Final Days Rumors.....

Remove this Banner Ad

I have to agree, Nick Nat will be the centre of attention in the West, if he moved East then it would allow him time to develop.

I agree with that to an extent, but I think he's going to have the microscope on him wherever he goes. He'll either be the local boy one of Freo or West Coast pick up or be made in to the saviour of the Melbourne football club by the media/some fans before he's played a game. Hopefully he's able to deal well with the pressure wherever he ends up.

FWIW, there's a guy on demonland.com who claims to have a source stating the Dees will be taking Naitanui for the last week, so LTAM's claims may have merit.

OK WC draft well because we always choose the best available. If Watts is available at 2, i hope we dont pick him. Private school boy will leave back to Melbourne and we'll lose a top pick and waste 2 years of development we could have put into Rich.

If Naitanui goes #1, then WC must take Rich at #2.

It's no rumour - I have confirmed the souces with 2 people in the media that have been routinely reliable over the years.

West Coast are going tall at selection 2 & the Dees are VERY likely taking Naitanui with Selection 1 - Watts is a very bright kid & has his head screwed on straight & will fit in very well with the Victorian boys at West Coast.

For West Coast it's a decision between Natanui & Watts - clearly the 2 most valuable prospects in the draft & West Coast will be taking the one that the Dees don't pick.

No naming of sources - people start having trust issues which means risk of systemic failure of the drafting news system

I heard Watts to Dees is DONE

We'll see.

If we really did get Watts we would be set for the next 10 years. Pay him watever he wants to stay in the west and we will finally have the best forward line we have ever had - Watts, Kennedy, McKinley, Lecras. In 3 years time it could be one of the best in the AFL...we just need a crumber.

assuming the eagles do get watts, please allow the kid to at least play one AFL game before declaring the eagles will have their best forwardline ever etc...lets not get carried away!

if melbourne do choose natanui i think it could work out better for them, they need a star ruckman which he could be, they need a marketable player - with his looks natanui can indeed be that. there is a lot of merit in selecting him over watts for the dees. i'm not buying into he would go "home" to perth given he originally hails from fiji anyway...

i think its a win all round for both players and clubs if it pans out this way.

melbourne get a ruckman they need, natanui won't have dean cox holding him back from no.1 ruck spot.

eagles get a key forward they need, watts gets to play in an and upcoming side with a good young midfield supplying him.

When did Carlton announce they'd be taking Kreuzer last year ?

About 10:01 am on Saturday morning ;).

Seriously IIRC WH only knocked on his door a few nights before the draft, and despite the strong rumours, it was never announced by the club prior to the draft. I am prepared to stand corrected though

Port still rank as follows

Vickery
Yarran
Rich

from what i know, Rich will slide past the Bombers to, because they have their heart set on Yarren if Hill goes earlier than their pick

i think the Blues will still go Hurley over Rich as well so i think he may end up a Lion

About 10:01 am on Saturday morning ;).

Seriously IIRC WH only knocked on his door a few nights before the draft, and despite the strong rumours, it was never announced by the club prior to the draft. I am prepared to stand corrected though

Yep, pretty sure that's what happened. Never remember it being announced before the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

there has been alot of talk about tom swift to collingwood
with the hearaldsun and inside footy
saying he will go to pies with pick 11
and there is allso whispers about him going to brisbane with pick 7
with voss rating this kid as the best under 16 player he has seen in years
that was 2 years ago and i say with those comments voss will be tempeted to draft this kid
and this storey was featured on channel 10 news

Geez, has everyone forgotten that this kid has already had a knee reco and is only 18 yrs old!

Found an article on it ... gilly and Cruise were right, they didn't announce it before the draft, but mentioned they informed Kreuzer on Wednesday evening.

Port still rank as follows

Vickery
Yarran
Rich

from what i know, Rich will slide past the Bombers to, because they have their heart set on Yarren if Hill goes earlier than their pick

i think the Blues will still go Hurley over Rich as well so i think he may end up a Lion

if you're right and Essendon pass on Rich I'm going to throw myself off of...

the bell tower :eek:

there is seriously nothing respectable to throw yourself off of in Perth!

I can see us recruiting another defender in Lisle and he will probably be the best KPP prospect come our pick.

Probably depends on how confident we are at getting a gun midfielder at pick 29. If we think we can get Hannebury or Beams at 29 then we may well do this.

I for one am hoping we take the best available mid at both 11 and 29. Think our midfield woes far outweigh our defensive woes at the minute.

But Lisle would complete our spine in 3 years.

Brown
Lisle
Pendlebury/Swan
Cloke
Dawes

But i reckon we throw Anthony down back where he belongs and go mids mids mids

That is a terrible, terrible, spine..

have heard from a couple of source's that confirm comments above.

order will pan out as follows:

1-watts
2-natanui
3-hill
4-vickery
5-yarran
6-hurley

rich to slide. freo prefer hill, port will consider him but have long wanted vickery, essendon rate yarran and carlton need/want hurley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Final Days Rumors.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back