Fevola Trade (merged thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumour: Eagles keen on Fevola

a deal with kangaroos could secure a player like robert tarrant 196cm forward. or a micheal wundke a 21 year old 191 cm forward originally from north adelaide

Great deal

Spangher + McKinley + Pick 7 :D

The blues pay part of Fevs deal or what evs they do

Re: Fev vs. Aker

Triple Premiership player
Best and Fairest Winner
Brownlow Medallist
All Australian

Against

Coleman Medallist
All Australian

But Aker didnt play for 6 months

Re: Pies in the Mix

The option that most posters here are leaving out is the money.

Carlton has all but admitted it will part with Fevola for less then he is worth if the club is willing to pay the reported 700k a year deal.

So if Collingwood (or any other team) agree to pay near or in full that amount for the next 2 years, Carlton might only get a first round draft pick and a fringe player.

I think everyone agrees here that Carlton will not get what you would get for Fev in a "fair and open" market, and the fact his contract is so high also means Carlton will get less.

My guess, if it comes down to the last day/few hours of trading, Carlton would accept a first round pick and a young player of promise.

Dawes won't be in the trade, he is worth nothing, and has honestly shown very little at senior level, despite his potential.

Re: Pies in the Mix

Leon Davis and our 2nd round pick to Eagles
Matthew Spangher and their first round pick to Collingwood

pick 14, Dawes and Spangher to Carlton
Fevola To Collingwood

Pick 7 and N.Brown to Dogs
Brian Lake to Collingwood..

2010 premiers..

A guy can dream can't he..?

Massive facepalm.

I think I'm going to have to give Bigfooty a break until trade week is over.

Sigh. But I press on...

Waite
Bower
Austin
Jamison
Thornton

We need key backmen desperately, do we? Your ignorance scares me.

Also, do you really think Spangher and Hansen are going to get you the reigning AA full-forward?

1st rounder + someone young and good.

With Fev gone, you'd think Waite would be spending more time up forward?

I rate Jamison, Bower has had a great season, the other two I could go either way on (The fact that Thornton is a knob doesn't help).

I still think you could use another quality backman.

i cant see a team giving up a top 10 pick for fev. the problem for carlton right now is even though they are 'trying' to trade him if they dont and he stays what happens if he gets on the grog again over the summer and does another stupid thing. if he doesnt leave the carlton board will say again its his last chance. so if he does screw up they will be forced into either suspending him indefinitely or worse. and if that happens then they get nothing. clubs will know this. so will carlton take the gamble fev wont screw up in the next 2 years or will they take a less then what hes worth deal for him.

Just on the first post Tony Notte wont develop into a forward, i dont see him playing afl ever again he is the biggest spud with no ability.

Its says your based in Melbourne.

How can you have seen Tony Notte play live ?

He is still skinny but getting stronger, but his talent is undoubted for me.

Great footy brain, reads the play and times his leads well and is a very very good mark.

Have you seen Peter Sumich's comments on him, as part of the west coast list review on the afl website.

That shows how good the club rates him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great deal

Spangher + McKinley + Pick 7 :D

The blues pay part of Fevs deal or what evs they do
fev isnt worth pick 7 alone, let alone with two good young players added in

Spangher Mckinley and pick 24 is too high i reckon, but doable, possibly.

if you ask 15 clubs whether they could use fev next year, the answer is "of course"

but to get value for fev you need to ask the clubs for whoom he is the difference between a premiership or not

at clubs like west coast, freo, port, melbourne, richmond and north, all you are going to get is dregs, like second round picks and young fringe players like spangher.

With Fev gone, you'd think Waite would be spending more time up forward?

I rate Jamison, Bower has had a great season, the other two I could go either way on (The fact that Thornton is a knob doesn't help).

I still think you could use another quality backman.

I agree we do need another quality backman especially if we need Waite to go forward, but Spangher is not another quality backman. Now Tarrant and Pick 4 is about on the money.

Been told a similar thing. ATM Eagles have 4 players wishing for trades all for various reasons

Staker - Wants a full time midfield role that we cant offer
Seaby - Wants more opportunities
Spangher - Homesick
McKinley - Happy to stay for now but will leave when current contract is up

General idea is Spangher + McKinley + 3rd rounder will get the deal done. Eagles will then ontrade Staker for Stokes and believe that with Fev and Stokes in the side they can push for a top 4 finish next year adding Cox Kerr Waters to the 22 that finished the year very very well.

Effectively it will be

Spangher, Seaby, Staker and McKinley for Fevola and Stokes

3 way fevola deal inc west coast, carlton, collingwood

how about collingwood trade pick 14 + leon davies to west coast for pick 7 + ben mckinley.

collingwood then trade

pick 7 + ben mckinley + Dawes/Brown to carlton for fev + 3rd rounder

carlton then trade pick 7 + 2nd Rounder for T Walker

carlton lose
fev
2nd rounder
1st rounder

carlton gain
T walker
Brown/Dawes
Mckinley

forward line of

HF - Yarran-T Walker--Simpson
FF - Betts--McKinley--Kreuzer

fev isnt worth pick 7 alone, let alone with two good young players added in

Spangher Mckinley and pick 24 is too high i reckon, but doable, possibly.

if you ask 15 clubs whether they could use fev next year, the answer is "of course"

but to get value for fev you need to ask the clubs for whoom he is the difference between a premiership or not

at clubs like west coast, freo, port, melbourne, richmond and north, all you are going to get is dregs, like second round picks and young fringe players like spangher.
Are u f***ing shiting me u dont think Fev is worth pick 7.:thumbsdown:

Re: 3 way fevola deal inc west coast, carlton, collingwood

Pick 11 is going to Melbourne for McLean. Taylor Walker + Ben McKinnley = Midget-sized Bulldog forward line.

Leave the deals to Swann and Icke...

how about collingwood trade pick 14 + leon davies to west coast for pick 7 + ben mckinley.

collingwood then trade

pick 7 + ben mckinley + Dawes/Brown to carlton for fev + 3rd rounder

carlton then trade pick 7 + 2nd Rounder for T Walker

carlton lose
fev
2nd rounder
1st rounder

carlton gain
T walker
Brown/Dawes
Mckinley

forward line of

HF - Yarran-T Walker--Simpson
FF - Betts--McKinley--Kreuzer

Carlton would be getting absolutely screwed. Imagine losing Fev and your first and second round picks!??!

Way too complicated too imo.

Are u f***ing shiting me u dont think Fev is worth pick 7.:thumbsdown:

Hes a sacked 29 year old tosser on 700k a year. Isnt worth Spangher + McKinley in the end but due to the circumstances we will offer and you will rip our hands off id say

thats not our first rounder
that is the one recieved from the trade with west coast
we trade pick 11 for mclean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back