Fevola Trade (merged thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official Fev to be traded - either saints of Hawks

Why not Essendon, we have plenty of space in our cap.

Ess lose: Pick #10, A.Lovett
Ess gain: B.Fevola

I would say we have the most cap space in the league with the loss of Lloyd, Lucs & Lovett.

Re: Pies in the Mix

Collingwood Lose: Medhurst + pick #14
Collingwood Gain: B.Fevola

Stop kidding yourselfs pies fans they dont want your overated one decent game young players that you continually overate in the football world, until opposition clubs laugh at you.

Wellingham, Sidebottom, Toovey, Mcaffa are all duds end of story.

Its all apart of the carlton plan, they putting him at their for trade like essendon did with lovett, but they wont trade him. They will be going backwards if they trade him, they simply disciplining him and trying to tell him one more bad step and your gone, hopefully he gets it this time.

I have heard that Pies will offer

Pick 14
Pick 30 (I think thats our 2nd rounder)
Chris Dawes

And that will be our offer

Then it looks like you wont be getting Fev and having a real crack at a Premiership. Seriously all three of those are speculative and history tells us that 2 of those will be nothing and the other average, there is no way we will do that.

You will have to upgrade pick 14 if not it will need to be pick 14 and 2 of Anthony, Brown and Thomas. I would put cloke in but apparantly he is off the table.

um, i didnt realise we were aiming for fourth, we would aim for 9th but thats a richmond thing. Fev has played on good and bad carlton teams. we made the finals and he kicked 80, yeah hes terrible! if he kept his shite together and this wasnt an issue we would be a pretty good team next yr.

i look at every premiership side too, funny there are not many collingwood ones in recent history. if you think the current collingwood team is going to win a flag as it is, well your taking what your selling.

I cant see to many carlton flags in recent history either. most people on bigfooty would not remember more than 1 carlton flag. You recent history is arguable just as bad as mine.

You response was just as predictable as I would expect from a carlton supporter. You also hit the nail on the head when you wrote and I quote "If he kept his shite together" I dont think you carlton supporters understand that therein lies the problem. He has big questions marks. To suggest he would be the difference between us making a pre-lim and winning a flag is typical Carlton Arrogance and iggnorance- a team wins a flag not one player and i think my point of the previous post proves this. I make a perfectly good argument based on history and your only comeback is to come up with the old predictable history line. I suggest all carlton supporters have a look in their own backyard and you will realise your recent history aint so good.

I have heard that Pies will offer

Pick 14
Pick 30 (I think thats our 2nd rounder)
Chris Dawes

And that will be our offer

That is still too much !
Dawes is 20 with plenty of upside.
Plus our first and second round picks ...........nah.

I would offer pick 14 and 30 .That's it.

Remember they are desperate not us.Fev has only 2 years left max.
What if he got injured? We would be F.....d !

soi based on your birlliant theory why has fev only played in one final(a losing final at that) in the time he has been at the club. If we are to give up what you stupidaly think a 29yo with baggage is worth then we will not win a flag. FFs can help you win flags if you have plenty of other good players around.

I look at just about every premiership side and they all have great backlines. I see quite a few win flags with just average forward lines and yet people think we should give up our best young defender.

Keep him(although your not making the decisions) because we are closer to winning a flag without him than your mob is with him.

You do realise he played in finals in 2000 (3 finals, won 1 lost 2 inc preliminary against Essendon) and 2001 (2 finals, won 1 lost 1). Not too bad considering the decade of hell Carlton has had ................... You know his career has stretched over more than just the post-salary cap penalties days ..............

Stop kidding yourselfs pies fans they dont want your overated one decent game young players that you continually overate in the football world, until opposition clubs laugh at you.

You think Sidebottom is a dud? Learn you footy you FLOG!!!!

Then it looks like you wont be getting Fev and having a real crack at a Premiership. Seriously all three of those are speculative and history tells us that 2 of those will be nothing and the other average, there is no way we will do that.

You will have to upgrade pick 14 if not it will need to be pick 14 and 2 of Anthony, Brown and Thomas. I would put cloke in but apparantly he is off the table.

Please Carlton fans use your brain

You blokes are getting rid of him because your CAPTAIN doesnt want him there and your CLUB cant CONTROL him

If he was 26 you could possibly get that his 29 though so your in fantasy land if you think you can land pretty much 3 first rounders because Thomas and Brown were first rounders and i would say Anthony would fetch a pick between 10 and 16

You blues are in lala land.

You say davies is too old?!!

Fev who relies on speed as he is leadup type of forward is 29 soon and at best has 2 good years left.

He's best you could argue is behind him.

Your dreaming if anyone will give more than a first round pick.

If he was 25-26 total different story.

Re: Carlton what will you be asking from fevolas clubs of choice either st kilda or hawthorn?

Carlton fans have to realise that they are not going to get Fevola's real trade value if he is traded. They will get the bare minimum. A late first rounder + a decent player.
They are kidding themselves if they think they'll get Goddard for Fev, Saints don't need Fev, they'll only take him if they don't have to give up much. Say pick 16 + maybe Ball/Maguire.
But, the only club that will probably take Fev is Collingwood and i'd imagine the deal would be around 14 + Dawes, if anything was to eventuate.
Fev being traded all depends on how much Carlton really want to get rid of him, if they are just doing this as a scare tactic, they he will stay, but if they actually want to get rid of him. The above scenario's are the most Carlton will get.

Saints Maybe as they have indicated that they are after another key foward (President Westaway said this after the GF), but I doubt the Hawks would. f$%k me, we are now the carlton of the last two years, or the collingwood of the yers preceding. Any time a rumour about a player leaving we are linked, just, well because. This is stupid.

Fev won't go, it's a ruse from Carlton to scare the crap out of him, let' stop with the million threads.
Correct! Fev to stay at Carlton.If not the blues are the stupidest idiots on the planet.

The most hilarious thing about Fevola going to Hawthorn is which one of Buddy or Fevola is going to spend the most time looking up at the scoreboard looking at themselves. These 2 players are numbers 1 & 2 in the AFL competition at doing this. These 2 spend more time watching themselves on the scoreboard than watching the general play. There is no way the Hawthorn football club can fit these 2 egos into the 1 team.
They could put Roughy at CHB. But all AFL players hog the camera. PS Fev is going no where for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

leave it, more than happy for you guys to finish top 4 without another flag again

Bitch and moan all you want - the Blues message on their website and Fev's release through his manager suggests he will change clubs. Regardless of where he goes, Carlton simply will not get three gun players and a top draft pick. Just ask yourself, what did you pay for Judd? And you want almost double that for a Fevola with only a couple of years left?

Seriously, if we are talking, we are talking. But leave your impotent rage at the door. Making fun of us for finishing top four? What is that?

If you wont accept anything less than what you suggested I guess he is playing for Carlton next year. But from what I have seen in the press releases from Carlton and Fev's manager it just seems he wont be

Thanks DonAthon, now run back to windy hill to spoon feed Laycock and Gumbleton.

Why not Essendon, we have plenty of space in our cap.

Ess lose: Pick #10, A.Lovett
Ess gain: B.Fevola

I would say we have the most cap space in the league with the loss of Lloyd, Lucs & Lovett.

That'd do it, I'd say. Though Dons have ruled themselves out of a play for Fev

You discredit yourself!

Pick 14 and Goldsack.. and even that is paying over the odds for a 29 year old nutjob.

He kicks lots and lots of goals, you know.

I think Pies would have to offer more than that, but then again if there's no other participants in the auction you'd be in a good place.

I'd say pick 14 and Nathan Brown would get you there

"Id give you A.Lovett + Pick 26 for Fev." - donAthon on what he would trade for Fev.

Geez Collingwood fans are unreasonable!!

More than happy for you to drop out of the 8.. Fev staying at Carlton isn't an option unless you want to lose Judd and have the playing group split down the middle.. don't think for a second you hold any cards in this.. he will never play for you again and you'll have to eat a shit sandwich on this one

Pick 14 and Goldsack.. and even that is paying over the odds for a 29 year old nutjob.
U idiot Judd wont leave if Fev stays that is a lood of shit how u think Judd sed it was either me or fev. U beleive that he sed that.:thumbsdown:

OMG!!!

U idiot Judd wont leave if Fev stays that is a lood of shit how u think Judd sed it was either me or fev. U beleive that he sed that.:thumbsdown:

OMG!!!

I don't know if this was what he was saying. I read in the Herald Sun (so it is almost certainly not true) that Judd was influential in the decision to offer Fev for trade

How is Ben Reid progressing. Wasnt he drafted as a key forward. Could he be used in a deal with pick 14.

Who is the most promising between Dawes and Reid?

You do realise he played in finals in 2000 (3 finals, won 1 lost 2 inc preliminary against Essendon) and 2001 (2 finals, won 1 lost 1). Not too bad considering the decade of hell Carlton has had ................... You know his career has stretched over more than just the post-salary cap penalties days ..............

To be honest I didnt. But forgive that was going back a few years. Perhaps I dont remember it because his performances in that time where not to memorable. In fact I can really only remember him playing pretty good footy in the last few years. The way you blokes keep banging on you would think he was dunstall or lockett in their mid 20s. He is good but it takes alot more than just fev to win a flag and we need to hold onto our young kpps as they would make up a balance side.

How is Ben Reid progressing. Wasnt he drafted as a key forward. Could he be used in a deal with pick 14.

Reid is learning the trade of CHB, has been coming along nicely from all reports. N.Brown and Reid will be replacing Presti and L.Brown down back i'd say.

Both players have a fair bit of upside, but Dawes is going to struggle to get game time with Cloke and Anthony in the team. A deal for Fev could well include Dawes as Carlton are desperate for key forwards (more so now).

I'd say Reid is more important to us than Dawes, given Presti is close to retirement. He is going to cement CHB next year. So hands off. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back