Fevola Trade (merged thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumour: Eagles keen on Fevola

i dont think fevola will go to westcoast. i think he will become a kangaroo. just had a chat with a family member of a kangaroos player down the shops. rumour has it at the kangaroos that fevs will be a kangaroo next year. this will pick up pace over the nex few days. but sounds likely

It's official then. Fevola to North Melbourne.

All we need is the shopkeeper to sign off as a witness and the paperwork will be lodged with the AFL.

It's official then. Fevola to North Melbourne.

All we need is the shopkeeper to sign off as a witness and the paperwork will be lodged with the AFL.

it was a actually a brother of a kangaroos player. he was just saying that his brother is pretty excited that fevs looks like being a kangaroo next year. i never said it was definate . no need to be a smartass

Sharks On A Plane - answers in bold

I think I'm going to have to give Bigfooty a break until trade week is over.

Sigh. But I press on...

Waite - swing man, not a pure key back (best of the lot though)With Fev gone he will be needed up forward.
Bower - good, but still young and raw
Austin - not sold on him yet
Jamison - could be good, is he injured?
Thornton - good 3rd tall, ordinary key back.

Waite aside, if you think any of these are very good key defenders you are delusional. Jamison and Bower may end up very good after a number of years, but potential doesn't equal elite.

We need key backmen desperately, do we? Yes. Blues backline leaks like a sieve. Key defenders on your list are young and inconsistent.

Also, do you really think Spangher and Hansen are going to get you the reigning AA full-forward? No, stupid trade offer

1st rounder + someone young and good.Never going to happen. Carlton will either keep Fev (culture) or accept a below par offer for him. Will never receive what he is worth.

Carltons key defenders are good enough to persevere with, they don't need to re-stock, especially with those offered. However, the Blues backline still needs alot of work.

And with Fev gone, so too does the forward line.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/85521/default.aspx

Read the article.. Steve Woodhouse (who does contracts) only got told about it as the interview started. Saying "hadn't discussed it, or considered it" as at that stage most clubs thought Fev would be retained. His last comment was that he can't comment, he is only the Contract manager not the recruiting manager who is his brother Trevor. Obviously it is a club wide thing to be discussed.

So the man who does our contracts says: "I wouldn't consider it at the moment, no." and you want me to read the article? :rolleyes:

Pick 14
Pick 30
Dawes

Doesnt sound to bad right now hay Blue Boys

Would rather send Fev to the WCE for a rookie on the verge of delisting than to Collingwood. Collingwood can hope though. They're great at that.

McKinley: If WCE were interested, it makes sense for McKinley to be part of the deal.

Spangher: I don't know that we need Spangher and despite the rumours there's been no confirmation that we've been interested. As has been said, we have plenty of 190-193cm running backmen who can't hold down a KP.

Hansen: real problems here in terms of form.

Hey, given that WCE supporters are now convinced you got the better of the Judd deal (I cite numerous threads this year) perhaps you'll be good enough to return the favour: McKinley and Kerr? :rolleyes:

Fev vs. Aker

Just curious to hear peoples thoughts on the relative value of Fevola now compared to Aker when he was traded. Both are around the same age and both were on the outer at their current clubs.

People are expecting Fev to get a lot more than Aker got.

Fev being a KPP is obviously the big difference but Aker was a Brownlow medalist. Both have big mouths and behavioral issues.

Re: Pies in the Mix

I think a 1st rounder for Fev is all that is needed. Akermanis was worth pick 34 and he had 4 years of footy in him similar to Fev, Fev has about 3-4 years left but is a higher profile and key position player so i think a 1st rounder may get him. Due to the draft being a little shallow i think a player may need to be added.

C.Dawes and pick 14 = Fevola for 3-4 years

WBD's only want to give away a 4th round pick for Hall.

Spangher + McKinnley would be enough, keep the 3rd round pick.

I doubt that would even be close especially if they wanted the Blues to pay part of his wage in 2011!!

Carlton have already made it clear that if a trade was to be done where in they have to pay part of the salary it would need to involve a first round (top 10) pick. Otherwise they will not be helping with the player payments.

My trade suggestion for WC would be...

Spangher + McKinnley + pick 7.

Calton would then pay part of either the 550K next season or 800K in 2011......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt that would even be close especially if they wanted the Blues to pay part of his wage in 2011!!

Carlton have already made it clear that if a trade was to be done where in they have to pay part of the salary it would need to involve a first round (top 10) pick. Otherwise they will not be helping with the player payments.

My trade suggestion for WC would be...

Calton would then pay part of either the 550K next season or 800K in 2011......
Thats a good deal:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Re: Pies in the Mix

Sensible trade would be Dawes and pick 14, and perhaps a swap of second and third round picks.

Dawes would get plenty of game time at Carlton and we could use pick 14 for anothe developing key forward.

Carlton can't win the flag next year anyway. Collingwood probably can with Fevola.

Thats the most sensible Carlton post in this thread. Depending on whether any other clubs come to the table that price may be pushed up a bit. I can see combinations of the following occuring:

Dawes + pick 14
Dawes + pick 14 + pick 30
Dawes + Medhurst
Medhurst + pick 14

It all really depends on how much we want Fevola and how much competition for his signature there is. I really think this is the end of Fevola at Carlton - the rift seems to be irreperable from the statements made by the club and what is in the media. I think Carlton will have to trade and try for the best deal. People suggesting Reid, Brown, Anthony, and even Cloke are way off the mark. If thats what it took we would just walk.

The other issue is we have the cap room to take over his salary - I think only Sydney could match that. That would be appealing to Carlton if they could get an alright deal to go with it. And before Medhurst gets criticised - he is an enigmatic, AA, small forward who is worth 50 + goals a season when fit. He had a bad year because of injury and will be fine with a preseason. Personally i'd be shattered if we got rid of him but sometimes a gutsy call needs to be made. With any two of a combo of Medders, Dawes and pick 14 you should be able to go a fair way to covering the loss of Fev in the forward line - as much as he is irreplaceable in alot of ways.

Anymore than that and Fev isn't worth it. Anything involving Medhurst is pushing it anyway.

Not even close!!!

Pick #14, Cloke and JA
Ouch. You wouldn't want to go down that path.
Not that impressed with the Pies forward line.

Sure they tell you with Medhurst, Didak, Thomas and Davis they have the most electrifying small forwards going around (when they don't go missing), but their bigs have massive problems.

Cloke cannot kick a goal to save his life. Probably the worst set shot in the AFL.
Anthony is a dead eye dick, just isn't powerful enough. Also goes missing in big games.

As I said it was a "Starting point" for a trade.. you don't go in and offer exactly what you would pay for a house/car (unless your stupid)... you try get the best deal.. which both sides will be doing and they will meet in the middle somewhere if a trade happens.

Calton would then pay part of either the 550K next season or 800K in 2011......[/quote]

Dream on :eek::rolleyes:

Pick 14
Pick 30
Dawes

Doesnt sound to bad right now hay Blue Boys
It's awful.

I don't rate Dawes who didn't impress in your huge win over Carlton this year.

Dawes kicked just the one goal and moves like Leigh Brown.

CD looked slow with Austin rebounding off him.

Re: Fev vs. Aker

Akermanis hadn't played for 6 months, was well beyond his brownlow-winning best and was under an injury cloud. Fevola just kicked 86 goals, won the coleman, is the All Australian Team Full Forward, is in career-best form and has no injury concerns whatsoever. He is extremley durable and could provide up to 5 more years of quality service. Fevola guarantees 80+ goals in 2010, a significant membership boost to clubs like Sydney, Bulldogs & North or a genuine premiership chance for Collingwood and the Bulldogs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back