Fevola Trade (merged thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pies in the Mix

Bitch and moan all you want - the Blues message on their website and Fev's release through his manager suggests he will change clubs. Regardless of where he goes, Carlton simply will not get three gun players and a top draft pick. Just ask yourself, what did you pay for Judd? And you want almost double that for a Fevola with only a couple of years left?

Seriously, if we are talking, we are talking. But leave your impotent rage at the door. Making fun of us for finishing top four? What is that?

If you wont accept anything less than what you suggested I guess he is playing for Carlton next year. But from what I have seen in the press releases from Carlton and Fev's manager it just seems he wont be

Realisticaly Collingwood are closer to a flag that Carlton are.
I think that while they have improved,courtesy of some high draft picks ,they still have a lot of holes. Top midfield and Fevola won't net them a shot at the flag.
Carlton know this and the Fevola issue has just given them the opportunity to keep rebuilding.
In hindsite they made a big error with making Kennedy part of the Judd Trade.
They should have offered someone like Walker and still got the deal done.
Time to recruit more youg players either through the draft or from other clubs.
Cloke is still young and probably worth a shot plus pick 14 and maybe a Dick thrown in the mix.

The Fevola situation is no different to the Akermanis siuation at Brisbane, and the Bulldogs ended up getting him for next to nothing.

If Fevola's position is untenable, then Carlton are in no position to haggle.

And I can't see Eddie being generous to Carlton when you consider what he thinks of Greg Swann's defection.

If I was Collingwood, I'd offer up a 2nd round pick, take it or leave it.

Reid is learning the trade of CHB, has been coming along nicely from all reports. N.Brown and Reid will be replacing Presti and L.Brown down back i'd say.

Both players have a fair bit of upside, but Dawes is going to struggle to get game time with Cloke and Anthony in the team. A deal for Fev could well include Dawes as Carlton are desperate for key forwards (more so now).

Sensible trade would be Dawes and pick 14, and perhaps a swap of second and third round picks.

Dawes would get plenty of game time at Carlton and we could use pick 14 for anothe developing key forward.

Carlton can't win the flag next year anyway. Collingwood probably can with Fevola.

More than happy for you to drop out of the 8.. Fev staying at Carlton isn't an option unless you want to lose Judd and have the playing group split down the middle.. don't think for a second you hold any cards in this.. he will never play for you again and you'll have to eat a shit sandwich on this one

Pick 14 and Goldsack.. and even that is paying over the odds for a 29 year old nutjob.

on the one hand you say hes a 29 yo nut job and on the other you want him. What is he: a star player and coleman medalist (reigning) who will significantly increase your chances of winning a flag in which case pay up or a 29 yo nutjob in which case why is every collingwood supporter wanting to get him. You cant say on the one hand "Eddie get him no matter what" but dont pay the odds for him because hes no good.

Sensible trade would be Dawes and pick 14, and perhaps a swap of second and third round picks.

Dawes would get plenty of game time at Carlton and we could use pick 14 for anothe developing key forward.

Carlton can't win the flag next year anyway. Collingwood probably can with Fevola.

Well done. Very sensible post.

which developing key forward will be there at 14.?...IM glad your not in charge of trading...who is Dawes?...whats he done....not getting a gig t Collingwood.

Re: Carlton what will you be asking from fevolas clubs of choice either st kilda or hawthorn?

Carlton fans have to realise that they are not going to get Fevola's real trade value if he is traded. They will get the bare minimum. A late first rounder + a decent player.
They are kidding themselves if they think they'll get Goddard for Fev, Saints don't need Fev, they'll only take him if they don't have to give up much. Say pick 16 + maybe Ball/Maguire.
But, the only club that will probably take Fev is Collingwood and i'd imagine the deal would be around 14 + Dawes, if anything was to eventuate.
Fev being traded all depends on how much Carlton really want to get rid of him, if they are just doing this as a scare tactic, they he will stay, but if they actually want to get rid of him. The above scenario's are the most Carlton will get.

LOL if anyone thinks we'll get Goddard they have no idea, maybe if we threw in Murphy and Kreuzer.

Would Saints fans ever entertain the idea of Kosi?
If you had Fev he wouldn't be overly important.

anthony is an ok player, not a great player. I mean brad fisher kicked 30 or 40 goals one year, whats your point?

At age 21 with the oppositions best defender on him. What was Fishers accuracy like?

At the moment JA is a good young forward coming off 50 goals in his 2nd year at AFL level.

I'm thinking he'll be OK.

Wow! A proposal that is sensible and level headed. Who would have thought you'd ever see such a thing on BigFooty?!

carlton arent in the box seat with fevola, theyve pretty much sacked him and said more or less they dont want him at carlton.

Its nothing like the judd deal, carlton wont be getting 2 or 3 picks and a young player, anyone who thinks that is the case is insane.

Fev has 3 years at best left in him, is not wanted by his club and has a massive salary to be accounted for.

first round and second round pick and a young promising player is way too much

which developing key forward will be there at 14.?...IM glad your not in charge of trading...who is Dawes?...whats he done....not getting a gig t Collingwood.

Panos may be there at 14. If not there will be some other mid sized forwards at 14. We will have 2 second round picks to project some key forwards. Griffiths and Temal to name a few.

Dawes is a 195cm -100kilo -prospect. Looked OK in the few games he played. We will not get passed Geelong and St Kilda next year, so why not take the punt and try and set up for down the track.

We will not get a Reiwoldt, Franklin or J.Brown in a trade so lets get real. We have to take a punt on kids.

Re: Carlton what will you be asking from fevolas clubs of choice either st kilda or hawthorn?

The topic of this thread is all wrong, it should be "What will Carlton accept in exchange for a club taking Fev off their hands " ?.

The Blues have basically hung themselves out to dry on this one, and are going to get right royally screwed on any trade they do.

Golden boy Judd obviously doesn't want him to stay, Fev doesn't want to stay so it's hard to see how he will stay ?.

I think it's all going to come down to what is the least worst deal put on the table as opposed to the best deal.

Fev to the Saints for pick 17, Raph Clarke, Sam Cranage + the Blues pay half his salary ? Priceless.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i tbe interesting to see if the pies do get fevloa, any of you remember how vocal buckley was when fev was hugging and laughing with the st.kilda boys when carlton lost a game.

obviously bucks is taking over soon, youd think he have some input on recruiting, etc..

Pick 14 and Cloke

Under the odds for a genuine superstar who could Collingwood a premiership. Gives Carlton some sort of compensation.

carlton arent in the box seat with fevola, theyve pretty much sacked him and said more or less they dont want him at carlton.

Its nothing like the judd deal, carlton wont be getting 2 or 3 picks and a young player, anyone who thinks that is the case is insane.

Fev has 3 years at best left in him, is not wanted by his club and has a massive salary to be accounted for.

first round and second round pick and a young promising player is way too much

Carlton is very much in the box seat. WE are trading HIM. If we dont get what we want, we'll keep him. Its not like he is leaving and can threaten to go in the PSD. Fev can nominate who he wants but wont mean anything.

i tbe interesting to see if the pies do get fevloa, any of you remember how vocal buckley was when fev was hugging and laughing with the st.kilda boys when carlton lost a game.

obviously bucks is taking over soon, youd think he have some input on recruiting, etc..

would be a reason why Collingwood would not get Fevola. Bucks is not his biggest fan. However, Fev would be about to retire as Bucks takes the helm.

I'd say, if Collingwood pay for Fev's contract, that Pick 14 and Dawes is on the cards. But only if we pay for the contract.

Pick 14 and Dawes is a steal for the Coleman medallist. Actually its laughable any club would even entertain it for a guy of FEv's calibre. But at 29, with bad behaviour and if Cartlon are serious about moving him on...and Collingwood pay the contract...then it is a very reasonable deal.

I just don't think as a Collingwood supporter I'd be happy to see us spend so much on Fevola...700K is a lot. Although in a few years it would really free up our cap when he retires, which is when Sidebottom and Beams will start demanding the big bucks.

I'm up for a promising young KPP, but they ahve to at least be quite promising. IM not sure Dawes fits that bill or he would probably be getting a game. If it was 1 player and 14 then it would ahve to be Cloke or Anthony or perhaps Brown (N) at least we know there will be some compensation, thoughs till way under the odds but in the circumstances probably about all we will get

Carlton is not in a position of weakness for the following reasons:
  1. Fev is contracted, therefore Carlton doesn't risk losing him for nothing
  2. Carlton put him up for trade, so it is the clubs decision if he leaves, not Fev's or any other clubs
Carlton is not going to accept any trade that they believe will not adequetly replace the value of Fevola to the team and don't have to due to the above reasons.

Carlton is using proposed trading like a disciplinary tool as Essendon did with Lovett. They are not going to lose Fev without serious recompensation and if a first round pick and a developing player aren't put up i would think Carlton would just keep Fev

Carlton is very much in the box seat. WE are trading HIM. If we dont get what we want, we'll keep him. Its not like he is leaving and can threaten to go in the PSD. Fev can nominate who he wants but wont mean anything.

Then this is all just a hoax. Because Carlton must know that no one is going to pay market value for Fev at his age. This must all be a ploy to put the rocket up Fevola. It might work too.

But if Carlton are as serious as they say they are about trading him, then they are not going to get market value for him on the trade table at 29 years old.

Well judd was worth pick 3 and kennedy.
no way fev is worth more than judd.
if Carlton got pick 14 & dawes they should be do everything for that deal.
really he has 2 yrs of top line footy left and then perhaps another 2 yrs of average footy
let's not get to carried away carlton supporters

Apparently last night Trevor Woodhouse and Co have a phone conference to discuss Fevola and if they should pursue him. It has come out they are rather keen on pursuing him, even thou he is keen to stay in Vic, they believe they can woo him with a change of scenario and a position in a team that will be pushing finals next year, but obviously requiring strict contract conditions.

This will probably hit the news in couple days or so..

But with Fevola in the side (as Tony Notte is still a couple of years from fully developing) it would make a good full forward target which the eagles have lacked and also provide support for Lecras to move further up the ground, not been relied as on the main forward (normally getting the best defender).

The trade was talked about, in what would be required to land Fevola, and basically they are considering a move which would see Matthew Spangher (who is already keen to move back to Vic and the blues are keen on) + another player in a deal to secure Fevola.

The "other player" was to come from either Ashley Hansen (who is not to keen to leave but struggles for a spot behind Josh Kennedy and the blues have already spoken to) or Ben McKinley who signed a two year deal last year after being asked to return to vic (blues + essendon chased him) but he has been unhappy being left out of the side for parts of the year.

The other issue is his contract, which it is believed the eagles would prefer to frontload it due to the younger players not requiring such large payments yet (so paying the majority of the $700,000), then in 2011 to have Carlton pay a larger portion of the supposed $800,000 to allow for salary cap space.

The trade would fill the role of replacements for Carlton in a forward (albeit younger and lesser quality) and also a key position backmen who the Blues are dearly lacking, but also probably require a draft pick as well to be included, so in turn:

Matthew Spangher + Hansen/Mckinley + 3rd round pick.

Myself I think thats overpaying as Fev is a 28/29yr old with off field issues something the eagles dont require, but the club believes their internal structure and changes since Cousins can help Fev to change his lifestyle a bit, and the move may suit him.

you guys are all kidding yourselves, even collingwood supporters, no way will collingwood offer our first 2 picks and a good young player for someone who is 29 and a bad egg.
It's not like collingwood have to entice him off carlton, they want to move him on, if they are serious about moving him on they will have to lose on the deal to a degree.
Carlton supporters yapping on about players being dud's, seriously you guys have one of the weakest bottom 6 players in the league, it's only the strength of your guns that gets you through.
Any one of our young KPP's dawes, reid, brown would all be walk up starts at the blues, and we wont want to part with them because they'll be walk up's for our 22 next year.
No need for collingwood to sell the farm to get fev, the guy is 29, a bad influence and on $700k thats gonna make him hard to shift.

Dawes will be great, developing nicely. A big tank and great set of hands. He will play regularly at FF or CHF for the pies next year.

plenty of KPP in the draft around that stage... Panos, Griffen, Temel, Fitzpatrick, Thalia may still be there.

Re: Rumour: Eagles keen on Fevola

Jeezus, after the whole circus surrounding Cousins, Gardiner, Fletcher et al. and you want this bloke???

Surely not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back