Multiplat FIFA 15

Remove this Banner Ad

No.

There was a discussion a page or two back where EB were not going to price match if you pick it up at midnight. I went down today and they were happy to price match and give me a copy at midnight.
ah no worries.

are Doncaster doing a midnight release? bloody hell, FIFA has come a long way

ah no worries.

are Doncaster doing a midnight release? bloody hell, FIFA has come a long way
Yeah quite a few are, heres a list for Victoria

VIC:
All stores open 10pm, unless noted.

EB Altona – 11pm
EB Broadmeadows
EB Craigieburn
EB Doncaster (Ground Floor)
EB Epping Plaza
EB Fountain Gate
EB Geelong – 11pm
EB Highpoint
EB Keysborough
EB Melbourne Central – 11pm
EB Melton – 11pm
EB Northlands
EB Plenty Valley
EB Southlands
EB Swanston Street
EB Watergardens
EB Werribee Plaza – 9pm

Don't think it will be very busy..

Southland represent. A couple of the dudes in there are really cool. I have no beef with EB, they're always happy to price match, I trade regularly so I'm not buying every game and they give me dem carrots.

No midnight launch for me tonight though. I usually do so I can much into new pixels as soon as I get home from work the next day but Thursday night shopping tomorrow so I can just wait until then.

excited-spongebob (3).jpg

How do you price match? Just open your phone and show them how cheap a competitor is selling for? And who is selling it for cheapest – Dick Smith for like $70 right?

They are being ultra strict with this one. I've had the last two or three before launch through work but as I rolled up to pick it up this afternoon they shook their heads. And they are family.

I regret some gloating earlier in this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This might be a silly question, but if Target/Big W are selling it for $68...why price match at EB? Why not just go to the store that is selling it cheap.

Target had taken out all the discs/manuals from the case when I was there last year for FIFA 14, I'll only buy sealed copies.

Plus JB has pre-order bonuses that I may get to keep even after price matching.

EB trade in policies and values are f***ing disgusting though which isn't the employees fault but it's still rage building.

I tend to only shop at EB for Steam wallet funds these days. Actually in recent years it might be a last resort place to buy MS Points, PSN Credit etc. I don't agree with how they store their game discs..... (that being said i stopped buying games from Target, K-Mart and Big W for the same reason - unless i got a sealed copy on day 1 of a new release such as GTA V when that came out). The 7 day return policy might be good to exploit, but the next person that buys a "new" copy of the same game could be getting the copy that you just returned - clearly makes the game not new. It would stuff up their profit margins but 7 day returns should not be resold as new.

Back on to the topic of Fifa, i am still flip flopping over whether i should purchase the pc version or not. I skipped 14, keen on 15.... have seen some of the bug posts and that kind of concerns me.

Everytime I've been to the EB there they've been great.

I've had great experiences at the Chadstone one also. The girrrlady there that I always seem to get is super smiley and helpful, searched out the back for the last copy of Madden for me last week.

EB trade value might not be brilliant but once you have a card with them its super painless, have found the same with price matching. The few times I've done either at JB it's been a pain.

Back on to the topic of Fifa, i am still flip flopping over whether i should purchase the pc version or not. I skipped 14, keen on 15.... have seen some of the bug posts and that kind of concerns me.

If you'll be be playing online modes it's a must get on console.

I've had great experiences at the Chadstone one also. The girrrlady there that I always seem to get is super smiley and helpful, searched out the back for the last copy of Madden for me last week.

EB trade value might not be brilliant but once you have a card with them its super painless, have found the same with price matching. The few times I've done either at JB it's been a pain.

I actually gave some games to Cash Converters recently, got more for them all there than i would have at EB or JB Hifi (many of them were games JB were selling for $5 or less pre-owned). I'm aware i lose money in the process, but i'm happy i got something back for them PLUS i now have room for fresh games (instead of leaving the unplayed games around as drink coasters). Had i got them all when they were new release titles i would have said goodbye to $3000 worth of games....... the majority were game clearances titles ($10-$30 at most) from various stores purchased around 2009-2012. I spent around $800, got just under $400 back.

If you'll be be playing online modes it's a must get on console.

I havn't played Fifa online (heavily anyway) on console since Fifa 09/10. I purchased 12 on both 360 and pc, wound up spending more time on the pc version, so when 13 came out i purchased the pc version exclusively (even then i played the EASFC online, didn't touch FUT and only had a few online season matches).

I've been tempted to get a ps4/xbo but can't justify it for one game at this stage, would be cool to link up with a Fifa community and have regular games though.

Cant wait for midnight release tonight!! Been playing the life out of this demo. Love but also hate how the jew goal is back.

Tempted for the midnight release (or in my case 11pm) but considering it's pissing rain and I'll be in town for uni tomorrow morning anyway... nah. It can wait. And I'd be paying $89 at EB anyway (for a PS3 game, ludicrous) when I could pay $68 or whatever it is at Target

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat FIFA 15

Remove this Banner Ad

Back