Final Days Rumors.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Brad Mangan to Pies 3rd round pick

Lock it in:thumbsu:
Where did you hear that from mate?

Well that would be believable because he would be there at pick 56

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if this eventuates... in fact I've considered Mangan to be in contention at our 45th/46th selections for about a month, and would be quite happy for it to pan out that way.

Has been linked to us for a while. Think you could be on the money.

Has been linked to us for a while. Think you could be on the money.
Think it was mentioned earlier this month so this looks very likely.

Video of Mangan:

[YOUTUBE]SByMg045KC4[/YOUTUBE]

Old news ;)

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=458953&page=27
bradowe#32 - 16 Sep 2008, 00:58

A bit of interesting information;

I was listening to the Goulburn Valley FL best and fairest count on the radio. Ashlea Mangan won the best and fairest for the A grade netballers. She has a brother, Brad, that plays with the Murray Bushrangers. She was asked if he was a chance of getting drafted, and replied that Collingwood and Geelong had both talked to him.

Here's his footydraft profile;

Brad Mangan – 185cm, 83kg –Murray Bushrangers.
Used predominately as a forward . His work rate is good and he keeps moving and presenting around half forward. Has reasonable pace and knows where to lead and when not to be in the way. Takes a good contested mark and his skills are pretty good. Can find a bit of the ball and kick goals.
Bottom aged kid who has kept improving all year.

Stats are here: http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_in...-67827-8061013

If Melbourne take Naitanui he will be back in Perth within 3 years. Thats why they won't take him.

Spoken to his twin brother Mark, if Nic goes ther all going, wouldnt settle in melbourne then come back to perth.

I would think Collingwood would take a safer option at 12 like Sidebottom than taking a risk with Swift (Think Geelong will pick him up, Can afford to take the risk at 16)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I've heard, speaking to a few players.....this is how the top 10 might shape up.

1. Watts
2. Naitanui
3. Hill
4. Rich
5. Yarran
6. Hurley
7. Ziebell
8. Hartlett
9. Swift
10. Davis

I would think Collingwood would take a safer option at 12 like Sidebottom than taking a risk with Swift (Think Geelong will pick him up, Can afford to take the risk at 16)

We have pick 11 and I agree I think we will take Steele plus pies like Big Game Players and well just look what he did in the TAC GF:eek:

I've heard from someone who is very close to him that Steven Motlop is an absolute certainty to go to Port Adelaide at pick 42.

I've heard from someone who is very close to him that Steven Motlop is an absolute certainty to go to Port Adelaide at pick 42.
That would be no big surprise

From what I've heard, speaking to a few players.....this is how the top 10 might shape up.

1. Watts
2. Naitanui
3. Hill
4. Rich
5. Yarran
6. Hurley
7. Ziebell
8. Hartlett
9. Swift
10. Davis

From what you have heard speaking to a few players? Come on, are you for real?
how would a player know who the top 10 will be. Recruiters aim to keep their cards very close to their chest. I doubt any player would know who their repsective clubs will pick up. Apart from Melbourne the clubs themselves are not even sure who they will pick up. At all comes down to who is gone by the time your pick comes around. chances are most clubs will not have even settled on there order of preference.

Certainty hey? more bigfooty crap. He may well end there but please dont use certainty. No one is a certainty. Not sure if you have worked this out yet but there are 41 numbers before 42 which means no one is a certainty at pick 42

We have pick 11 and I agree I think we will take Steele plus pies like Big Game Players and well just look what he did in the TAC GF:eek:

ffs dave, this is about the 10th person you said we might take or should take or think we will take. Its not that anyone here actually thinks your opinion holds any weight, its just bloody annoying. Any chance you could have an opinion and stick to it instead of agreeing with everyone. I reckon someone could come on here and say we are looking at re-drafting brayden shaw with our first pick and your reply would be "I wouldn't mind that actually" Get off the fence dave!!!

Yes I am bloody grumpy this morning!!!!

From what you have heard speaking to a few players? Come on, are you for real?
how would a player know who the top 10 will be. Recruiters aim to keep their cards very close to their chest. I doubt any player would know who their repsective clubs will pick up. Apart from Melbourne the clubs themselves are not even sure who they will pick up. At all comes down to who is gone by the time your pick comes around. chances are most clubs will not have even settled on there order of preference.
I wasnt talking about current players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Final Days Rumors.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back