Multiplat FIFA 13

Remove this Banner Ad

It's interesting that all you guys seem to just straight into Manager Mode on FIFA titles. Do none of you play FM? I buy every FIFA game and im gonna pick up FIFA13 on Monday but it's only to play my brother and my mates, it's certainly not to play Manager Mode which sucks huge **** compared to FM.
So what you're saying is that the FIFA career mode has nothing on Football Manager, a franchise based on management alone.

No shit.

It's interesting that all you guys seem to just straight into Manager Mode on FIFA titles. Do none of you play FM? I buy every FIFA game and im gonna pick up FIFA13 on Monday but it's only to play my brother and my mates, it's certainly not to play Manager Mode which sucks huge **** compared to FM.

I think the big difference here is (I'm assuming here because I haven't played FM, so correct me if I'm wrong) you can actually play the games of football in Fifa where FM is simulated? We can have a say on results throughout the season and have the control of a manager at the same time.

In the end though it's each to their own :)

Yes, everyone here just plays career mode, nothing else.

after playing the game a bit more here are my thoughts (world class lvl)

PROS
*AI defense is much better in guarding the box, intercepting passes, in game tactic changes.
* Player strength actually means something, with weak players getting pushed off the ball and strong players able to handle body contact
* over all game tempo is sensational, with the defensive pressure being huge on turn overs and great reward for possession
* Finesse Shot is no longer a get out of Jail easy goal card.
* Transfers are improved with no longer 100+ million spent each time, and the ability to package players, and I love the ability to state a players role should they sign. Great way to get that depth player talent from a big club by offering 1st team action (like Tello from Barca)
* Player growth seems much improved, and especially loaned out players.
* Crowd sound is awesome as they respond to big plays with huge cheers. Love the sound of the crowd when a great cross or corner kick comes in and they go nuts.
*Love the unpredictability of passes and first touch...big tick
* Update player faces+++ Suarez actually looks like Suarez
* Long passing seems to be improved

CONS
* Power shots are improved which is great but are really just the new finesse shot (easy goals).
* Crossing is still flawed in offense and defense. particularly defense with best defenders still getting beaten regularly by shitty forwards and mids. Defending corners is a big pain in the arse.
* The new giving a player role offer and inquiry in contracts is great in the transfer market, but would be awesome in current player contracts as well (A bit picky I know)
* The player marking is still useless and just doesnt work. Nothing more frustrating then picking a player to mark and try and shut down only to see the defender never go near him and actually make runs forward.
* The AI ability to clear a ball blindly and land it time and time again at the feet of the 1 forward sitting in the middle of 3+ defenders is bloody frustrating
* Free Kicks are crap still
* Speed is now pointless for offense, as slow defenders seem to have a 200% boost when caught way out of position. It is much harder to get a good through ball play working now (which is great) but the one time it does work the defenders all the sudden have super human closing speed, and despite if they may have say 70 speed verse a 90+ speed forward/winger.
* The late game pressure of AI when they are 1 goal behind is just crazy still with all teams turning into a super charged Barca clone!!!! Dont mind the tactic but despite the AI rushing forward it is near impossible still to catch them out on the counter. They intercept, tackle, and close down every thing with a huge speed boost despite being fatigued. Hated it in fifa 12 and it pisses me off in Fifa 13 more
* Volleys arent as effective
* 1-1 goal attempts are still favoured to the goalies both in offense and defense
* Player fatigue energy lvls after/before games seems to be almost no existent and doesnt force you to have squad depth
* Game freezing not cool!

The thing that is worrying be at the moment is that every game i am scoring the same goals over and over, like passing around through the middle, slow-build up then once i have some space and time, firing it into the net with either Rooney or RVP.

The thing that is worrying be at the moment is that every game i am scoring the same goals over and over, like passing around through the middle, slow-build up then once i have some space and time, firing it into the net with either Rooney or RVP.
What difficulty?

Career story

Team: Liverpool
Board expectation: Win the league! WTF!!!
Players out (sold): Downing, cole, Reina, Enrique, Coady, Pacheco, Carragher, Coates. No surprised here
Players out (loaned): Yesil, Suso, Wisdom. English lower league clubs All growing nicely with 3-4 lvl up after just 10 games.
Players in
*Andre Schurrle...Awesome buy, and made even better as most the transfer cost was done with using downing as a player swap. Winning!!!!!!!!. He has pace and is a awesome long shot
* Tello...took a while to get him as I had to offer him 1st team action. Grows quickly. Most impressive is that I manage to buy him for 1-2 million under his value. Never happened in fifa before for me.
* Lewandowski...spent most of my original transfer cash on him. Valued at 22m, but had to pay 27m. After 10 games though he has had a huge growth and is now valued at 28m. smart player, with great att position. Awesome poacher for Suarez's regular misses.
* Butland...cheap cheap buy and not hard to talk him into coming to a big club. A little inconsistent as expected but my career goal keeper.
*Boilesen...a 20yr old LB from Ajax I got in Fifa 12. Great growth to compete with robinson with for a spot in the future
* David Alaba...A young LB from Bayern Munich. Great buy with loads of potential and buckets of speed. Picked up a 8 week injury but :(

Best win
3-0 against Man U. Was still a hard game with 2 goals coming late. Was struggling to score before this game and kick some absolute screamers
Worst loss
5-4 against chelsea...mainly because Butland got red carded when I had the lead and I had no keeper on the bench...oops. hence they rained in the goals. I got a couple late lucky counter attack goals to make it look close but it was a real shit day at the office
Worse Game
1-1 v Norwich. They were dead last without a single point, and I had just came off a huge win against MU. Played like shit, and very lucky to sneek a draw in the end.

I found that at the start, but now I am working out other ways to attack and finish. except crossing, as I either suck or it is still flawed.

I love the 1st touch in this game as it can open up opportunities to slammed some volley goals

I get FIFA every year as well and although I do like it, I reckon I end up playing Football Manager more. I buy FIFA as I do like playing actual games, but I enjoy more the buying and selling, developing young players and pretty much most of what you do as a manager (but I ain't no ****ing wheeler and dealer). I buy FIFA pretty much for career mode, I don't play it enough to play online - not to mention the lag is horrendous for me most of the time. It's also a game I buy so mates that come over can play.

It's an awesome game, however the constant freezing/signing out business is terrible. I can't play online at the moment due to my online pass not active and 'I do not have permission to use one' despite activating it when I got the game.

Going to ask some of you from here, going to be doing a YouTube series for a career mode, can't figure out what team to go though? I went Cardiff City in my last one on FIFA 12, would like to use someone different but don't want to use an EPL team, I would like to try and get them promoted.

Anyone got an idea?

How far down the English leagues? Crewe Alex are a good League 2 team with Max Clayton their gun young player. Crawley Town aswell are quite good. Leicester City in the Championship are good with some really good young players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How far down the English leagues? Crewe Alex are a good League 2 team with Max Clayton their gun young player. Crawley Town aswell are quite good. Leicester City in the Championship are good with some really good young players.
As far down as Cardiff City aha. Main goal to get to the play offs.

Thanks for those too btw.

I put Melbourne Victory into Npower League 2. Yeah it's unrealistic, my mates have scoffed at me, but it's so much fun and a real challenge on WC.

Bought the level 40 ''scout a star'' (got a goal keeper from it!) and am just saving for the international manager to get control of Aus.

You said it was one of the worst songs on the album! :D
It is, but it's still better than most of the stuff on FIFA 13.

So players are going +3 in their overall after a handful of games? Hmm. Sounds like they've gone from one extreme to the other.

Freekicks will be the big update next year. Bookmark it.

EA Servers are going to be down between 3am - 6am GMT for scheduled maintenance, which is 1pm - 4pm in Melbourne.
Fixing the servers I hope..

Anyone else found that corner's are a lot different to FIFA 12? I struggle so much to actually land a decent cross, it's either too far, or too short now.

During maintenance, we will address the following issues:

· Users disconnecting from the FIFA Ultimate Team Auction House on consoles or the Web App.
· Users getting disconnected while trying to buy Ultimate Team packs with FIFA Points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat FIFA 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Back