Final Days Rumors.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogs are apparently looking at Aaron Elari (Perth), bottom aged, blonde haired, small midfielder/forward that has a bit of zip (not too disimilar from Sheahan from Vic Country but with better footskills) with a 2nd rounder.

Dogs are apparently looking at Aaron Elari (Perth), bottom aged, blonde haired, small midfielder/forward that has a bit of zip (not too disimilar from Sheahan from Vic Country but with better footskills) with a mid to late round pick.
We only have two live picks - both in the second round. The kid's too young to be rookied. He may end up at GC.

But as previously mentioned- recruiters keep their cards close to their chest- and if rumours are released, they may just be clubs trying to trick others- ala the rumour that the Dogs being very keen on Robbie Tarrent that may have prompted the Roos to take him at 15.
We were actually interested in Tarrant though, we were wanting either him or Callan Ward at 19 (who we eventually got). Spanner in the works was Alex Rance slipping - Clayton expected him to go early, as he was our second choice for pick 5 (wanted Grant first, but wouldn't announce is because there was a hope that Cal Morton would slip, who Clayton rated highly but expect to go top 4). We would have had a difficult decision until Richmond took Rance at 18.

Ok-this is whats going on straight from the mouth of a recently sacked recruiting person.

1.Nat-is a bad risk if he leaves Perth so no one will touch him except WA clubs.
2.Watts to Melb 100%
3.Hill will not go top 10 its all bluff
4.Charlie Sharples is being talked up by everyone and will be the smokey
5.Tom Swift doctors report came back fantastic and could go 5-10
6.Sam Wright is the forgotton player in this draft and will be a steal
7.Suban is Sydneys 1 choice
8.Ashley Smith will go early doing a sweeping job across halfback Collingwood
9.Never take backman early in the draft(Ask Essendon & Richmond)
10.Ziebell is the safe bet in this draft
11.Matthew Deboer will be the best tager in the next 10 years
12.Sam Blease-is a clone of current Nth Melb player great pick up
13.Bulldogs want Sharples and Post
14.Beams is the Selwwod of this draft
15.Zach Clark is the best value Ruckman in this draft 2003cm and growing
16.Good luck in the draft and like Christmas hope you get what you need.

Ok-this is whats going on straight from the mouth of a recently sacked recruiting person.

1.Nat-is a bad risk if he leaves Perth so no one will touch him except WA clubs.
2.Watts to Melb 100%

This is pretty much identical to everything I have heard. I think your guy is on the money.

1. I really don't see that happening, seems like a smart kid that wouldn't **** over the club.
2. Fine by me - Naitanui is the one I want
3. Totally agree, had him around the 15-25 mark & really haven't seen what warrants a top 3 pick in this years draft.
5. Good to hear
7. Very Sydney like player, hard with low center & above average kicking
9. Don't fully agree with that but has plenty of merit going on the amount of key defenders late in the draft.
10. Totally agree
11. Huge engine, good pace & can find the ball with ease, hope west coast get him at 36
12. Really liked him after the champs - could be very good value
14. Which Selwood ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not suggesting he's a chance to go first round are you? Any links to anyone other than WB (who can't take him until late 2nd)?

Wow, he's huge!!!!:D But seriously, would be a good project pick-up with a low or rookie selection.

1. I really don't see that happening, seems like a smart kid that wouldn't **** over the club.

Yes I am sure you know the kid and his background well enough to make such a judgement LOL :rolleyes:

The truth is no one on bigfooty would know this. Only recruiters with access to psychological testing would be able to make such a judgement.

I'm pretty sure I was the first person on bigfooty to post that Naita was considered a flight risk. Now everyone is coming out of the woodworks and saying: yes, this is how people see it. Gee, I wonder how I knew this. :cool:

2.Watts to Melb 100%
I hope we don't consider Ash Smith at 11. Too early for a bloke who kicks to too many contests (may be able to work this out and he is a good kick no doubt). Would rather Swift or Beams.

Clarke at 2003cms is too tall for AFL. The umpires can't bounce the ball that high. ;)

I wouldn't mind De Boer in the third for the specific role of tagger. I thinnk that will be his lot in life.

I hope we don't consider Ash Smith at 11. Too early for a bloke who kicks to too many contests (may be able to work this out and he is a good kick no doubt). Would rather Swift or Beams.

Clarke at 2003cms is too tall for AFL. The umpires can't bounce the ball that high. ;)

I wouldn't mind De Boer in the third for the specific role of tagger. I thinnk that will be his lot in life.

Nobody can, unless it was a superball.

2.Watts to Melb 100%

Ill be keeping track of that post. Will be interesting to see if any of it pans out.

I dont mind the look of De Boer actually and wouldnt mind seeing him slip to Collingwood with one of our 2 picks in the 40's but dont know if he'll slip that far. Think we need a tagger really bad...we are one of the only clubs that don't tag, yet always get smashed in the middle.

Anyways, interesting post and I'll keep an eye on it

honestly from what i have read....whatever you pick up this draft...in the top 50 you should be happy with...

is this going to another super draft??

would WCE be considering Hartlett or am I overrating him

Either Naitanui or Watts it seems (whoever Melbourne don't pick), but wouldn't surprise if they rated him over Rich. He'd be better suited to Subiaco and seems more of a WCE style midfielder than Rich does.

Remove this Banner Ad

Final Days Rumors.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back