Multiplat FIFA 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this because people use custom formation/tactics?
Nah, I haven't played online yet. This is manager mode. The other thing is that it's inconsistent. Played Watford and they were really attacking, and they were easy to get through: 3-0. Played them in a cup tie or something, 0-0, and a tight structure.

Picked up Moutinho, at the start of my Spurs career, for 19.5 million pounds. More than I would have liked to pay, but he's a gun. Gets in awesome positions, and has already scored two goals and had two assists in his first two games. It hasn't made Sandro happy though, as he's been pushed to the bench; usually comes on after 60 mins for Parker though.

Tried to get Lewandowski for 17mil pounds, but couldn't agree to personal terms. Went up to 90K a week but he didn't except it, so will hopefully get him in 6-12 months when he's a bit cheaper and I can offer more per week.

Started well, 2 wins and a draw, but it seems like some games are so easy. Smashed Norwich and WBA 3-0, but struggled to 1-0 against Norwich in the cup.

Geez, after scoring for fun in FIFA 11, have had a very slow start on manager mode with Liverpool, and have resorted to moving from Pro to Semi-Pro to avoid getting sacked. Finding it very frustrating the amount of times a shot is blocked or saved, only for the opposite team to have one chance in the game and put it away. But then semi-pro is way too easy.

Not sure if anyone else is having trouble scoring, but I found for 1v1s against the keeper, manual shooting setting allows a bit more control

Geez, after scoring for fun in FIFA 11, have had a very slow start on manager mode with Liverpool, and have resorted to moving from Pro to Semi-Pro to avoid getting sacked. Finding it very frustrating the amount of times a shot is blocked or saved, only for the opposite team to have one chance in the game and put it away. But then semi-pro is way too easy.

Not sure if anyone else is having trouble scoring, but I found for 1v1s against the keeper, manual shooting setting allows a bit more control

Yeah my shots are getting blocked quite a bit, but not finding it hard to score. Have score 7 goals in 3 BPL games so far, but have hit the post countless times on pro. I found it harder to score on 12, personally. But then again, I've only played 3 games, and two were against Norwich and WBA. UT has been a bit harder to score though.

I usually play on semi/manual, but have so far started out on auto (except crosses) untill I adjust. Might change to manual shooting and see how it goes, cause it feels like the shots are regularly going the other way to what I intended.

Good to see superhero mode still exists for the AI when losing. :rolleyes:

Went 5-0 up before halftime playing Everton on Legendary before they came out in the second half and were pretty much unplayable.

They got it back to 5-3 before the 58th minute and I had to ride my luck a bit for the rest of the match. Scored a late one and ended 6-3 but could've easily lost it.

Yeah my shots are getting blocked quite a bit, but not finding it hard to score. Have score 7 goals in 3 BPL games so far, but have hit the post countless times on pro. I found it harder to score on 12, personally. But then again, I've only played 3 games, and two were against Norwich and WBA. UT has been a bit harder to score though.

I usually play on semi/manual, but have so far started out on auto (except crosses) untill I adjust. Might change to manual shooting and see how it goes, cause it feels like the shots are regularly going the other way to what I intended.

I never played 12, so maybe have a bit more adjusting to do, but yeah, full manual controls for me, though only recently switched to full manual shooting.

And I share your hitting the post annoyance. Passing is more difficult as there seems less space, and defenders tend to sit deep and are actually good at defending. Shame I was never a dribbler.
Oh well, plenty of time to learn again

10 games into my season and the title is already slipping away lol. Man City are 1st on 29 points while i am 2nd on 22 points, City have a game in hand :(

Last game i played was against Arsenal at OT, i had to win it but lost 3-1, they were pretty much unplayable, their passing was incredible and they sliced open my defence the whole match.

Doing excellent in the CL group stages though.

I don't understand how people can play with manual. I am dreadful at it.
Takes a bit of adjusting, but once you get better you can knock passes to anywhere you want, instead of those stupid times where you want to pass to the open guy, but the auto direction passes to the guy with 7 opposition players on him.

Manual is fun as :) and when you screw up you can only blame yourself. But yeah, having played manual for the best part of a year on 11, and now in 13, i still can't hit some decent one touch combos. Ball always seems to get mistimed and just bobble a metre away, or shoot out of bounds.

I also doubt I'll win the title for Liverpool, 10 points off first after 8 games, which I guess is fair enough, but the board wants me to win everything for some reason, without giving any decent $$. Loan with buy options have been my friend, El Shaarawy & Iturbe as young guns are terrific on the wings, German keeper 'ter Stagen' or something is supposed to become amazing, but Courtois was on loan so couldn't get him. Bye Pepe.

And also found Borussia easy to deal with, Hummels for 20 Mill pounds was pretty good

Played two games in two days (Thursday and Saturday) in NOVEMBER only. What a joke.

the schedule is the only thing i am not liking with this at the moment...in October of my first season i had 12 games in the month!! including 4 in a week and another four in 8 days

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the schedule is the only thing i am not liking with this at the moment...in October of my first season i had 12 games in the month!! including 4 in a week and another four in 8 days
Yeah it's quite ridiculous. And the amount your players get fatigued is annoying, considering you can't rest them from training etc.

Have been playing a bit of manager mode with my beloved QPR. In previous FIFA's I've tended to play online a greater deal but this time I thought I'd give the QPR job a go.

I started off by delisting a few spuds and grabbing a few future stars in Sterling, Musa (PACE MACHINE) and some other bloke from Chelsea who was doing just fine. I was cruising through the season on professional difficulty and placed at 2nd and was looking at a spot in the Champions League. This is when everything turned to poo and I, for some idiotic reason accepted a job offer at Arsenal(bigger budget) who having nothing on my QPR boys.

Is there any way to go back to a previous club in manager mode. Fair to say I'm spewing!:thumbsdown:

Have been playing a bit of manager mode with my beloved QPR. In previous FIFA's I've tended to play online a greater deal but this time I thought I'd give the QPR job a go.

I started off by delisting a few spuds and grabbing a few future stars in Sterling, Musa (PACE MACHINE) and some other bloke from Chelsea who was doing just fine. I was cruising through the season on professional difficulty and placed at 2nd and was looking at a spot in the Champions League. This is when everything turned to poo and I, for some idiotic reason accepted a job offer at Arsenal(bigger budget) who having nothing on my QPR boys.

Is there any way to go back to a previous club in manager mode. Fair to say I'm spewing!:thumbsdown:

Had to have a bit of a laugh about that. :D

In all seriousness though i don't know how you can go back to a pervious club. Maybe see out the season with Arsenal then see what clubs want you, QPR might be in the running and then you'll be able to go back to them. See if you have an old save from your QPR season that you can load up.

Had to have a bit of a laugh about that. :D

In all seriousness though i don't know how you can go back to a pervious club. Maybe see out the season with Arsenal then see what clubs want you, QPR might be in the running and then you'll be able to go back to them. See if you have an old save from your QPR season that you can load up.

Will Do :)

I can't recommend Josh Kennedy enough. Starts out as a free agent, and I wouldn't be paying him more than £3,000. He's scored 11 league goals and should end up on about 15-ish, which isn't bad for a mid-table striker. Aside from him, the goals are getting shared around, so that's good.

Michael Chopra is a massive spud as well. I might try and grab Nugent this off-season. Any good Champions defensive midfielders, wingers, and maybe strikers?

And I'm interested about the national team thing. Anyone got a gig?

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat FIFA 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Back