good link to being healthy and winning afl premierships too though so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back