VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier and position their vfl team finished...

Pies 8th
Cats 14th
Demon's 5th
Richmond (novfl)
Richmond 1st
West coast (pies made gf their vfl - 5th)
Richmond 5th
Bulldogs 1st

Cbf going back further. Strong vfl with 1 exception. Cats vfl was 5th the year before and are currently 2nd again so a strong program despite not exactly aligning with when they won in 22.

Winning with a bad bad vfl looks like a hell of an anomaly. Box Hill was strong in the hawks years too.

I think it's fair enough , more than fair enough, To be concerned about Carlton's vfl

I think your assessment leaves out too much detail to dispel any concerns people have with our VFL teams.

The last 6 seasons Casey have lost a GF and won one, it shows they have had a strong VFL side for the years Melbourne have been up the top.

Richmonds 2s lost the GF in 2017 and won in 2019, again it showed they had a strong 2s whilst they were right at the top in the AFL.

Geelong reserves lost 2006 then won in 2007, again showing that when the Cats were challenging for premierships they had a strong seconds side, they then won again in 2012 and lost 2013.

Box Hill played in 3 GFs in a row from 2013-15 winning won, again whilst the AFL side was winning grand finals.

The Bulldogs reserves won the GF in 2014 and 2016 which again supports all the previous above that show when a team is contending, their VFL team is usually right up there too.

It’s a big big concern.

Thought Marchbank built nicely throughout the game & we will need him when McGovern pulls up sore [looked like a knee knock he was pointing to on the bench stated as ''precautionary only '' post game]...or needs to be managed

Thought Marchbank built nicely throughout the game & we will need him when McGovern pulls up sore [looked like a knee knock he was pointing to on the bench stated as ''precautionary only '' post game]...or needs to be managed
Hope Russell's had him in the gym. He's got no spring and no upper body strength still. Won't jump over to spoil and will get out wrestled at the top level. Think he's 'relegated' to the twos until one or both of those things return to him. IE strength + confidence. He's always going to be a good read of the play and a smart footballer overall. Just needs time. Dunno if he has time. Continuity too....

Marchbank as injury cover for McGovern....?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stream Live on afl.com.au

GQo6AF5akAEkWDs

Notable:
  • Cooper Lord debuts
  • Cuningham, Pitto back from injury
  • Darcy Hogg - son of Carlton premiership player Matthew - playing
PS: Never started a thread in my life, hope I didn't mess up.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back