Memberships Finals Tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

There used to be a system where competing club afl membership got priority, no more, if they want to sell guest passes, open them up 2 hrs after the main sale, then you take your chances if you want to wait or get a ticket! Same goes for priority members in the general sale, reward people who pay higher memberships first and then open up afterwards.
I don't think there has ever been a priority for competing clubs, other than the GF

I have checked the fan forums of the other 7 finals clubs - the Western Bulldogs are the only ones who had membership barcode issues.

It has always been up to the clubs to provide Ticketek and Ticketmaster with a list of member barcodes that are eligible for finals tickets.

To the AFL member above, I feel your pain but as an AFL Member since 1995 the competing clubs have only ever had priority on Grand Final day.

I actually think the Dogs may have stuffed up here and given the wrong database to Ticketek

Agreed and I nearly got it out of the guy on the phone. My hawthorn reserve seat holders had no issues. I don’t know yet if I dont hear anything from the club by way of communication whether email or website then you know it was there stuff up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Did anyone try selecting Hawthorn member bays on Ticketek, considering the option to choose comes AFTER you put your barcodes in. Or does it block you from doing so?

I have checked the fan forums of the other 7 finals clubs - the Western Bulldogs are the only ones who had membership barcode issues.

It has always been up to the clubs to provide Ticketek and Ticketmaster with a list of member barcodes that are eligible for finals tickets.

To the AFL member above, I feel your pain but as an AFL Member since 1995 the competing clubs have only ever had priority on Grand Final day.
I waited till 12pm as an AFL member. Could I or Boof09 have got tickets with our afl barcodes in the competing clubs/Public Reserve slot at 10am. Coz I think that’s what ended up happening anyway after the AFL members allocation I wanted was exhausted and I flicked over to that option.

That is to say that I stopped attempting to secure tickets through the AFL members option because it was only throwing up Level 4 and chose the Public Reserve option with my AFL barcode and up popped a level 2 seat and that was at or about 12:50pm, nearly 3 hours after the Public Reserve first came on line at 10am

Last edited:
I waited till 12pm as an AFL member. Could I or Boof09 have got tickets with our afl barcodes in the competing clubs/Public Reserve slot at 10am. Coz I think that’s what ended up happening anyway after the AFL members allocation I wanted was exhausted and I flicked over to that option.

That is to say that I stopped attempting to secure tickets through the AFL members option because it was only throwing up Level 4 and chose the Public Reserve option with my AFL barcode and up popped a level 2 seat and that was at or about 12:50pm, nearly 3 hours after the Public Reserve first came on line at 10am
Yes I believe we could of but have to pay full price for members tickets as opposed to the afl member "booking fee" I actually looked afterwards and I could still buy a guest pass for each membership in the public area (didn't know that was a thing as guest passes out there). They were level 4 but still better seats than I got. Didn't want to spend the extra $110 to do it!

Did anyone try selecting Hawthorn member bays on Ticketek, considering the option to choose comes AFTER you put your barcodes in. Or does it block you from doing so?

After I had brought my tickets I logged in again using my other Bulldog barcodes and it allowed me to click on the Hawthorn member bays and purchase tickets if I wanted too. Took it all through to the payment page before closing the page

Yes I believe we could of but have to pay full price for members tickets as opposed to the afl member "booking fee" I actually looked afterwards and I could still buy a guest pass for each membership in the public area (didn't know that was a thing as guest passes out there). They were level 4 but still better seats than I got. Didn't want to spend the extra $110 to do it!
I must admit the guest pass option came as a surprise to me. And I agree with you, I don't like it at all when it comes at the expense of someone paying 500 bucks a year for their AFL or club membership.

I don't think guest passes should be an option for finals or, if they must, should only be an option for the last hour of member sales. In this case between 1pm and 2pm. The AFL member wanting to bring a guest then assumes the risk of missing out by introducing someone not paying to be affiliated to the club or the AFL members. In the meantime, all those who actually are paying to be affiliated get priority/first crack.

Interstate is 1 game in your state and 4 GA at marvel.
Should be as many games as there are teams in your state and whatever is left out of 5 for Marvel

Eg: QLD, NSW, WA - 2 games and 3 Marvel, SA 3 games inc Gather Round, 2 at Marvel

Let’s be honest, these memberships are money for jam for the club. I’m sure there are a few who use the Marvel games, but it’s a lot of money to travel down, it’s just handy to have a few up your sleeve if you are down on holiday or for work

And if there aren’t any games in your state for TWO years in a row, then you should be given a credit for other years

Agreed and I nearly got it out of the guy on the phone. My hawthorn reserve seat holders had no issues. I don’t know yet if I dont hear anything from the club by way of communication whether email or website then you know it was there stuff up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Reeks of the new member signing up 4 days before the end of the season and becoming the 60k member and getting a signed jumper

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must admit the guest pass option came as a surprise to me. And I agree with you, I don't like it at all when it comes at the expense of someone paying 500 bucks a year for their AFL or club membership.

I don't think guest passes should be an option for finals or, if they must, should only be an option for the last hour of member sales. In this case between 1pm and 2pm. The AFL member wanting to bring a guest then assumes the risk of missing out by introducing someone not paying to be affiliated to the club or the AFL members. In the meantime, all those who actually are paying to be affiliated get priority/first crack.
That's exactly my thoughts if they want to have it do it after you give people a chance and take the risk if you want to and that's what I wrote to the AFL. I also pointed out to them it doesn't happen to big clubs and had the email from Collingwood/Melbourne last year (i am hopeless at deleting emails!) where there was Gold/Silver only, no bronze upgrade at all.

I received an email response from the club tonight.
I’m far from convinced with their reasons and reference to the fairly vague small number of members impacted.

Was lucky enough to get l1 seats, but heard of others being 20k back in queue and taking 40 mins to secure tickets.... Shocking.

There are a number of pages full of complaints by Hawthorn members similar to ours on their preview thread for the game against us. Hawthorn members had similar issues to us.

We are the game with the biggest demand, and Ticketek bolloxed it up, as usual.

I logged in at 10am with my afl member bulldogs club support barcode in the bulldogs member allocation and I could have got 2 seats level 2 for $101 each. I was around 7500 in line when it started the count down.

I waited til 12 and got my tickets in afl member ship then for $23. I was 2993 in line and there was no option for level 2 seats at all, i tried for 3 seats level 2A (we had 3 memberships) and there were not 3 seats available, I got level 1 seats instead. Clearly all the level 2 and most 2A in afl.members have gone to medallion and corporate.

The selling of guest passes is a joke. They should only be offered after a window has closed for gold and silver members. I wrote to the afl membership last year complaining and got the same bs answer as boof did.

The other thing today was when using the app, it froze when u got in at the point where u should be able to enter barcodes, it didn't allow u to enter any. I had my desktop open so luckily managed to log in on that 1 minute later. Read many people had the same feeling issue on the app. I mean seriously how hard is it for ticketek to test these glitches out...useless.

I logged in at 10am with my afl member bulldogs club support barcode in the bulldogs member allocation and I could have got 2 seats level 2 for $101 each. I was around 7500 in line when it started the count down.

I waited til 12 and got my tickets in afl member ship then for $23. I was 2993 in line and there was no option for level 2 seats at all, i tried for 3 seats level 2A (we had 3 memberships) and there were not 3 seats available, I got level 1 seats instead. Clearly all the level 2 and most 2A in afl.members have gone to medallion and corporate.

The selling of guest passes is a joke. They should only be offered after a window has closed for gold and silver members. I wrote to the afl membership last year complaining and got the same bs answer as boof did.
I saw a post from a Hawks AFL member saying he was in at 12:01 and the AFL members allocation for Level 2 was already exhausted.

Fmd, what chance have you got. You must be right about corporate and medallion shrinking the normal AFL members Level 2 allocation to 9/10ths of sfa. Literally gone in less than 60 seconds.

My beef is with AFL membership. 41 years for me and get sweet FA for it. Tried to get two tickets for me and 15 yr old daughter, silver AFL member (since she has got right into the footy). Couldn't get them, got kicked out offered standing room and then finally two tickets top deck very back row, no choice but to take them. A mate who is using his wife and MIL afl members tickets for him and son (demon club support and he is a hawks supporters) got level 1.

Don't event start me on guest passes, how is it allowed that you can sell guest passes when you can't service your own afl membership. Wrote to the AFL, they actually wrote a generic political response back.

Basically couldn't give two flying f$%&s....

Hi

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback.

The membership is designed to ensure the majority of our members have access, especially during the first weeks of finals, with Gold members enjoying enhanced access to the Grand Final. Guest passes are a benefit of the membership which we offer at a reduced number during finals. I'm sorry that you did not receive the seats you were after. Due to the demand and high number of members, it’s not always possible to guarantee the best seating.

Your feedback is important, and I can add it to our ongoing review of finals access as we seek to continually improve member satisfaction.

Thank you for your support.

Kind regards,
Christian
AFL Membership

There used to be a system where competing club afl membership got priority, no more, if they want to sell guest passes, open them up 2 hrs after the main sale, then you take your chances if you want to wait or get a ticket! Same goes for priority members in the general sale, reward people who pay higher memberships first and then open up afterwards.
My parents are AFL gold members have been for a loooong time, go to most games, couldn’t get tickets.
The trouble with only one game in Melbourne is all AFL members will want to attend.

AFL Member ans MCC are always seperate though and have their own membership categories for people who have a genuine interest in neutral footy. I don't think we should be so dismissive of an AFL member who wants to go, they are a genuine footy fan paying hundreds of years and understands the value of the ticket (accepting guest passes aside).

AFL members probably should have gotten 1 guest pass not 2 but larefley an issue for AFL members.

I don't think there has ever been a priority for competing clubs, other than the GF
Sorry for the intrusion, reading the thread to get a sense for how shambolic this season’s ticket issue is.

Agree on priority point above. Last year Gold Members had access to the whole reserve for the prelim, whilst silver members had access to limited areas within the reserve. From memory, all the other finals has no difference in entitlement between the two (though cost was also different, with gold tickets being cheaper - though perhaps that was only PF and GF). There was no earlier or changed entitlement for club support vs neutral.

Remove this Banner Ad

Memberships Finals Tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back