Mega Thread Finals Ticketing Thread: Keep it here and please read the OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know if your name is printed on the AFL member ticket?

Reason I ask is that I was lucky enough to get a standing room ticket in the ballot, however I would much prefer a seat. I am an Afl silver member and was thinking I could use a mates barcode (if there are tix left for other club silver members) and give my standing ticket away.

If I get pulled up, I have my silver AFL hawks member card & ID, but if the ticket has a different name on it I'm in trouble...
I don't believe they print names on them mate

Anyone know if your name is printed on the AFL member ticket?

Reason I ask is that I was lucky enough to get a standing room ticket in the ballot, however I would much prefer a seat. I am an Afl silver member and was thinking I could use a mates barcode (if there are tix left for other club silver members) and give my standing ticket away.

If I get pulled up, I have my silver AFL hawks member card & ID, but if the ticket has a different name on it I'm in trouble...
Actually scratch that - $355 a ticket for silver members !!

Need to pick up my ticket to tell you.
Every upgrade ticket I've bought this year has had my name on it.
Even my general admin ticket from last week had my name on it as its all linked to your ticketek account.
So maybe I could use my mates barcode under my ticketek account...

Just checking if this happened to a lot of members.
I have been a silver member since 2005, back when we had less then half the members. Got good seats, M51 M row. Over the years had noted that the new people around me were Gold / Kennedy members.
I was lucky to get 2008 GF tickets in the nosebleeds (literally the furthest seats, but my son and I loved every minute).
At the start of this year I am rung by the club and asked if I would like to upgrade to Gold / Kennedy, which would involve more $++ but keeping the same seats. The only difference been guaranteed GF tickets if Hawks made it. They told me at the time it would be a 90% chance of getting GF tickets whilst being a silver member anyway, so I declined. No team is a lock to get to the GF, I reasoned.
So this year in the ballot we miss out. Its a major bummer, but I guess someone has to miss out. But I would be a bit suspicious if this story is common, i.e. passing on an upgrade that involves keeping the same seats, then missing on the ballot. Has this happened to others?

P.S. I managed to scrounge some tickets in the end, so my son is over the moon!

If anyone is interested in a swap I have one level Q50 concession seated ticket and one M10 adult standing. I am just looking for one seated ticket in a better location than row HH. So pm and we can arrange something.

Maybe someone here can shed some light, I've managed to get myself a standing room ticket. Issue is its a concession ticket, can I get it upgraded to an adult ??? Any suggestions on what I can do?? Would be absolutely gutted to get to the game and not get entry..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just to let you guys know there are still plenty of Swans seats available (it’s an absolute joke these tickets have been offered to Hawthorn members yet…)

I’ve got a business partner in Sydney that’s got access to a Swans membership barcode (he’s a Pie, don’t begrudge him…)

If I can get access to the barcode…I’ll try and see what I can do, but it’s a long shot

The more the Brown and Gold can dwarf the Swans, the better the atmosphere on the day :thumbsu:

Maybe someone here can shed some light, I've managed to get myself a standing room ticket. Issue is its a concession ticket, can I get it upgraded to an adult ??? Any suggestions on what I can do?? Would be absolutely gutted to get to the game and not get entry..

Your biggest hurdle will be picking up the ticket with an ID, credit card, and proof of concession that have the same name on it.
Don't think much will be done at the ground only at AFL and MCC members to check memberships.

Any advice on M32 Row DD? Any good or too far back?
Not too bad - just back under the "drip line" of the N deck above - good protection if rain and hail is forecast!!

I'm just next door to you in row DD of M33. Right behind the goals at teh city end. Don't normally like sitting at one end, but at least I'm going to the dance!

Your biggest hurdle will be picking up the ticket with an ID, credit card, and proof of concession that have the same name on it.
Don't think much will be done at the ground only at AFL and MCC members to check memberships.
I've already got the ticket, and there is no name attached to it...Its just a question of getting through at the gate...I'll try and upgrade it though, don't want the stress of it on the day...

One of my tickets was a concession but didn't need any concession Id to get it.

Might be different if it's your only ticket.

They do check at the ground but it's pretty random apparently.

I've already got the ticket, and there is no name attached to it...Its just a question of getting through at the gate...I'll try and upgrade it though, don't want the stress of it on the day...
Just borrow someone elses concession card. I've had mine checked a few times this year and once they sight it you are through, they don't bother reading the name or expirey date, they don't care, they just want to make it look like they are doing their job.

You can't upgrade going on what others have said. Your best bet is borrow a health care card and other Id without a photo and just say you've lost your license or something. Maybe practice the signature on the card. Otherwise just look fr moment when the attendant is distracted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Finals Ticketing Thread: Keep it here and please read the OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back