Memberships Finals Tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

I managed to get 5 tickets on level 2A section P8 row F. I had no idea whether they were good or not. I first tried a section on Level 2 and got the message not enough tickets available so try elsewhere. On my second try I got those ones and thought I better just take them.

They are the back row on that level but there are only 6 rows on level 2A. I’ve never sat there before but the view looks pretty good I think. I just hope I’m surrounded by a great group of Doggies members and supporters.

I feel really sorry for all the long time members whose barcodes wouldn’t work this morning and have now ended up at the back of Level 4 or missing out entirely. That is just not good enough by the AFL, the Club, the ticket seller and there should be some accountability because it seems to happen every year but nothing ever happens to hold people accountable. And long suffering members just get kicked up the arse. It’s not fair at all. Congratulations to everyone who did manage to secure tickets. I hope we have a huge number of Bulldogs fans there to try and drown out the Hawks supporters.

Got three seats section M55.

Twenty minutes in queue but went pretty smoothly once in to site. Tried to get level 2 but no go and had to accept best available. Cost $100 each.

Anyone know what m55 section is like. Good or bad spot??
iu

Got Goal Side Level 2 Tickets. Would have liked Level 2 Wing(The Ideal Footy-Watching Position). But you take what you can get in big games like this.

Hear you. Similar experience and eventually got tickets at the front of Level 4. Prefer Level 1 but I'll take whatever given the s***show that is Ticketek.

Small mercies that if we get through to a GF again one day I've guaranteed a ticket with my membership so don't need to go through this crap because it's a shambles. Seriously we don't need this rubbish. So many of us have been members for decades and we get treated like s***
Surely as soon as the club know that we are in, the AFL could give an allocation same as the GF and certain category tickets get priority. I’m sorry that people can’t afford full memberships, but no way should a 1 or 3 gamer get priority access to finals tickets. Gen Admin all the way for them

Right okay, thanks. In 2016 I was just a general member and went in the raffle for members tickets and didn’t get anything. I eventually was lucky enough to purchase two standing room tickets leftover from the Swans allocation and I tried to trade them for seated tickets to no avail until my angel from BigFooty (aka Deadly Darcy) came through and offered me 2 tickets that he no longer needed and I instead sold my standing room tickets to two other Bulldogs members on this forum who missed out on the initial allocation like I did. Super stressful week that I never wanted to experience again trying to secure tickets so I straight away went in the waiting list for Social Club membership. Took a few years waiting but eventually got in.

But I have no idea how the process works for getting my GF seats if we make it. I just know I should have 3 seats somewhere but I presume I still need to pay for them through Ticketek or something to confirm them. Hope it’s a simpler process than this was!

Before preliminary finals, if we were in, you’d receive an email to register for GF tickets and pay a refundable booking fee. Indicate number of tickets, if you’d accept standing room, etc.
Then it’s out of our hands and you’d wait to see what seats you’ve been allocated.
No having to go back on to Ticketek.
At least that’s what happened last time.

Screenshot_20240828-115503_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240828-115514_Chrome.jpg

The "very best ticketing solutions" Phil? You useless campaigner.

Or is the reference to "partners" the give away?

AFL are partners... footy fans/ticket purchasers are just the suckers, aren't they Phil?

Surely there should be an option to opt in to secure guaranteed tickets based on the tier of your membership.

I.e. If tickets go on sale on the Wednesday, the opt in period should take place on Monday & Tuesday.

• Gold class members have the option to opt in to secure guaranteed gold class tickets
  • Silver class members have the option to opt in to secure guaranteed silver class tickets
  • Bronze class members have the option to opt in to secure guaranteed bronze class tickets

You don't have to opt in, but this seems a much fairer system. I.e. If you're a bronze tier member and you don't wish to opt in, you can run the gauntlet and "hope" you secure Level 1 or 2 tickets. This should only be made available to those who wish to purchase tickets during the 'general public' allocation.

How is there not something like this already in place? What action can club supporters take to ensure this is facilitated? There is absolutely no accountability whatsoever.

Surely as soon as the club know that we are in, the AFL could give an allocation same as the GF and certain category tickets get priority. I’m sorry that people can’t afford full memberships, but no way should a 1 or 3 gamer get priority access to finals tickets. Gen Admin all the way for them

100 per cent. 1 and 3 game members shouldn't have access. Sorry but that's just rubbish.

For me, I probably panicked and saw level 4 and just grabbed them but that's what this system does to you, because you never know what will happen next or if it'll work again.

Not too bad in the end.

I'm happy with DD close to the wing rather than Q behind the goals.

View attachment 2094491
I’m quite partial to some DDs as well….(guess which muppet isnt trying to get seats today and is relaxing while you are all stressed out 😜

I feel really uncomfortable with some of the vitriol directed at the club and ultimately the poor staff that have to answer these vultures.

I understand people are frustrated but these will always been the ticketing system issues. That’s where the anger needs to be directed, not the poor soul earning $60k working in the clubs membership department fielding angry calls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My brother from another mother is a member and got me a ticket. We ended up in the nosebleeds - Q13 (Great Southern Stand) but I couldn’t give a stuff because it’s the first AFL final I’ve ever been to, at one of the worlds best stadiums, watching the club I love play against the side I have a wee bit of a soft spot for. AND my manager gave me that day off work.

I am fuming. Spend thousands on this club and then have to put up with 2 hours of sh*t to be given the second back row of level 4. Here is my experience:

Get in the cue before 10am and ready to go.
Just after 10am I get in. Enter barcodes, and get the message "barcodes not recognised" This happens for about 45 minutes. Gold level 1 reserve seat member, barcodes sent to me by the club.

When it finally recognises 2 of my 5 membership, I think o.k at least I can get two member and two quests. Proceed to be told allocation is exhausted for another 45 mins, trying every option and combination available.

Finally at 11.50 get offered under best availble 4 seats at the second back row.

What a ****ing joke. Not good enough by ticketeck, AFL and the Bulldogs.

Why aren't the people who support the club and pay memberships and reserve seats offered the best seats come finals. Well pissed off.

I feel really uncomfortable with some of the vitriol directed at the club and ultimately the poor staff that have to answer these vultures.

I understand people are frustrated but these will always been the ticketing system issues. That’s where the anger needs to be directed, not the poor soul earning $60k working in the clubs membership department fielding angry calls.
Phil (Wayne) King - needs a pile of emails sent to him

Like i said - we live in 2024 and they want us to put everything digital yet they can’t even get what should be a ****ing simple process like ticket sales right….and that ain’t no conspiracy theory

Absolute bullshit that Johnny come lately 3 game members will have gotten better seats than Dog for life SC members

Yep let’s all go digital….

Same thing happened in 2016 GF, Silver Social club and we were up in the nosebleeds.
Meanwhile 3 game free VU “members” sitting on Lev 1 high fiving Easton etc at the end.
Seriously there needs to be a hierarchy of quality of seats. So sad if others can’t afford that, but welcome to the real world.
Meanwhile I was told to be happy that I got tickets at all even though I’d paid for that privilege for years for just that eventuality. It wasn’t a gift or luck of the draw that we were guaranteed tickets.

can anybody explain to me what it means by AA 12 in the q area level 4
AA 12 sounds like your seat and row so seat number 12 in row AA. The whole of level 4 is Q section. There should be a number after the Q to say which bay it is like Q19 or Q10 etc

I miss the old days of trying to get Chicago Cubs Opening Day tickets. I was in more virtual waiting rooms on my computer than all of the hospital waiting rooms in the US.

I might have tried to go to our Final if it would have been on Saturday afternoon. Night games are just too difficult.

Hope everyone gets their tickets.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m sure everyone realises that there will still be a shitload of really good seats available when GA opens….these crooks at Tickettek do it all the time

I wouldn’t be surprised, I’m sure they release blocks of tickets at a time.
They also keep some back in case undecided people won’t buy them if they’re shit seats, meanwhile they know the tragics like us will accept anything in the panic and stress.

I miss the old days of trying to get Chicago Cubs Opening Day tickets. I was in more virtual waiting rooms on my computer than all of the hospital waiting rooms in the US.

I might have tried to go to our Final if it would have been on Saturday afternoon. Night games are just too difficult.

Hope everyone gets their tickets.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Thanks Chicago, just make sure you pick a good lucky meal that works for that Friday to do your bit and hopefully I see you at the GF again like in 2016! We are counting on you!

Remove this Banner Ad

Memberships Finals Tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back